Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mordeen wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:03 pm Also, is it confirmed that Kyle will NOT be in the Sex and the City return? I'll admit I know nothing about the show nor do I care to, but with the connections to that show the Wisteria Hysteria could be barking up the wrong purple flowered tree.

- Mordeen
Wisteria Lane is from Desperate Housewives. I’m not aware of any wisteria references on Sex and the City?

In any event, my understanding is that Kyle was on S&tC for a couple of seasons as a love interest to one of the lead characters, but they broke up and he was not in the last couple seasons. It seems like the franchise has moved way past his character. He’s also said he disliked the role. Doubt he’s returning.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

My bad.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Sex and The City is made/based in NYC tho and that's where Kyle's wife/kid live, and where he mostly lives. possible they would write him in some sort of role based on pandemic, less air traffic and 2 week Quarantine type stuff....

If you watch the recent season of Walking Dead, it looks like they actively sought out social distance short cuts, using Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife as his acting partner in two hander seasons and such.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:09 pm Sex and The City is made/based in NYC tho and that's where Kyle's wife/kid live, and where he mostly lives. possible they would write him in some sort of role based on pandemic, less air traffic and 2 week Quarantine type stuff....

If you watch the recent season of Walking Dead, it looks like they actively sought out social distance short cuts, using Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife as his acting partner in two hander seasons and such.
Still no wisteria connection there, though. Mordeen was mixing up the shows.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

there plants and little gardens around some of the west village brownstones, but no wisteria ... I don't think....
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

It's possible but I am not keeping my hopes up, instead I am excited for a new Lynch series, primarily. If it's new TP, it'll be the icing on the cake. But new Lynch in general is something I crave a lot.
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think Kyle was asked in a recent interview about Sex and the City and said there were no plans to bring back his character. So many shows are being rebooted now, I wouldn't be surprised if that or another show he was in on does invite him back, though as we've established that's not what his post is about - although the "prepping for something big" one could be about a big role in another returning franchise or movie, as pointed out before.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

There is a difference between saying that Andrea Hays would be in a position to know (as you point out, she is unlikely to be the first person signed for the production TP or not), and saying that Kyle is likely to hear if there is a big Twin Peaks rumour of the week floating around - in this case Hays Wisteria post. It doesn't mean either have solid information. What some of us are saying is that Kyle is reacting to and adding fuel to rumours, and not posting random flower photos or DH nostalgia.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I agree - he almost definitely knows he's adding fuel to the rumours, was just trying to cover all interpretations.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

John Barrowman posted Dr Who stuff for a decade to indicate he interested, I guess it paid off eventually with a scene
in a Jodie Whitaker episode.

The actress who played Heidi could just be indicating she interested. She googled wisteria, posted about it.

I dont really get what is more compelling than that that's worth discussing 5 billion times over and over.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I 100 % agree with Jonah that Kyle knows the #wisteria can be interpreted as David Lynch rumor or Desperate Housewives, and message boards arguing over what it is referring to, this is something he thought of when he posted. He knows it can be taken either way, and he likes puns and corny dad jokes,

I went to one of his wine events, and he had an assistant doing social media stuff, and there was thought and conversation that went into the posts.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Yeah, I went a little far. I say stupid things sometimes. I am sorry. I apologize.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:45 am I 100 % agree with Jonah that Kyle knows the #wisteria can be interpreted as David Lynch rumor or Desperate Housewives, and message boards arguing over what it is referring to, this is something he thought of when he posted.
That's not quite what I was saying - I think he knows it will stir up the TP rumours, I don't think he thinks it will stir up DH ones but I suppose it's conceivable he might think it's safe to hint at TP if fans guess DH, but the thought of DH probably never even occurred to him. I never heard DH fans mention wisteria as short for Wisteria Lane.
Last edited by Jonah on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Here is a Desperate Housewives fan page on instagram - it's called @WisteriaWomen, it has 7,000 followers.

https://www.instagram.com/wisteriawomen/
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hmmm, well okay, but I still don't think Kyle was thinking about DH or would be hinting about it especially as there's no serious rumours/talks about renewing that show at the moment, but there is rumours about a new Lynch show that may or may not be TP related. But again I think we're going in circles about this point.