A Twin Peaks Continuation - For or Against

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

I wish Lynch would re-consider a graphic novel approach. It's a PERFECT format to continue Twin Peaks on. I don't ever see a "real" continuation ever happening... it's been too long, Lynch is older and his focus is elsewhere. But yeah... I wish Lynch would find an artist out there that he collaborate with, like he once did with Mark Frost, and come up with a new set of stories. Obviously, if Lynch did it, it would be darker in the vein of FWWM and the last episode of the series, which I would be ALL for. I don't like the idea of Cooper being some pharmacist years later... it makes no sense. To me, a third season would be "the hunt for Cooper" where Cooper, possessed by Bob, goes after Annie and Truman and deputies have to protect her and try and save Cooper (with Garland helping).
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I'm against, after seeing how old everyone looks in the extras on the boxed set.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

I can't imagine it.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

At the very least a 3rd volume of TP music and the FWWM deleted scenes DVD.

But the way this new Gold DVD seems to be selling so well, maybe the creators and studio will take notice that there is an audience still there 17 years later.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

I refuse to believe there isn't someway it could be done right complete with Lynch and Frost's involvement, be it internet or not, and naturally jumping forward years later after the series finale. As always, I'm cautiously for. ;)
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

they could record an audio book, as a sequel :roll:
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

I am both for and against. As much as I love Twin Peaks I would of course have loved to see another season, if it had been done 16 years ago. A lot has changed in the past 15 years. The actors/actresses have become older and would not be believable playing their character's age anymore, in addition to this some of the actors have even passed away. I am not sure they would be able to pull it off by creating a new season after so many years, the expectations would be enormous, they would almost be destined to fail. Jack Nance is dead, and I suppose they would manage to omit Pete Martell from the storyline as he was in the bank during the explosion in the final episode and could easily be written out of the series. Frank Silva, who has also passed away, playing BOB would be a bigger problem. His appearance in the final episode was of great importance. I can't see a future for Twin Peaks without Frank Silva as BOB in it. They certainly couldn't write the character out of the series with such a cliffhanger, and I don't think the fans would accept BOB being played by another actor. It just wouldn't work. Perhaps a mini series would have been an ok idea, not necessarily to tie up all the loose ends, but a way of saying goodbye to Twin Peaks. But still not sure how they would come up with a storyline without BOB though...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: A Twin Peaks Continuation - For or Against

Post by Audrey Horne »

Bump, because, well... C'mon!

Hilarious read in hindsight.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re:

Post by Jerry Horne »

Jerry Horne wrote:Against. We'll just have to make do with the upcoming FWWM deleted scenes... :wink:
Can I change my mind?

Nice to know I nailed that prediction that we would get the deleted scenes from FWWM. Well, seven years later anyway ;)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM