What did we know before?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

YANA

Re: What did we know before?

Post by YANA »

Soolsma wrote:I knew:

An image of Major Briggs would appear.

About an Asian woman. (Naido)

Opening scene in the Red Room.

About Carrie Page being from Texas and played by Lee.

Becky Briggs.

That's all I knew of that wasn't posted in the Spoiler thread. IIRC.
Oh wow, I never knew the Carrie Page stuff got out there.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

YANA wrote:
All of this. As well as that, for me part of the weird disorientating nature of the scene was the fact I'd seen it on those blurry YouTube videos of filming a year beforehand - for a brief moment I thought Coop had crossed over to the real world, and part of me still feels that might be a bit of the intention, or at least to capture the tone of reality.
That's a very interesting reason for thinking that. I'm generally 100% of the mind that Cooper crossed over to the real world, by the way. There's a lot of real world intrusions that gradually stack up with increasing regularity in the back half of the season that lend credence to the theory.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I did hear about a floating head of Briggs, about the name Carrie Page and her being from Texas, and about an Asian woman (Naido). I'd forgotten those, but yes, I had heard that much. No context attached.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Yeah, it was that one person.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."