Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Oh ok, didn't see that part. Is it possible she was told they were going to add that storyline/go in that direction and the writers later changed their mind? This could be a different situation in that a project is preparing to shoot based on other rumors/evidence. But we'll see. I really don't know - I just think there's mounting stuff, but it could all prove to be smoke and mirrors. The main thing is the copyright registration, the PW listings, some of the rumors, and the screenshot of what looked like a Skype production meeting seems to indicate preparation is afoot.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

I know, so much points to a new project...and i'm fully on board for it being Peaks-related. It's just excruciating!
As far as the GOT thing goes, the character Heady was hinting at was a resurrected vengeful spectre/undead person. The actor who had portrayed her had just been killed the previous season, so everyone was hoping and speculating about her return (as per the books). In hindsight, it seems pretty clear that Lena knew the character wasn't coming back, as they were shooting at the time and scripts for the whole season had been read!
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

ringbearer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:18 pm I know, so much points to a new project...and i'm fully on board for it being Peaks-related. It's just excruciating!
As far as the GOT thing goes, the character Heady was hinting at was a resurrected vengeful spectre/undead person. The actor who had portrayed her had just been killed the previous season, so everyone was hoping and speculating about her return (as per the books). In hindsight, it seems pretty clear that Lena knew the character wasn't coming back, as they were shooting at the time and scripts for the whole season had been read!
Not to get too far afield, but I think there was still hope in the fan community for several years that the writers were just holding off the reveal until “Stoneheart” had more to do in the story (she still has barely appeared, as of where the books stand now). So I don’t think it’s fair to say Heady “knew” the character would never come back. It was wishful/hopeful thinking, like any other fan, that they would get to that storyline eventually (which seemed like a pretty reasonable assumption at the time).
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I think we're all just running on the spot here going over the same old tweets. We really need something new to break. And knowing either way if it's Peaks adjacent or not would be fantastic.

Are there any LA based folks on here that can stake out the set that it booked for filming in early May? Do we even think that is a proper start date? :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

like i said a bunch of pages back, wisteria is associated with wisteria lane, it was on a major network, got millions of viewers, and theres even an instagram desperate houswives fan page that uses wisteria in the page name. I wish I could catch the bug like you guys that kyle hashtagging wisteria means something, but when i mention it to mainstream people who know him from desperate housewives, they're like, yeah, desperate housewives. so i dunno.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

in terms of actors, i think that Balthazar Getty interview is the most conclusive something is afoot.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 pm like i said a bunch of pages back, wisteria is associated with wisteria lane, it was on a major network, got millions of viewers, and theres even an instagram desperate houswives fan page that uses wisteria in the page name. I wish I could catch the bug like you guys that kyle hashtagging wisteria means something, but when i mention it to mainstream people who know him from desperate housewives, they're like, yeah, desperate housewives. so i dunno.
I know you have decided to play the uber-sceptic, but come on. Kyle keeps tabs on the Twin Peaks rumour mill to have heard about the Andrea Hays tweet. And he does teasery Twin Peaks content all the time, for "Desperate Housewives" he will sometimes wish a former cast member a happy birthday, but he doesn't approach the legacy of that show the way he does with Peaks.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 pm like i said a bunch of pages back, wisteria is associated with wisteria lane, it was on a major network, got millions of viewers, and theres even an instagram desperate houswives fan page that uses wisteria in the page name. I wish I could catch the bug like you guys that kyle hashtagging wisteria means something, but when i mention it to mainstream people who know him from desperate housewives, they're like, yeah, desperate housewives. so i dunno.
And we’re going in circles, but as I said, Kyle is clearly aware of the demographic makeup of his followers and what gets them going, and it’s not DH for the most part. He’s almost certainly aware of the Wisteria rumors from people asking him online, if not in person. What are the odds that he would choose this particular moment in time to call back to a not-particularly-well-received role on a show that ended almost ten years ago, COMPLETELY coincidentally just happening to use a word that also has the Lynch sphere (which makes up the biggest part of his online following) abuzz at the precise same period in time? I’m a gambling man, but I would not take the odds that he was just innocently and obliviously referencing DH for nostalgia’s sake.

If you want to make a friendly wager, though, I’d be happy to bet the other way. ;)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Even the mainstream media picked up on the post and there were some articles saying he was stirring rumours/hinting about appearing in "David Lynch's new Netflix series". They never even mentioned Wisteria Lane on DH, which you think they would given it was more mainstream.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Not to get too far afield, but I think there was still hope in the fan community for several years that the writers were just holding off the reveal until “Stoneheart” had more to do in the story (she still has barely appeared, as of where the books stand now). So I don’t think it’s fair to say Heady “knew” the character would never come back. It was wishful/hopeful thinking, like any other fan, that they would get to that storyline eventually (which seemed like a pretty reasonable assumption at the time).
Yes, quite right. When i said that Lena knew the character wasn't coming back, i meant for the new season as she had tweeted it from the set they were shooting at. I also saw it as 'poking' the series writers and network... as they had lost a key cast member and knew that it didn't have to be the end for them.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Dougie Cooper wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am
I can't remember if IE used a red recording light or not.
Speaking of red things in IE, I noticed that the red cup tossed from the small shack in IE was duplicated in TPTR when a red cup came flying out of Becky/Stephens trailer. Whatever that means.
Funny, that was one of the first spoilers we got for S3. The fact we would see a cup flying out a window.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

They never even mentioned Wisteria Lane on DH, which you think they would given it was more mainstream.
Yeah, I think there's more of a chance Kyle will reprise his role as Ray Manzarek than DH :lol:
Stranger things have happened though...
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i dunno if i'm an uber skeptic.

a) the copyrights on the 13 scripts is legit and verifiable.
b) Balthazar Getty saying he spoke to Lynch about a new project in 2020 is legit.
Getty doesnt appear in small projects like What Did Jack Do or Rabbits either.
c) the Glazer post could be something.
Last edited by JackwithOneEye on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm
Dougie Cooper wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am
I can't remember if IE used a red recording light or not.
Speaking of red things in IE, I noticed that the red cup tossed from the small shack in IE was duplicated in TPTR when a red cup came flying out of Becky/Stephens trailer. Whatever that means.
Funny, that was one of the first spoilers we got for S3. The fact we would see a cup flying out a window.
Mark Frost mentioned it, and then IIRC, Woodsman from this board spotted it being filmed and used it as his avatar.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Also, is it confirmed that Kyle will NOT be in the Sex and the City return? I'll admit I know nothing about the show nor do I care to, but with the connections to that show the Wisteria Hysteria could be barking up the wrong purple flowered tree.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .