Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 am
Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:24 am I can't remember which dugpa user had access to the AwardsWatch forum but I'm curious if there's been any follow-up/reaction there from Ruimy or any "insider" types.
I think it was LateReg? Maybe Hopper too - there's been so many posts, hard to keep track.
There hasn't been any reaction from Ruimy at all. Nothing. In fact, he chooses not to respond to anything Lynch-related. It's pretty much crickets there as far as insiders go. Some have speculated about the lack of a Q&A, and that questions pertaining to Lynch would obviously have been asked. It was noted that Kaleem had tweeted "And seems from what Lynch said yesterday that this was misinformed." To me, that's a very odd statement to make. "Seems" and "from what Lynch said"? The guy is a programmer, he definitely knew and trusted his source, I'm sure he could get or has better info than what he's spilling. It's my belief that there is still something very much amiss here. Not sure what, why, or how, but something's up with the silence and "misinformation" here.

And to those wondering, there are late films added all the time. Often by major names. Tarantino's last film is a prime example.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

LOL - this tweet is brilliant ("Make sure and follow @Variety for the latest and most accurate entertainment news." https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchve/sta ... 2695644166) (I also liked the earlier Cannes one referencing On the Air.)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

LateReg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:49 am
Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 am
Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:24 am I can't remember which dugpa user had access to the AwardsWatch forum but I'm curious if there's been any follow-up/reaction there from Ruimy or any "insider" types.
I think it was LateReg? Maybe Hopper too - there's been so many posts, hard to keep track.
There hasn't been any reaction from Ruimy at all. Nothing. In fact, he chooses not to respond to anything Lynch-related. It's pretty much crickets there as far as insiders go. Some have speculated about the lack of a Q&A, and that questions pertaining to Lynch would obviously have been asked. It was noted that Kaleem had tweeted "And seems from what Lynch said yesterday that this was misinformed." To me, that's a very odd statement to make. "Seems" and "from what Lynch said"? The guy is a programmer, he definitely knew and trusted his source, I'm sure he could get or has better info than what he's spilling. It's my belief that there is still something very much amiss here. Not sure what, why, or how, but something's up with the silence and "misinformation" here.

And to those wondering, there are late films added all the time. Often by major names. Tarantino's last film is a prime example.
Thank you for this information. It's very interesting.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Random, not very important thought: Criterion announces their upcoming releases on the 15th of every month, so tomorrow. It could be possible that whatever type of announcement there is (especially if it's IE or LH restoration related, as part of Cannes Classic) might be released in conjunction with an announcement of a new 4K Blu-Ray from Criterion?
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:15 am Random, not very important thought: Criterion announces their upcoming releases on the 15th of every month, so tomorrow. It could be possible that whatever type of announcement there is (especially if it's IE or LH restoration related, as part of Cannes Classic) might be released in conjunction with an announcement of a new 4K Blu-Ray from Criterion?
As a Criterion collector...I doubt it. Usually the restorations make the rounds first before any kind of announcement. But one never knows.
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

the song Lynch talked about today in his weather report was “my prayer” for anyone clinging on to hope.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

dreamshake wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:00 am the song Lynch talked about today in his weather report was “my prayer” for anyone clinging on to hope.
He talks about that song A LOT.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Link to my latest chat with Kaleem.

https://twitter.com/sneakymcdave/status ... YVECQ&s=19

Saying he would still trust his source due to their hit rate and that there is no smoke without fire.

Hmm.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:54 pm Link to my latest chat with Kaleem.

https://twitter.com/sneakymcdave/status ... YVECQ&s=19

Saying he would still trust his source due to their hit rate and that there is no smoke without fire.

Hmm.
I mean, to be clear here, I wouldn't bet my life on the validity of any of this. But if you said right now, let's place some small-ish bets on this, I'd gladly put down 100 bucks that says something is going on. I would not bet against it, even if that's the safer bet. For one thing, it wouldn't be much fun to do so, and for another, I honestly believe that this rumor originated from something legit, and that the silence at this point is too interesting.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Not doubting this but remember that there will be some saving face going on too.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:15 pm Not doubting this but remember that there will be some saving face going on too.
True, true.

I need to let this go. :)
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Variety just now.
Attachments
82FF8B22-A10C-4A73-B8E6-EF309DABBAA0.jpeg
82FF8B22-A10C-4A73-B8E6-EF309DABBAA0.jpeg (293.45 KiB) Viewed 253773 times
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Bahahahahahaha.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:22 pm Variety just now.
Oh COME ON!!!!
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I think this is what it feels like to be Sarah Palmer
"Jade give two rides."