Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by BGate »

eyeboogers wrote:"Wisteria" is a 100% sure fake rumour that first surfaced many months ago. For some odd reason multitudes of media outlets are now circulating this unsourced rumour about Wisteria and Netflix as if it was true. I do believe that Lynch/Sutherland have been working on something, and that there might be an annoucement soon. But whatever it is, I doubt it is a 25 hour, 85 million budget series called "Wisteria". We have absolutely no credible source for that.
I agree that there's nothing concrete yet, and I'm generally skeptical about this kind of stuff, but there's way too much smoke for there to be no fire (where you are going).

IDK if anyone mentioned it yet but we also had that posting from the Celebrity Nudity site from right before the pandemic saying that there was a casting notice for the lead actress in a new David Lynch project. Would make sense given Lynch's hints that the pandemic put something he was working on on hold.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Weren’t Lynch and some of his associates spotted in Snoqualmie last year? The Salish Lodge closed for a few days because
Lynch was there, apparently scouting. I’m sure I remember this, does anyone else?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

eyeboogers wrote:"Wisteria" is a 100% sure fake rumour that first surfaced many months ago. For some odd reason multitudes of media outlets are now circulating this unsourced rumour about Wisteria and Netflix as if it was true. I do believe that Lynch/Sutherland have been working on something, and that there might be an annoucement soon. But whatever it is, I doubt it is a 25 hour, 85 million budget series called "Wisteria". We have absolutely no credible source for that.
Isn't Production Weekly a trustworthy source though? That's where the rumor started this time. They confirmed only that Wisteria is a working title for an upcoming Lynch Netflix Project, produced by Sutherland that will start filming on May.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

madeleineferguson wrote:Weren’t Lynch and some of his associates spotted in Snoqualmie last year? The Salish Lodge closed for a few days because
Lynch was there, apparently scouting. I’m sure I remember this, does anyone else?
I think it was just closed down for a couple days and people speculated that it could be TP-related. I think that was around the same time Snoqualmie was trying to promote itself as a filming location and Lynch tweeted how great it was filming there.
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

BGate wrote:
I agree that there's nothing concrete yet, and I'm generally skeptical about this kind of stuff, but there's way too much smoke for there to be no fire (where you are going).
And Frost’s comment is essentially an acknowledgement of it in fact happening.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

FormicaTable wrote:
Not really. It doesn’t seem like the two communicate much if at all, and my guess is he heard these rumors the same time as the rest of us. All he’s confirmed is that he’s not involved in whatever project may or may not be happening, just as I can unequivocally say that I’m not involved!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Panapaok wrote:
Isn't Production Weekly a trustworthy source though? That's where the rumor started this time. They confirmed only that Wisteria is a working title for an upcoming Lynch Netflix Project, produced by Sutherland that will start filming on May.
Yes, they're legit. I believe what has happened here is that Production Weekly has confirmed that something is going ahead. Did they themselves note that the working title is Wisteria? If so, this confirms that the Redditor who first floated Wisteria did indeed have inside info. Wisteria would therefore no longer be a rumor, but is likely just a working title. That is, if Production Weekly actually reported that name in their most recent issue, which would be why news outlets are picking it up. This whole thing is very confusing without having seen what was actually reported in that issue.

Anyway, if they did report Wisteria as a working title, then the rest of what that Redditor said, including the 85 mil budget, should be taken seriously. If they didn't, then obviously it shouldn't be taken as seriously.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

madeleineferguson wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Well, I dare bet we'll see some familiar faces or actors Lynch had the pleasure of working with in TP(TR).
I believe both Laura Dern and Naomi Watts are attached to this project, they were each seen at Netflix with Lynch, or around when Lynch was there.

Even if it’s not Twin Peaks related, I am ridiculously excited. I hope Sheryl Lee and Grace Zabriskie are a part of the cast too.
I also really hope Badalamenti is involved.

(Also am I imagining this quote or did DL say he felt a little unsatisfied with the way he collaborated with Angelo on The Return? Not because he was unhappy with the music produced but the virtual aspect of it?)
Briggs93

Post by Briggs93 »

How I Can Add screen?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

madeleineferguson wrote:Weren’t Lynch and some of his associates spotted in Snoqualmie last year? The Salish Lodge closed for a few days because
I don't think we've confirmed whether or not Lynch was present, but Peter Deming was there and Kyle MacLachlan was there - at the same time.
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

LateReg wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Yes, they're legit. I believe what has happened here is that Production Weekly has confirmed that something is going ahead. Did they themselves note that the working title is Wisteria? If so, this confirms that the Redditor who first floated Wisteria did indeed have inside info. Wisteria would therefore no longer be a rumor, but is likely just a working title. That is, if Production Weekly actually reported that name in their most recent issue, which would be why news outlets are picking it up. This whole thing is very confusing without having seen what was actually reported in that issue.

Anyway, if they did report Wisteria as a working title, then the rest of what that Redditor said, including the 85 mil budget, should be taken seriously. If they didn't, then obviously it shouldn't be taken as seriously.
They did report Wisteria as working title.

But there is another solution : Sabrina Sutherland saw that Reddit post and said to DKL : let's name the project "Wisteria" for now, they're gonna think the guy on Reddit have infos :twisted:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
FormicaTable wrote:
Not really. It doesn’t seem like the two communicate much if at all, and my guess is he heard these rumors the same time as the rest of us. All he’s confirmed is that he’s not involved in whatever project may or may not be happening, just as I can unequivocally say that I’m not involved!
I can also confirm here and now, that I am not involved in any upcoming Lynch project.

But Sabrina, if you're reading these boards, you can contact me via PM. I work for dirt cheap if it's a Lynch production.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Briggs93

Post by Briggs93 »

Conversation mine with Hollywood Horror Museum:
Me: If you can vote from 0 to 10, how do you vote for a Twin Peaks season 4?
HHM: From what we heard, there was going to be something big with TP
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Briggs93 wrote:Conversation mine with Hollywood Horror Museum:
It's very possible that when Lynch was doing meetings and such for this new project, people on the immediate periphery (maybe even in the offices but not the key meetings themselves) began to misinterpret things and rumors began to circulate that it was about Twin Peaks. It being Twin Peaks would also be wish fulfillment for a lot of people, increasing odds that they'd interpret it as such, and be more ready to believe that it was in fact Twin Peaks. One such hypothetical person could have communicated as much to the HHM, sincerely believing it to be the truth.

HHM seems at least to have been correct that a Lynch project was happening, but they might have simply been mistaken that it had to do with Twin Peaks.

Just speculation on my part. I obviously know nothing about the nature of this project.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jasper wrote:
Briggs93 wrote:Conversation mine with Hollywood Horror Museum:
It's very possible that when Lynch was doing meetings and such for this new project, people on the immediate periphery (maybe even in the offices but not the key meetings themselves) began to misinterpret things and rumors began to circulate that it was about Twin Peaks. It being Twin Peaks would also be wish fulfillment for a lot of people, increasing odds that they'd interpret it as such, and be more ready to believe that it was in fact Twin Peaks. One such hypothetical person could have communicated as much to the HHM, sincerely believing it to be the truth.

HHM seems at least to have been correct that a Lynch project was happening, but they might have simply been mistaken that it had to do with Twin Peaks.

Just speculation on my part. I obviously know nothing about the nature of this project.
This has always been my take as well.