Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by vicksvapor77 »

N. Needleman wrote:Dimmy, why you do this to me?? :( :( :(
Let us pray!

Janus Films also liked this tweet: https://twitter.com/nelliekillian/statu ... 5792857088
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I don’t want to buy Twin Peaks again.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Looks like there was another Lynch and Twin Peaks related tweet on the 19th also from Janus. Interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/janusfilms/s ... 6857914368
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

LateReg wrote:Looks like there was another Lynch and Twin Peaks related tweet on the 19th also from Janus. Interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/janusfilms/s ... 6857914368
Interesting indeed. Do we think for the 30th anniversary, it could be a complete series set of all of the television show episodes together? I guess I don't see the point of that since CBS just released that in December.

I would have to imagine this is probably going to be a season 3 only release but I could be wrong. Maybe they will do something interesting or different with it and remove the end credits and have each disc flow like an actual film? Obviously they can't put all of it on one disc. Flash drive included of it all as one cut? Criterion Collection more often than not includes deleted scenes too so I can't imagine they'd have any reason to withhold them at this point and that could serve as a primary tactic to get fans to repurchase the the season yet again.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Wasn't one of the rumors that The Return would be coming to the big screen? Maybe even in a recut form? I never put stock in that but just for the sake of thinking about a Criterion release and Janus's involvement, it is plausible that some sort of theatrical release followed by Criterion release is in the works.

If there is no recut, then there would have to be deleted scenes or something. Criterion couldn't just pick this up after it's already been released three times without some new incentive.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

LateReg wrote:Wasn't one of the rumors that The Return would be coming to the big screen? Maybe even in a recut form? I never put stock in that but just for the sake of thinking about a Criterion release and Janus's involvement, it is plausible that some sort of theatrical release followed by Criterion release is in the works.

If there is no recut, then there would have to be deleted scenes or something. Criterion couldn't just pick this up after it's already been released three times without some new incentive.
That does sound vaguely familiar yes, recut with new footage or something. I doubt they'd do an entire set of the season 3 as is PLUS an entire season recut though. But would Lynch allow a totally recut version of the season to be released and have it exist in the same universe as the original season 3 cut? I'm not sure that's his thing, either.

I will say, the Criterion Fire Walk With Me release was really unnecessary. It did have some new interviews but outside of that, was pretty barebones with the Missing Pieces taking up the majority of the special features disc space. I still can't see them adding some interviews or something this time and thinking fans would actually buy it all again for that.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I very well remember HHM teasing about a season 4. I’m very sure of it
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

So how much time was there between casting and filming for TPTR? :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Janus tweets stuff all the time that isn't related to new pending releases. I wouldn't read into it.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Please, Bob... Not another boxset release that just rehashes the old stuff. I have enough existing TP releases to last me a couple of lifetimes.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote:Please, Bob... Not another boxset release that just rehashes the old stuff. I have enough existing TP releases to last me a couple of lifetimes.
But this would be the ULTIMATE Super Mega Platinum release LOL
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Yeah, for chrissakes, please not another home media release. I'm not even through the extra stuff from Z to A (I'm at part 12, Chrysta Bell trapdooring from up the floor super funny btw) and if I buy another one, my husband will go BOB on me.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

krishnanspace wrote:Image
online store pics

please don't post this obviously made up junk. the whole "they filmed a bunch of extra stuff for a potential S4" thing has been debunked so many times now.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

... it has not been officially debunked has it?
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.