Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jacob wrote:Lynch said it was a continuing story, so the owls are not what they seems.
Lynch has used the term “continuing story” going back to the 1990s to mean “serialized narrative.” It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s continuing from something that was pre-existing, just that it will be an on-going episodic story as opposed to a standalone movie.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

madeleineferguson wrote:Brenda Strong, right?
I believe so yes.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jacob wrote:Lynch said it was a continuing story, so the owls are not what they seems.
Lynch has used the term “continuing story” going back to the 1990s to mean “serialized narrative.” It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s continuing from something that was pre-existing, just that it will be an on-going episodic story as opposed to a standalone movie.
The Hollywood Museum was right all along and we all know it ! :mrgreen:

Wisteria is the new fake title like Rancho Rosa sometimes was during the shooting, and if the two are so similar it's because Twin Peaks is behind them 8)

Anyway I don't care if it's not TP. As long Lynch is free and doing what he wants I'm happy :D
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

Just a rumor, but if the show is really supposed to be 25 hours long or so (someone said that on reddit 9 months ago, and he/she was right about the title Wisteria), then I'm sure Lynch have a co-writer on this.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Jerry Horne wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:Brenda Strong, right?
I believe so yes.
Thank you, Alex. I’ll take ABC Soap Operas for $800.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I'm glad people are finally posting!

I don't want to be such a downer, but I don't think that there's any chance that this project is Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks jumping to Netflix is highly unlikely. It really makes no sense.

Then there was this from Lynch himself:
Vulture - June 25, 2018
http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/david-ly ... ation.html

"I would want to do another series but it’d involve finding the time. So we’ll see."
"Series" in the United States is unambiguously different from "season." Twin Peaks would be considered a series, so another series means a different show altogether.

Also, from this very thread, Tue Aug 04, 2020, (emphasis added):
Brad D wrote:I am privy to knowledge that *something* Is very close to being a deal and/or announced. Covid isn’t helping but it’s been in the works a while. I have my fingers crossed, and think y’all would be excited. This something is obvy not TP.
Kyle not long ago gave another "I don't think so" style response about more Twin Peaks, as opposed to the more common, "Never say never!" mantra. (I don't have a link to that one, but maybe someone else does.)
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Wasn't there an article where Laura Dern mentioned that David wanted her to shave her head for his next role for her? That has to be related to this.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Wasn't there an article where Laura Dern mentioned that David wanted her to shave her head for his next role for her? That has to be related to this.
There was, but I can't remember if that was before or after the Return.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

One of the main reasons for an actress not to want to shave her head would probably be not wanting to look weird in public, at parties, and at industry events. With this COVID crap going on there isn’t much in the way of parties and industry events, and most people won’t recognize someone with a mask on. Maybe now Laura Dern will be open to shaving her head.

As far as the Twin Peaks stuff, the only way that I can see the various claims being harmonized is with Lynch making a radical Twin Peaks spinoff that doesn’t feature the town of Twin Peaks. In that case it could be Laura/Carrie, Dale/Richard and Diane/Linda in an alternative universe (or universes) of fractured identity, but I still very much doubt that this is a Twin Peaks project, though I’d be perfectly happy to be wrong about that.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

One thing I doubt about HHM is that they specifically said it’s about the future of Twin Peaks... let me ask them about this.
Best news I’ve heard this year either way!!!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:One thing I doubt about HHM is that they specifically said it’s about the future of Twin Peaks... let me ask them about this.
Best news I’ve heard this year either way!!!!
Fingers crossed!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Desperate Housewives creators were Twin Peaks fans...

Could it be co-produced with them?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
RichardTyler

Post by RichardTyler »

Mark Frost retweeted Dr. Jacoby's actor an hour or so ago

https://twitter.com/RussTamblyn/status/ ... 6054414338

Last time I kept up with Mark Frost's twitter he didn't mention Twin Peaks too often, but he's tweeted about it a decent amount lately.

Could be reading into things, lol.

Edit: yep was definitely some wishful thinking, mark frost threw cold water on that pretty much immediately
Last edited by RichardTyler on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »