Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

Post by Jerry Horne »

Good grief I'm blushing! Thanks for the kind words you two.

However, I'll save others from having to chime in and say 'No not Jerry'!!

I was ready to pack it in before S3 was announced due to work loads and family etc.

I'm skeptical of a full blown S4...but if something is announced...who knows...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Hopefully we'll have enough time to sort it here. It was just my emergency plan.

Disclaimer: I'm mod on the reddit now because I created it, but I have zero desire/intention of being a mod nor have any authority there whatsoever.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jerry Horne wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:02 pm Good grief I'm blushing! Thanks for the kind words you two.

However, I'll save others from having to chime in and say 'No not Jerry'!!

I was ready to pack it in before S3 was announced due to work loads and family etc.

I'm skeptical of a full blown S4...but if something is announced...who knows...
That's what I suspected Jerry, but it was worth a try. :)
Last edited by Jasper on Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If anyone is friends with forum members on here who haven't logged in for a long time you might want to message them to let them know this news. If you PM them on here, they'll only get the message if they have email notifications turned on (if not they won't get it) - so might be best to contact them on other means if you know them (social media, outside email, etc.).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

Post by enumbs »

It would be great if any new home allowed for the migration of data, if only for the fact that I think this board (like the old usenet board) is such an great time capsule, full of fascinating responses to the Return from the time it was broadcast. I know that the plan is to keep this site as an archive for a while, but it would be such a shame if all the brilliant writing here was lost.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

It's been fun guys. Thanks to Dugpa & all the loyal members for all the hard work & dedication!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Damn.. I joined this forum almost 7 years ago. Time flew by quickly. I have some good memories out there. Let’s hope we all connect on reddit.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Anyone who wants to connect on Twitter my handle is @MikeMejia3D.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Oh wow. I'm actually in the middle of a big move and have been feeling the usual overwhelming sensations of change. This place is a part of a routine I've had for a long time, whether it's a daily check-in click or some intensive posting. I'll miss it and I hope you guys can figure out a way to preserve posts and/or transition elsewhere, because there's been many, many a time I've been in need of info and this place, stretching back a decade and a half, has some great resources & anecdotes...
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:48 pm Anyone who wants to connect on Twitter my handle is @MikeMejia3D.
Thanks - just followed you! (I'm @EOTPRecords).
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Well, hell. This place has been a perpetually open browser window on my phone for the better part of a decade, moreso than any other site. I’m sure I’ll have more to say in the next few days, but for now I’ll just echo the love for Jerry as one of the best forum moderators I’ve had the pleasure to encounter in terms of level-headedness and keeping the peace; and thank dugpa for all his hard work in keeping this place functioning, and unsung hero BookhouseBoyBob for keeping the lights on all this time. It’s been an absolute pleasure to be a part of this community, and I’m heartbroken to see it go.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

This news is crushing. I'm not exactly a regular or insightful poster but I have loved coming on here and reading pretty much every thread for many, many years now. So many good memories. I really hope something else can be set up so we can all meet in the same place again. It'd be a shame if we all didn't know how to find each other when (NOT IF) a Twin peaks Carrie Paige spin off is announced. :D

Thank you so much to all the mods on here who've made it a great place to hang around. Very much appreciated one and all.

I've joined the subreddit that has been set up and if anyone is looking for me I'm @sneakymcdave on twitter.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Wow, BOB, wow.
Another piece of the "old internet" disappears, leaving behind the writhing mass of googlefacebooktwitterreddit.. Oh well - thanks for keeping it alive all this time, BookhouseBoyBob, dugpa, Jerry & co. This was a unique and great little corner of the web. Thank you.

When and if a new Lynch movie/series comes around, it's going to be so weird and sad not having this place to come to and read everyone's reactions, discussions and speculation. Even for those of us not posting that much (neither regular nor insightful as sneakydave said, haha), this has been a very special place. Twin Peaks and this forum are inseparable in my mind.
Catch you all at the Double R.

Thread theme:

(Angelo Badalamenti - Moving Through Time)
I'll see you in the trees
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I know that I'm a relatively new user here, but as many have already expressed, I'm devastated, heartbroken. This is the only online community that I'm a part of; I have no accounts on social networks, I'm not registered to any other forum, nothing, so I've started feeling like a true member of a unique community here.

I want to thank the administrators, moderators, and all the great people who kept this place going! Without you, this would have never been possible.

If anyone is willing and able to either take over the management of this place or migrate the data to another place and continue there - as Histeria has suggested - I would be very happy to join and help keep this community alive.

To be honest, at this moment, if I had to choose between a new David Lynch project and this forum continuing as it has, I'm not sure which one I would choose :cry:
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Stavrogyn wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:08 am To be honest, at this moment, if I had to choose between a new David Lynch project and this forum continuing as it has, I'm not sure which one I would choose :cry:
Aw. That's lovely, Stavrogyn. Nice work also Histeria - keep us updated on your efforts and let's see what everyone thinks.

I wrote up a little speech and thanks to Dugpa and several others - but moved it to the first post I made on this thread on page one as it feels more appropriate there.
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.