Poll: Is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night a new David Lynch project or related to Twin Peaks?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night a new David Lynch project or related to Twin Peaks?

Entirely new DL project/not TP related at all
28%
Entirely new DL project but set in same universe with no direct references
5%
TP related (spin-off/spiritual successor) but not Season 4/direct continuation
23%
TP Season 4
8%
TP some sort of direct continuation (movie/series of movies)
5%
TP related but not sure to what extent
30%
Other/combination of the above (specify in comments)
3%

Total votes: 40
Jonah
Global Moderator

Poll: Is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night a new David Lynch project or related to Twin Peaks?

Post by Jonah »

Speculation Poll.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Poll: Is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night a new David Lynch project or related to Twin Peaks?

Post by Jonah »

So far, most people seem to think it's TP related anyway.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Poll: Is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night a new David Lynch project or related to Twin Peaks?

Post by Soolsma »

If these are indeed anthology styled ''mini movies'', I don't think it's unlikely one or some of them may be set in the TP universe or one parallel to it. This is why I voted for the sixth option
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:If these are indeed anthology styled ''mini movies'', I don't think it's unlikely one or some of them may be set in the TP universe or one parallel to it. This is why I voted for the sixth option
I don't know how this "anthology" stuff gained so much traction.

When it was reported (though not confirmed) that they weren't sure if it would be 20+ episodes or 13 "mini movies," it sounded just like The Return, which was one big script that they didn't know how they'd break up. If it was some kind of anthology series, why would they not know if it would be over twenty episodes or just 13 "mini movies"? That sounds to me like it's one long script that could be 20+ regular episodes or a smaller number of longer episodes running perhaps 75 minutes each or so (hence "mini movies").
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Admitted, we indeed have very little to go on here. But the original leaker, says he saw exactly those words used in certain documents. IMO the sound of it very much contrasts TR, which was always approached as one big movie. That, and I've never heard the term mini movies ever pertain to purely episode length. Also, in a somewhat recent interview Lynch denied working on any tv project, he did say he had a ''box of ideas'' he was sorting out with Sutherland. Once again, pure speculation, but from the sound of it I imagined them as assorted ideas.

All that, and my gut just tells me that besides solely TP, Lynch has many other stories to tell. However noteworthy, as I've stated before, the lines of what's considered an anthology could get very blurry in any kind of Lynchian madness. I mean, if for instance the entire thing would be structured like IE, but stretched out over more time, huge parts of it might feel like they have very little to do with the rest of what's going on.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

My guess is it is not TP related at all. Just a guess though.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

It could be about Wally Brando and his travels across the U.S., where he visits a new town each day, and each episode ends in a different bar with a different musical act playing. The last episode takes place in a bar called "Judy's" in Odessa, NY, owned by a bald woman, where he passes out at the end, and sees the red curtains and the chevron-patterned floor. :lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

This poll is about what you think it might be but I think I'll create another one to see what we all WANT it to be. I imagine TP but not sure.

Edit - new poll here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4241
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I vote for season 4. My doubtful mind is telling me it will be a completely new / unrelated project, but my instinct and heart do not agree with that at all.
boske wrote:It could be about Wally Brando and his travels across the U.S., where he visits a new town each day, and each episode ends in a different bar with a different musical act playing. The last episode takes place in a bar called "Judy's" in Odessa, NY, owned by a bald woman, where he passes out at the end, and sees the red curtains and the chevron-patterned floor. :lol:
Sounds good to me! :D
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I voted for TP related, but not sure to what extent. Although, I’d also be happy if it was something completely different and new.

“Unrecorded Night” makes me think of the phonograph in the Fireman’s palace.