IMDb Poll

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Dougie Cooper
Roadhouse Member

IMDb Poll

Post by Dougie Cooper »

For anyone wanting in on the fun. There's a current poll on IMDb - "David Lynch's Creepiest Character"

https://www.imdb.com/poll/sMsS5D0eBZc/?ref_=po_ho

There are 24 choices. All of them worthy.

I voted Woodsman.

Why not?
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: IMDb Poll

Post by Annie »

I like that! Did you see so far Dennis Hopper is winning? I voted for the lady in the radiator.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

I voted for Robert Blake in Lost Highway as Mystery Man.
There's something about that camera-thing :shock:
"Your log and I are on the same page."
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

Nice list, but I would certainly add the Jumping Man. My choice would probably be "Frances Bay and Jonathan J. Leppell" - here I would follow the previous comment and say there is still something indelibly creepy and disturbing about that mask coupled with their out-of-the-BLUE appearance, soundtrack, visuals, dialogue and whispering voice. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I watched the film when I was 9 years old. But my reaction and attitude have basically remained the same. In time I started to think that the creepiness at least partly comes from our subconscious sensation that Leppell's character can see and feel Laura albeit wearing a mask, while Laura can't see his face.
For me Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me represents the PEAK in Lynch's entire cinematic legacy in terms of producing disturbed mental states.

Correction: I don't think that I find Tremonds the most creepy characters per se, rather that the effect that the RR Diner scene produced upon me back then is still very intense.
Dougie Cooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dougie Cooper »

nemo wrote:Nice list, but I would certainly add the Jumping Man. My choice would probably be "Frances Bay and Jonathan J. Leppell" - here I would follow the previous comment and say there is still something indelibly creepy and disturbing about that mask coupled with their out-of-the-BLUE appearance, soundtrack, visuals, dialogue and whispering voice. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I watched the film when I was 9 years old. But my reaction and attitude have basically remained the same. In time I started to think that the creepiness at least partly comes from our subconscious sensation that Leppell's character can see and feel Laura albeit wearing a mask, while Laura can't see his face.
For me Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me represents the PEAK in Lynch's entire cinematic legacy in terms of producing disturbed mental states.

Correction: I don't think that I find Tremonds the most creepy characters per se, rather that the effect that the RR Diner scene produced upon me back then is still very intense.
The Jumping Man is an excellent suggestion. And I agree on the Tremonds. Actually, as I think about it Buella isn't particularly creepy, the overall feel of her surroundings are creepy, along with the setting.

I've only seen Elephant Man once, so the two characters listed may or may not carry the same weight either. But I'm due for a EM rewatch, I'll pay closer attention.
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

nemo wrote:I watched the film when I was 9 years old.
Wow. That'd do it.