Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Rainwater »

Missed Chet, was really hoping he'd pop up in S3. Someone dealing out false spoilers about Isaak being in certainly didn't help. Would be great to see him(and why not Sam) again if something happens
I'll see you in the trees
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Now I’m trying to imagine scenarios where Chet Desmond and Freddie Sykes could duke it out. That’s a fight I’d pay to see!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Metamorphia wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I would want Ontkean, TMFAP, Desmond and Sam and maybe Donna
Not gonna happen!
I know for sure that’s not gonna happen but hey We live inside a dream
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

mtwentz wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I’m sure if a movie/season 4 comes out , the 4th missing page will play an important part
Never be sure of anything with Lynch and Frost!

But as long as we are speculating, I am assuming Red will play a big part in Season 4.
As much as I want to agree with you, my feeling is we wouldn't even hear Red mentioned if there's a Season 4!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
AgentEcho wrote:That ain't reality folks. Partially its Lynch's own doing because he's fussy about how he works, but if you think David Nevin can get get his bosses to approve any idea Lynch comes to him with and give him total creative freedom and the budget he wants you're not paying attention.
But Lynch himself is the one who has perpetuated this myth that he can’t get films made anymore because no one is funding mid-range budgeted films anymore, and that’s just not true. Plenty of directors like Yorgos Lanthimos, Leos Carax, Alex Garland, as well as guys with name recognition arguably closer to Lynch such as Cronenberg and von Trier, get funding to make comparable films in terms of budget/niche appeal. Lynch has never needed a huge budget to get his ideas across, and often settles for simple solutions.
On the contrary, to what Lynch says this must be a golden age for smaller, indie films. Never before have the costs of entry been so low and have there been so many platforms to get a smaller film out there into the world.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Seems there was confirmation from elsewhere too. Remember, this person was one of the first to know about S3 too. Unless of course a set up to the aforementioned coffee pun..

The people I know who knew stuff before don't know anything as of yet. A North Bend resident has seen or heard nothing, but will let us know if he does.

I'm so exited!
Last edited by Soolsma on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I deleted that tweet as soon as I heard from a second source that info was derived from the first source. Nothing concrete on my end alas.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

beano wrote:jennifer lynch is a founding board member of the hollywood horror museum..

https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... 7296046080
Interesting...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

James/Freddie webseries or gtfo

(I'm only half-kidding, I loved them)
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Aw man. Things are heating up.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

My optimistic guess... they have a tentative agreement (with Showtime or elsewhere) about doing more and they have paid them to write something, and they'll submit it next year. On the 30th anniversary of Twin Peaks (April 2020), they will make the official announcement that more Twin Peaks is coming. Maybe to be filmed late next year and released in 2021 or 2022? Would be yet another dream.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Here we are, everybody. Remember this feeling?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

It's a fantastic feeling.

I can only hope this all leads somewhere as if it all turned out to be trash, I'd be a tad deflated. These rumours have got me dreaming.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

They'll have to get out in front of this soon.

Then again, I'd say 'they wouldn't leave us hanging on confirmation til April,' but Lynch/Frost absolutely would.

The WGTC claim that it would debut in 2020 has to be nonsense, though. They can't have filmed that. That points to them just harvesting the Hollywood Horror scoop.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.