Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote:... it has not been officially debunked has it?
I’m heavily skeptical about it, and it seems extremely unlikely that there could be any substantial amount of “hidden footage” given the hectic (and relatively closely-documented) shooting schedule. But I haven’t seen anything officially disproving it. It’s always tough to prove a negative (i.e., to provide evidence that something doesn’t exist).
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I don't even think those tweets were alluding to a bunch of hidden footage for a potential season 4 a la the rumors, but rather whatever cut footage there might be. Regardless of whether I believe the tweets, all they seem to be saying is that whatever leftover footage there is may be used in future installments, so you can't talk about it just in case. That isn't to say that there's a ton of it, but rather that whatever there is may still be used. That seems perfectly plausible if Lynch/Frost were thinking that they might want to make more.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

NormoftheAndes wrote:... it has not been officially debunked has it?
For what it's worth, on the AMA on Reddit, Sabrina S. Sutherland said -Most of the footage we shot is used in the film.
Whatever most means..
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Weren't there people on here saying that they did a lot more at the Palmer house than they put in the show? I can't remember the specifics.

I do think that there is a lot building now (despite it all individually being crap!). Silence from Sabrina Sutherland is deafening.

A new series from Lynch that wasn't Twin Peaks would be great, but I guess I'd be a little disappointed that it wasn't more Twin Peaks.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I want more Twin Peaks so badly....

Showtime and everyone else must realize the demand is there. When the rumors started swirling last year it showed that Twin Peaks is in demand by the masses. Plus they already did amazing at getting subscribers with season 3.

(HHM better not be full of it)
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Regardless, the "NDA says you can only talk about things that were shown" doesn't pass the smell test either. So every single person who signed one is responsible for watching all 18 hours of the series and remembering every single moment from it? You should probably automatically assume any random internet person who says "I have a friend who/I know someone who told me" is lying to begin with but basic common sense pretty much kills that "rumor."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I just reviewed the NDA I had to sign and there is no mention of talking about what is shown or not shown. Give me a break. These (at least mine) expire this Summer.

I can confirm the props are all still in storage (info from last year).
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jerry Horne wrote:I just reviewed the NDA I had to sign and there is no mention of talking about what is shown or not shown. Give me a break. These (at least mine) expire this Summer.

I can confirm the props are all still in storage (info from last year).
Good to know. What you mention and BGate points out makes sense, but I still find it plausible that some random footage was shot that we haven't seen, and that those involved in it would not be allowed to talk about it. I don't know if that is the case or why specifically that would be the case, but it makes sense to me given the way the entire production was run.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I do believe there are bits that were filmed and didn't make the final cut. Enough for a full "Part"? I doubt it. Most of the location stuff we know about. Maybe in the studio.

I think after the NDA's expire all bets are off. But what crew/cast are going to talk about that? They all seem very loyal. Not like the original show when one of the crew sold Star Newspaper the script to Ep. 8.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

We heard about a lot of stuff in the old spoiler thread, and pretty much all of it made it on screen. It really seems like there isn’t much that was left out. I’m sure there were some cuts for pacing or tone or just stuff that didn’t work, as there are on any production. But it’s hard to believe that anything of any real value ended up on the cutting room floor, given that Lynch didn’t have any runtime constraints whatsoever, and took an extremely languorous approach to the edit. In that one behind the scenes clip, he gets angry when it’s suggested that he might want to get additional coverage so they can cut away from the master take if he decided he wanted to pare it down in editing. He was so confident that he would use the ENTIRE scene without cutting anything that he went off on the assistant who suggested the safer option. I think that sort of defines his approach to this show: he used the whole animal, so to speak, and what we see onscreen is more or less the entirety of what was shot. Of course, there are tidbits like the extra Fireman lines glimpsed in the behind-the-scenes footage, but I really doubt there’s much of substance that would fuel a fourth season.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Cool- thanks for the info.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Jerry Horne wrote:But what crew/cast are going to talk about that? They all seem very loyal.
Maybe the people that leaked during production? I'm sure some of our former forum members would loved to have shared more were they not under constant threat (even being hunted at the end). They're fans themselves and will by now be able to tell the difference between what they witnessed and what made it on to the screen.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The only stuff I know could possibly be true I'm not talking about publicly for at least another several years, and even that was thirdhand story. If we get Season 4, who knows. But to be clear it had nothing to do with the Palmer house.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Hollywood Horror Museum may have hinted to something akin to season 4 but they never said explicitly whatever they're hinting at is going to be. I think people just assumed it could only be a season 4 or movie and ran with that. The only thing they explicitly mentioned is it's more worthwhile than a fan convention. I think it could easily be something "in the middle," like the missing pieces of season 3.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Under an hour until 11:30 on February 24th. Perhaps it’s wishful thinking, but with last year’s hints and Mark Frost retweeting Maclachlan’s recent Twin Peaks post... well if there was ever a good time for an announcement then here we are.

EDIT: Just realised I was looking at the Washington DC time, not the WA state time! Just 3 hours to wait then I guess. :wink:
Last edited by enumbs on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.