Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by eyeboogers »

Briggs93 wrote:I try but link dont work, is a imgur link
This link:
https://imgur.com/a/py5ZzmN
Thanks this works, after the two recent comments by Deming in this thread I am starting to believe that he knows even less than we do.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Yes I have the same feeling!

This December 21st thing that people are jumping on is nothing more than wishful thinking in my view. I'd loved to be proved wrong though!

I'm looking forward to looking back on all this speculation once we know more and seeing what was completely obvious and what wasn't :-D
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

This link:
I think he's just being polite...
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

eyeboogers wrote:
This link:
Thanks this works, after the two recent comments by Deming in this thread I am starting to believe that he knows even less than we do.
He's even wrong that December 21 "always is" the winter solstice. That's the most common date, but just last year it was December 22.

:lol:
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Well, December 22nd it is then! Note how two two's also add up to a four! (Which is by the way only a mere 6 away from the number of completion) Season 4 confirmed.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Well, December 22nd it is then! Note how two two's also add up to a four! (Which is by the way only a mere 6 away from the number of completion) Season 4 confirmed.
Excellent! Now, let's dream...

Unrecorded Night is the night we saw RichardCoop take CarrieLaura to Twin Peaks. RichardCoop is like the Philip Jeffries of this reality, and is mysteriously gone after asking what year it is. CarrieLaura is stranded there and goes to the sheriff station for help. Disoriented, she tries to explain how she got there, and in turn it is discovered that there is no cctv evidence of Texas plates or matching vehicles entering town that night. Bobby, who makes no connection to her being clearly like Laura, contacts Odessa P.D., where we see the agents Carrie had previously been dealing with/expecting. They are played by Chris Issak and Kiefer Sutherland, but they aren't Chet and Sam (poor chet...). The copyrighted dream poem will be this realms Fire Walk incantation, hopefully set to music. Cole will remember the unofficial version of events.
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

ringbearer wrote:
Excellent! Now, let's dream...

Unrecorded Night is the night we saw RichardCoop take CarrieLaura to Twin Peaks. RichardCoop is like the Philip Jeffries of this reality, and is mysteriously gone after asking what year it is. CarrieLaura is stranded there and goes to the sheriff station for help. Disoriented, she tries to explain how she got there, and in turn it is discovered that there is no cctv evidence of Texas plates or matching vehicles entering town that night. Bobby, who makes no connection to her being clearly like Laura, contacts Odessa P.D., where we see the agents Carrie had previously been dealing with/expecting. They are played by Chris Issak and Kiefer Sutherland, but they aren't Chet and Sam (poor chet...). The copyrighted dream poem will be this realms Fire Walk incantation, hopefully set to music. Cole will remember the unofficial version of events.
That's...awesome. Gets me excited for sure!
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Soolsma wrote:Well, December 22nd it is then! Note how two two's also add up to a four! (Which is by the way only a mere 6 away from the number of completion) Season 4 confirmed.
12/21/2020

1+2+2+1+2+0+2+0 = 10
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

Hester Prynne wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Well, December 22nd it is then! Note how two two's also add up to a four! (Which is by the way only a mere 6 away from the number of completion) Season 4 confirmed.
12/21/2020

1+2+2+1+2+0+2+0 = 10
:shock: :D
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Story-wise, I really don't see why Lynch wouldn't be tempted to make a new season. There are so many opportunities. Give me a day and I would think of something, so how couldn't he?

In the vein of what ringbearer wrote, we could see Carrie - and I would keep Richard there - in this new Twin Peaks, with many familiar faces returning, but no one knows who Carrie / Laura and Richard / Dale are, because everyone is playing a tad different characters. I would also bring Michael Ontkean back, in a leading role, who, in this realm, was never ill (I don't care, Netflix should just pay him as much as Disney paid Harrison Ford for that new trilogy, the title of which I don't even want to mention). From there, it could continue in so many strange and mysterious directions.

For me, the only problem would be this: is it even possible to make a better season than season 3? Regarding its tone, pacing, direction, and style in general?

In Lynch we trust.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Hell yeah, it could (possibly) be done better. I want a deepfaked Frank Silva. BOB is the scariest villain of all time and I want him back damnit :'). Look what one guy on a laptop was able to do in 10 days as opposed to ILM's big budget SFX: https://youtu.be/dHSTWepkp_M
Stavrogyn wrote:tone
More music please.

I don't have Twitter or anything but did anyone bother to ask Kyle?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:Hell yeah, it could (possibly) be done better. I want a deepfaked Frank Silva. BOB is the scariest villain of all time and I want him back damnit :'). Look what one guy on a laptop was able to do in 10 days as opposed to ILM's big budget SFX: https://youtu.be/dHSTWepkp_M
Stavrogyn wrote:tone
More music please.

I don't have Twitter or anything but did anyone bother to ask Kyle?
Deepfake won’t even cost much too! Ctrl Alt Face makes some amazing deep fakes on YouTube. Was rewatching FWWM the other day and I noticed during the Haps Diner scene , someone mentions that some FBI agents had previously been there during the 50s. Always wondered who they were.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

JackwithOneEye wrote:It would be fantastic if Lynch gave more roles of depth and prominence to people of color in whatever he is doing next. It doesnt have to be all out PC, but Jade the prostitute, the comic relief cop in the Las Vegas scenes is a little minstrel-y, the homeless woman in Inland Empire, and so on, there's def. room for improvement.
Please.... :?

It seems so innocent. Let's include more people of colour. Let's not make the prostitute a black woman. Let's write empowering roles for females.

But this is such a slippery slope. Before you know it, artistic choices are based upon irrelevant factors. Arya Stark who must kill the Knight King because it is feminist and badass and woke (although it doesn't make any sense, and it is clear that Jon is the person with a personal history with this villain). The actress playing Jade being perfect to play Jade, but not chosen for that role because it stigmatizes black women. (Sidenote: disproportiantely many prostitutes ARE ethnic minorities)

"It doesn't have to be all out PC". Glad to hear you say this, but it still IS all out PC what you are saying. So no, this is not fantastic. I was always glad that Lynch was one of the few artists who had the guts to make beautiful arts without worrying about this utter BS that is so characteristic of nowadays Hollywood.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

this ^^
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

I can get very emotional about this.

To think that Lynch really starts believing that he has to "improve" and correct the mistakes from Jade/Asian prostitute from IE, and that he deliberately includes a role for a minority that is also empowering and not stereotypical...... the thought is so heartbreaking and saddening.

How can true art exists if the climate is so 'play it safe' and people are so scared not to be approved by society? Honestly, I would even prefer Lynch being slightly racist (which is of course complete nonsense) than him becoming a fellow-traveller of this diversity-trend that's spreading all over the world. It would make him just a bit more interesting and less predictable.