Exclusive Richard Beymer interview!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

Annie wrote:Hi Jer, I finally got to see it! It's wonderful (and if Ricky ever publishes his book, we'll have more to buy.)
Richard is receiving his first box of books tomorrow and if all goes well... his book "Imposter: Or Whatever Happened To Richard Beymer" will go up on Amazon in a few weeks. The editing process seems to be never ending, but this seems to be the final leg ...for reals this time.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Richard's Book

Post by Tonya J »

Hi Dugpa Board Folks - I'm new here, having found my way over from MySpace where a couple people from this thread know of me. I'd like to pimp (sorry, that sounds sleazy, doesn't it) Richard's book for a moment if I may.

I've been wracking my brains for one more place I could give it a plug, since I don't have a lot of time to spend on the 'net these days and really don't have many hangouts. Please know this is not about my own self-aggrandizement. Mostly, my missives and links about Impostor have been received quite well at the few places I've posted, but I did have one bad experience. This is all about trying to get the word out to people I think this book is worth reading, and it's obvious everyone, in this thread at least, has a lot of affection for Richard Beymer.

Twin Peaks Archive kindly put my review of the book up at their site, so you can read it there if you like (conveniently located right above the great interview TPA did with Richard). As to content in general, I think in the interview Richard put it quite well as to what the book is about. It's up to you to decide when you read it if some, all, or part of it is reality. My review is about how the book struck me, personally.

Wasn't that video that Erin did with him priceless? I love it when anyone talks about David Lynch but I've watched it several times now and I crack up every time. Not because Richard is being intentionally humorous, but that his take on David Lynch is so irrepressible and perceptive at the same time, that it tickles my funnybone. Maybe he'll put the Hippo down one day and appear for an interview as "himself."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Welcome Tonya! Thanks again for the great review on our site! I look forward to your thoughts on watching Twin Peaks again...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Re: Richard's Book

Post by edenweaver »

Tonya J wrote: Wasn't that video that Erin did with him priceless? I love it when anyone talks about David Lynch but I've watched it several times now and I crack up every time. Not because Richard is being intentionally humorous, but that his take on David Lynch is so irrepressible and perceptive at the same time, that it tickles my funnybone. Maybe he'll put the Hippo down one day and appear for an interview as "himself."

ha... Tonya, i wouldn't count on Richard putting the hippo down.... he has gotten a few interview requests surrounding the release of the TP dvd, but he told me he would not be doing any more "straight" interviews ...but you never know!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hi Tonya--welcome to our home. Thanks for the info on Imposter. I'm sure lots of people in here plan to read it! Come back again!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.