Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by krishnanspace »

So it’s still not Twin Peaks? Was a season 4 ever considered though?
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Well, I am actually reading this like it could be Twin Peaks, just not on Showtime.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Stavrogyn wrote:Well, I am actually reading this like it could be Twin Peaks, just not on Showtime.
Right. Not that I necessarily think it IS TP, but it certainly COULD be based off that source.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Who knows. Time has passed. Things change. Covid etc. MD was once going to be a TV series.

Unless Lynch was bullshitting, his comment about doing a continuing series if weren't for Covid is about the best info we have.

Whatever it is or was, Frost said he is not involved.

Grains of salt all around.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’m remaining optimistic that something is (or was) planned to happen in May. The fact that Lynch got vaccinated is a step in the right direction. As to whether it’s Peaks, my gut feeling is no, but we shall see...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hopefully we'll have news sooner or later. Especially now that Lynch has been vaccinated and will feel more comfortable going out. Who knows, maybe the May start date has been pushed back.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Still clueless whether I should be rooting for more Twin Peaks or not. I mean, I'd sure be happy seeing TP again, but on the other hand I'd be disappointed we might be missing out on a new Lynchian dimension, and vice versa.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Soolsma wrote:Still clueless whether I should be rooting for more Twin Peaks or not. I mean, I'd sure be happy seeing TP again, but on the other hand I'd be disappointed we might be missing out on a new Lynchian dimension, and vice versa.
New Twin Peaks might just be a new Lynchian dimension, just like The Return was, and this is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Like Mr. Reindeer said above, I'm also remaining optimistic, but my gut feeling is telling me that this IS Twin Peaks, preferably written and directed by David Lynch all by himself, for Netflix, with a huge budget and complete creative freedom. Now let's see what happens!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

The Return did teach me a thing or two about managing expectations, especially when it comes to Lynch. Ha! I loved it nonetheless.

So ''It's not Showtime'' and ''That ship sailed a long time ago'' makes me think this might be the aforementioned ''disturbances''? Something about straws and grasping here..

Another thought: it doesn't at all seem unlikely to me, that since Black Mirror is pretty much dead, Netflix will want to invest in some truly innovative content.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

"its not Showtime, that ship sailed a long time ago"

Sounds a lot like Twin Peaks related to me. If the "new project" isn't Twin Peaks I wouldn't think Showtime right away or the sailing of ships. I only tie Showtime with TP not with all Lynch projects.

I'm reaching a bit but......... if a ship were to sail from Showtime the only ship would be Twin Peaks right? If it were just a new project for another company the Twin Peaks ship would still be in harbour.

EDIT: Despite everything I just wrote, I do concede it could also be that Lynch is the ship sailing from showtime with his non Twin Peaks project.

I don't know what it is but I do think that something is a foot or was being planned. It sure would be nice to know more.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

"It's not Showtime" and "That ship has sailed" from two different people. The former pre-Covid from industry insider and the latter a semi-insider probably educated guess.

With shows filming again and S3 four years in the rear view mirror, not to mention the cast deaths, every month that goes by seems to put another nail into the TP coffin.

And yet...?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jerry Horne wrote:With shows filming again and S3 four years in the rear view mirror, not to mention the cast deaths, every month that goes by seems to put another nail into the TP coffin.
Yeah, but, while David Lynch, Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee are still here, and Lynch has an idea for a continuation, that's all it would take to make a new season, right? Especially considering how The Return ended.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

If Twin Peaks were to continue I guess it would be just a small number characters. Kinda of like Fire Walk With Me. In an alternate universe I would be loved to see the original season 3 and beyond in the 90s, the rumoured FWWM sequels and the original 9 hour Return was supposed to be different than what we had gotten. In Rick and Morty they have a device which enables them to watch tv from alternate universes. Lol.

If there is an Twin Peaks continuation, I would want Desmond to be there. I follow Chris Isaak on Instagram and dude does not look like he is 65. Aged gracefully
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Yeah I saw the end of S3 as a clean slate - Kyle and Sheryl Lee are essential, but it could be anything from then on.

The Conversations with Mark Frost book really made me think they won't be working together again, and there is form for doing TP without Frost. But I still expect it to be something else.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote:The Return did teach me a thing or two about managing expectations...
This was a hot topic in spoiler-related PMs back in 2015, you may recall.

Good times. . .sorta.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .