Original Unaired DH Pilot with Sheryl Lee (now with photos!)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Original Unaired DH Pilot with Sheryl Lee (now with photos!)

Post by Jonah »

I recently downloaded the original unaired "Desperate Housewives" pilot because I had heard Sheryl Lee was in it. (I'll try to post some screen shots soon for those who haven't seen it.)

I'm not sure what I think about "Desperate Housewives" (only seen a few episodes) - it's nothing compared to "Twin Peaks" of course. It's kind of pedestrian like "Lost" and complete fluff - very "Sex in the City". Though there are some dark sides I like about it.

Anyhow, I found it amazing watching Sheryl Lee in the original pilot. It's such a shame the producers replaced her with Brenda Strong. I like Strong but I feel Lee brought a sense of innocence to the show, a sense of ethereal mystery that Strong doesn't have. It would've been amazing to see Lee get this kind of fame again - and see her again playing a dead person on TV! The image of her lying dead on the ground in the opening moments of DH's unaired pilot were quite haunting as one seems to view it automatically in comparison to the image of Laura wrapped in plastic.

I believe Kyle MacLachlan recently joined the cast of DH? The parallel between him, Sheryl Lee and Brenda Strong is very interesting. I had expected a lot more from Desperate Housewives, however. It is entertaining, but I'm disappointed overall. Thought it would be better, considering all I had heard about it.

But the point of this post is, I would highly recommend the unaired pilot to anyone who is a fan of Sheryl Lee (or Laura Palmer!).
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Having some problems getting pics up. Here's the link for the torrent file if anyone wants to download episode:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3539882/Des ... ired_Pilot

Just a warning - downloading this episode takes VERY LONG. It took in excess of 40 hours for me (last 10% was a nightmare!).

But if you're a Sheryl Lee fan, it's worth checking out as this episode is not even available (to my knowledge) as a bonus feature on DH DVDs.
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

I've heard about Sheryl Lee being replaced in the pilot, & it is a shame. I'm not a TV watcher, & have no interest in seeing Desperate Housewives, but she would have been excellent. I do appreciate the link, but I'm not interested in seeing it, sorry, but thanks.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

They replaced Sheryl because she was ethereal and they wanted to take the character in another direction. There's an interview with one of the producers or writers somewhere on the net. He said she was really lovely about it and they want to use her at some point in the future.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ok this took me ages but think I got it working. The first two images are the best in terms of parallels with Laura Palmer (dead body and framed picture at funeral).

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By Jonah26 at 2007-08-22
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Sorry for delay. Here's all the rest of the photos. (I like close-up of Sheryl smiling and also one where she's leaning into mailbox, interesting shot.)

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By Jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22

By jonah26 at 2007-08-22
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Hey, thanks for the photos, Jonah. I appreciated that. I also liked the ones you like aswell.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Jonah wrote:Here's the link for the torrent file if anyone wants to download episode:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3539882/Des ... ired_Pilot

Just a warning - downloading this episode takes VERY LONG. It took in excess of 40 hours for me (last 10% was a nightmare!).
Thanks for the heads-up Jonah. Incidentally, I managed to download it in under 3 hours. :-) I'll keep seeding the file for a while...

It's great to see, (especially as I'm also a fan of DH), although I personally feel that Brenda Strong is better suited to the role...

RR
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Glad you appreciate the link and photos guys. It's definitely a cool little rarity, I'm surprised it has not been released on any of the DH DVDs as a bonus feature.

Just got to end of second season of DH. Looking forward to watching Season 3, mainly for Kyle MacLachlan (who's with Bree/Marcia Cross - I love her!). I think Harriet Sansom Harris was wonderful in DH. I'm surprised she never worked with Lynch. She'd be perfect! (Always thought Jan D'arcy who played Sylvia Horne looked a bit like her however).