Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Hopper »

I asked myself the same thing, Jonah. And, well, I guess that's the reason why she uses the emoji: because it can be read in both ways. An elegant way to say it all ("It's coming" and "I messed up") without saying nothing.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

It’s at 12.35 now. I think they deleted a bunch of dead air at the start of the video.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Interesting. Not sure what to make of it or the reporter doubling down (of course she just could be wrong or just not taking it seriously - "it was only a rumour after all, I never said it was definite" kind of attitude).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Wow I didn’t even notice that while watching.

He definitely crosses something out that shouldn’t be announced during the special selection entries. I wonder if they’re just gonna show it with no announcement or introduction.
"Jade give two rides."
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Wish someone would just ask DL if he has any kind of film in the works (not exclusive to Cannes) and see how his response differs.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

The lack of Q&A jumped out at me, because I've seen Fremaux respond to questions about rumoured titles that didn't materialize before, so I was keen to hear what he'd say about Lynch.
It is very possible he was preempting that and chose to skip it to avoid being put on the spot and forced to lie.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Even though the board is closing tomorrow, I'm still on mod duty lol. The posts on Cronenberg's new movie have now been moved to their own thread in Hap's Diner.

Link here:
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4369

They kind of fit here too as we were discussing Cannes but people may want to keep this thread mostly about Lynch speculation for the next couple of days given its the last chance to do so, at least here. Also, for archival purposes, the posts work in a new thread better for accessing in the future. Enjoy.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

I was past the bargaining stage this time yesterday. Why did the fellow from Cannes outright state, sheepishly, that there was something listed he couldn't announce?

As an aside, as a lurker, I'd just like to thank you all prior to the shutdown for creating so many interesting topics of discussion over the years.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Couple thoughts post Cannes announcement:
-It appears there's only 18 films listed in competition this year so far, last year there was 24, I believe and generally there's more films in the line-up so there's definitely more coming
-That said, I'm still not very optimistic one of them is a new wholly original Lynch film at this point. There's still whatever project Lynch has referenced as being made by someone else, so I'm guessing that's one of them. Perhaps it's still The Fablemans.
-I don't believe any Cannes Classics have been announced at all so still wouldn't be surprised if IE or Lost Highway 4K remaster are included and that might be the source of the initial confusion/rumor
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I can't remember which dugpa user had access to the AwardsWatch forum but I'm curious if there's been any follow-up/reaction there from Ruimy or any "insider" types.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:24 am I can't remember which dugpa user had access to the AwardsWatch forum but I'm curious if there's been any follow-up/reaction there from Ruimy or any "insider" types.
I think it was LateReg? Maybe Hopper too - there's been so many posts, hard to keep track.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:20 am Couple thoughts post Cannes announcement:
-It appears there's only 18 films listed in competition this year so far, last year there was 24, I believe and generally there's more films in the line-up so there's definitely more coming
-That said, I'm still not very optimistic one of them is a new wholly original Lynch film at this point. There's still whatever project Lynch has referenced as being made by someone else, so I'm guessing that's one of them. Perhaps it's still The Fablemans.
-I don't believe any Cannes Classics have been announced at all so still wouldn't be surprised if IE or Lost Highway 4K remaster are included and that might be the source of the initial confusion/rumor
This all sounds reasonable to me in a nicely put together list.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Aw shucks, all rumors got shot down pretty much. Well, here's to hope at some point DL will film/release something now that the world is slowly but steadily conquering the pandemic. And it would maybe be good if David Lynch's ice bucket challenge nominee follows up, imagine that whole business would hinder any future projects :lol:

At some point my conspiracy mind went as far thinking the closing of the forum and the rumors being related. That (one of) the mods was in the know of actual DL news and they were already pretty much done with the forum and didn't want to deal with the upcoming activity. Little too much tea leaves, hah.

The only thing that irks me a bit is that -paraphrasing from memory- ''Speak freely, it's known in LA DL has been secretly filming'' quote. Although that may have been to get the other source to talk.

What irks me even more though is this will be (one of my) last post(s) on this forum :'( Goodbye friends!!!!! Hope to see y'all again, someplace, sometime.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Rainwater »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:39 pm Mark Frost retweeted this lol.
https://twitter.com/WillowPillSzn/statu ... 4841977862
enumbs wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:46 pm If tomorrow is a bust than that’ll be an excellent metaphor.
That should be on the poster for this year's Cannes.
I'll see you in the trees
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Jonah »

Rainwater wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 am
Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:39 pm Mark Frost retweeted this lol.
https://twitter.com/WillowPillSzn/statu ... 4841977862
enumbs wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:46 pm If tomorrow is a bust than that’ll be an excellent metaphor.
That should be on the poster for this year's Cannes.
Slightly tinfoil hat but I wonder if Frost shared it as some kind of reference to the Twin Peaks rumours - dousing cold water on them. Probably not, he likely just shared it as it was a cute owl soaking wet, but there was that like of the Peyton tweet too. In this case, however, a cigar is like just a cigar and a wet owl is likely just a wet owl. :lol: (Spend long enough in this thread and you start reading something into everything! :) )

(I originally posted that in the Random Twin Peaks thread but given the responses to it and the time period it was posted - during all the latest Cannes rumours - I'm moving these posts here, with added quotes to Rainwater's post for context, though I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.)