UK Release Season 2???

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I will try Axel in the future, ideasarelikefish, but I ordered my copy from Play before your first post on the subject. Certainly I am always keen to avoid unnecessary charges, so it has that going for it at least!
ideasarelikefish

Post by ideasarelikefish »

Most important thing is ... you will have S2 in your hands!!
yellowman

Post by yellowman »

German copy of Season2 arrived today - two box sets. I urge others to NOT wait on UK release. Get US/German or other copy immediately. Why should we be the last to enjoy seeing Twin Peaks in it's restored glory. If UK can't sort out it's own release date - thats their loss.

ENJOY
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

My Season 2 is on its way from the US as we speak. As is Dynamic 01....I cannot wait!! My Special Edition MD arrived yesterday and Im pleased with it. There's not a great amount of extras but it's good enough!

I've also booked my tickets for the first showing of IE in my city.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Tickets for IE are available now for a screening about 20 miles from me at the end of May! It's my closest venue. Must buy them soon.

I'm still patiently waiting for my S2. I fear it's being held up in Customs hell. Which is not entirely a bad thing, funnily enough, because I know a little sumpn sumpn.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Red Room wrote:Finally ordered a Region 1 set via Axel. I just couldn't wait any longer for news of a UK release, and seeing as I recently purchased a fab new region-free player it makes sense! ;-) Hopefully it'll arrive soon...
What a great start to the weekend - My Region 1 set arrived this morning from Axel, and a couple of days sooner than I had been advised! :-)

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there was no import duty charge. I'd recommend Axel to anyone (in the UK) who hasn't ordered yet...

If/when the UK version materialises I may trade my R1 set in via Ebay, (as the US packaging is inferior to the R2 sets), but for now I'm pretty content.
ideasarelikefish wrote:Also it bizarrely came in a Spider Man 2 collectors box which goes nicely with my Spider Man 1 & 2 DVDs. Anyone else get this?
Yes, strangely enough I did! However as I don't own either Spider Man film, (and am not in a hurry to do so) I'll give mine to a friend...
Parkamarka

Post by Parkamarka »

I ordered through Amazon.com - arrived on the 10th April, no import charge, £22 including delivery. I'd be surprised to find a better service than that, to be quite honest.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Well, apparently my S2 set has got lost in the post (it was despatched on 2 April). Playusa.com has offered me a refund, so I've ordered from Axel. Fingers crossed for a swift delivery. I'm gagging for it now!
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

I emailed Universal Playback and asked if they had any plans to distribute the second season in the UK but they didn't bother to reply. They own Play.com apparently. I wondered why Play kept sending my catalogues of Universal Playback TV box sets.
adamus

Post by adamus »

I just can't bring myself to order either a US or German copy.

I would prefer a US copy - all in one box set - but my DVD player is region 2. I bought it a few years ago now and I think it said that it could be multiregion but I have NO IDEA how decode it or whatever it is you have to do to make it play region 1 DVDs.

I hate the idea of buying 2 sets with German rather than English text, and aren't the log lady intros missing from the 1st set on the German import?

It is very frustrating waiting for the UK to catch up with the rest of the world though. Maybe I'll go at my DVD player with a screwdriver and see what happens.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Erwin wrote:Either that or google [brand] [model] region free hack ... :roll:
I was about to offer the same advice. :-) It should be easier than you may think to convert your unit...

It's well worth getting the US Region 1 set - I'm almost halfway through watching mine, and loving every minute of it. Frankly, I couldn't wait any longer for a (possible) UK release.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

adamus wrote:I hate the idea of buying 2 sets with German rather than English text, and aren't the log lady intros missing from the 1st set on the German import?
The US set is the best option if you do decide on that route, I bought the German 2.1 set (no log lady intros on this, don't know if they are all on 2.2?) and was going to get the second installment, until I found that I could get the whole US set with all the log lady intros in the right place for less than it would be to buy the German 2.2.

I have since got my US set and, having watched a few episodes, is the better option if you can sort out your dvd player

I now have a spare German 2.1, anyone interested, going cheap :D
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Post by wallydanger »

adamus wrote:I just can't bring myself to order either a US or German copy.

I would prefer a US copy - all in one box set - but my DVD player is region 2. I bought it a few years ago now and I think it said that it could be multiregion but I have NO IDEA how decode it or whatever it is you have to do to make it play region 1 DVDs.

Maybe I'll go at my DVD player with a screwdriver and see what happens.
Actually, making a player region free is incredibly easy. It only involves entering a specific code with the remote control. You just need to know what those numbers are.

Here's a great site that has almost all players listed. There's a search box to enter your brand and model.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Many independent electronics stores will even offer to make your machine region-free, either for a small free, or for free if you buy a R2 machine from them.