Twin Peaks DVD at Comic Con Reports

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

This is good and exciting news. Guess we'll have to double dip...
GORDON COLE ! ! ! !

Post by GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! »

WHAT-A-BEAUTY! ! ! I WAS SO EXCITED MY HEARING AIDS FELL OFF.BUT THIS DVD SET IS A[/u]REAL GOOD IDEA.
...YOU BREAK AN EGG ON IT,SHE,S MY MOTHERS SISTERS GIRL.OREGON!!!ITS A BEAUTIFUL WEAPON,COOP,ACTS LIKE HE,S NEVER SEEN A KISS BEFORE...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

WOW bob WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it.

So glad I filled out petitions online and sent them a letter.

This is too good to be true. All I need to hear now is that Lynch is bringing TP back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :lol: 8) :D :P :D
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

wow bob wow! deleted scenes from both seasons! buying without a doubt:)
rabbitsuit37

Post by rabbitsuit37 »

Amazing thats an orgasm and a half
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Comic-Con Panel Audio and Images

Post by pvilmur »

Here's an audio recording of the Comic-Con panel with DVD producer Charles de Lauzirika, as well as a few pics I snapped. I tried to fiddle with the audio a bit to even out the amplitude, so hopefully you can get a good read. Images are a little blurry but they're shot off the screen. These are clips from the cast and crew interviews. I think you'll appreciate de Lauzirika's passion for the project and commitment to a great DVD set by listening to his presentation. The end of the audio trails off as the speaker wasn't mic'd, but I cut it right at the point where he was done talking. Incidentally, I heard nothing to the effect that they didn't want this material made public, so I'm assuming it's ok to post --

Audio: http://web.splashcast.net/go/p/PBYC6288YU

Last edited by pvilmur on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

Thanks for posting that. I'm looking forward to the Sheryl Lee interview. I'm also curious about the discussion between David Lynch, Madchen Amick and Kyle MacLachlan and I'm thrilled the set includes the European pilot. Paramount have handled the release badly, from the horrid gold cover to uncertainty over deleted scenes but bless their hearts they've made an effort and that's enough to win me over.
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

The one thing that still makes me skeptical is the fact that they didn't mention how many deleted scenes or which ones they would include.

If they include the one with Ben and Maddy, Pete and Albert, and Josie in the Lodge, I would probably sh*t myself.

Dugpa, can you find out which scenes will be included?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

if i remember correctly, the deleted scenes that we listed in another thread were primarily from season 1...hopefully there will be some juicy stuff for season 2 as well. i cant wait to find out what all is included...
Zooastur

Post by Zooastur »

Thank you very much pvilmur
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Hey, thanks for posting those pics, pvilmur. I'm getting more excited about this set. I may have been skeptical about the quality of this release, but Paramount have really surprised me now.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

This is such great news! I'm really quite shocked tat there was any response at all to our outcry about this set... I'm developing a wary hopefulness that a non-corporate entity can actually effect the outcome of anything. Hmmm...I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. :wink:
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

For those unaware, Mr. de Lauzirika is also producing the incredible Blade Runner DVD set, so it goes without saying that they've got the right man on the job. I'm extremely pleased that CBS would put such a competent and committed individual on the TP Complete Mystery set.

I've done a quick write-up on the Blade Runner DVD panel for those interested -- no recording or pics though :D

http://starwarsblog.wordpress.com/2007/ ... -a-sequel/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Great job Pete! I think it's the briefcase version for me. It's already up for pre-order on Amazon everybody (Unlike the TP box that comes out sooner)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

I can't wait for the Blade Runner DVD.

The Twin Peaks deleted scenes will be nice to have and I'm relieved they're not going to fester in a vault until someone realises they don't exist anymore a la Blue Velvet and The Wicker Man.

That said, I'm more excited about the European pilot, Sheryl Lee and David Lynch, who's probably realised this is his last chance to get involved with Twin Peaks on DVD. I'd like to think we'll see the deleted scenes from FWWM eventually but finishing and releasing them on DVD isn't going to make anyone any money. We already have trailers and interviews with the cast and unless someone pushes the boat out and puts together a proper special edition with deleted scenes that's it for Twin Peaks.

If there were no special features at all on the DVDs I suppose I'd be content just to have the series and FWWM on an indestructible format with excellent sound and picture quality but it's easy to become greedy