Twin Peaks on Youtube!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The Partridge Family ruled and the Brady Bunch sucked. There, i said it.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

I don't know if he had a three-way but he was married to a woman, and then had an affair with the Hamlin character. Gotta give 'em props at the time for trying to advance the notion of acceptance and not suppressing your true nature, soap-opera-ish as it appeared in later viewings.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Was that the one where he had a three-way with Harry Hamlin? :D
Yeah- the "Brokeback" of its time!!
I will have to see it. I can never get enough Ontkean!
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:The Partridge Family ruled and the Brady Bunch sucked. There, i said it.
I loved both growing up- essential parts of my childhood. Looking back at them now, Brady Bunch is certainly way DUMBER, but the kids were really likable. And the Partidge's music was actually quite good for what it was.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Was that the one where he had a three-way with Harry Hamlin? :D
Yeah- the "Brokeback" of its time!!
I will have to see it. I can never get enough Ontkean!
Ontkean rules. I loved him so much on TP. Would have loved to see him on the new boxset. Not sure why he decided not to be a part of it, as I've always thought he was pretty proud to be part of TP.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Tonya J wrote:I wonder now, years and years after the fact, what Ontkean thinks of Making Love.
I know Harry Hamlin has stated that playing gay in the film "hurt his career", but I've never heard Ontkean mention it (I've never read a whole lot of interviews at all with Ontkean).
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes, but did he have a super strong career to begin with? Most people only know him from Slap Shot. I doubt that film hurt him much as that film was a bit of a blip on the radar.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Jerry Horne wrote:Yes, but did he have a super strong career to begin with? Most people only know him from Slap Shot. I doubt that film hurt him much as that film was a bit of a blip on the radar.
He was in Slap Shot? Damn, that's some street cred right there. I think it's the only film Paul Newman ever said "fuck" in. I need to put that up at the top of my Netflix queue - haven't seen that in ages.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.