Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I wouldn't count on any late addition. Cannes prints really beautiful glossy catalogues and brochures that have to go to printing presses, people start trying to get tickets. Feature films aren't cheap. Even Inland Empire had backers. That whole machine want hype and publicity and some sort of return on years of hard work and investment, having secret projects that aren't included in catalogues and press releases is such a death knell for marketing.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

I also don’t understand why Cannes would decline to comment when asked about the Lynch project. Weird stuff all around.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Interesting exchange on Twitter. The guy who started the rumours may not even be sure there is a new Lynch film (not just at Cannes but at all).
https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 7349708804
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

It would have been great if, after all these years and all these posts, we'd gotten a happy ending with jubilant news to transfer over to the new forum - but, alas, and perhaps more fittingly, this thread will go out as it has always been - lots of rumours, disappointment, but still fun speculation. It feels apt and more like a Lynchian ending, still leaving room for the possibility of more.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Not terribly disappointed as Lynch pretty much made this clear but still a bummer. In any case, I still have faith that there is a project in the works (whatever it may be) and that it will come to fruition in the near future. The whole HHM thing was total nonsense, which I always suspected. If a TP movie was really supposed to come out mid-2020, it would have been shot in 2018/2019 and we would've known about it. You're telling me the detectives on this board wouldn't have figured it out?!? Come on, now, the entire Blue Rose task force has nothing on my fellow Dugpa members! :lol:

Thank you to Dugpa once again for all the great years. See you all at the curtain call (i.e., Tulpa) where we'll continue this thread for 600 more pages. At least. Cheers, everyone!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

underthefan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:46 am See you all at the curtain call (i.e., Tulpa)
Ha, I love this.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:25 am I wouldn't count on any late addition. Cannes prints really beautiful glossy catalogues and brochures that have to go to printing presses, people start trying to get tickets. Feature films aren't cheap. Even Inland Empire had backers. That whole machine want hype and publicity and some sort of return on years of hard work and investment, having secret projects that aren't included in catalogues and press releases is such a death knell for marketing.
There are late additions coming, Fremaux confirmed it at the press conference.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:25 pm
Dalai Cooper wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:13 pm
I’ve been waiting for a chance to joke about the nom de plume being “Judas Booth” (the only alias I’m aware of Lynch ever actually using, aside from Alan Smithee). Thanks for the opportunity. :mrgreen:
Music by 'Tractor' on the grandmother. I think that was a made-up thing, mostly for Alan Splet, though maybe Lynch did some of the music.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

I know I said my farewell but I just have to chime in with a couple more thoughts. The part at 22.17 where Thierry smiles and draws a circle around the films he “shouldn’t announce” is encouraging, as is the fact that he doesn’t list any other film which Lynch might know or care about. Could there be an announcement at the Music Box retrospective? Or maybe in one of Lynch’s weather reports next week, rather like Inland Empire? On balance, I still think something is happening at Cannes.
Last edited by enumbs on Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Oooh I wasn't watching at that point! :shock:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm not buying into these rumours but someone did say there was no Q & A and there usually is one apparently - and we all know they know about the Lynch rumour. (Unless there was a Q & A later in another room or something.)

I went to that mark in the Youtube video and couldn't find it? Maybe it's in another video? Also, it's in French without the translation lol. Is the clip of him saying he couldn't announce something available (and with English translation over it)?
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Screenshot_2022-04-14-14-01-18-137_com.twitter.android.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-14-14-01-18-137_com.twitter.android.jpg (576.43 KiB) Viewed 91947 times
The Variety journalist who broke the news. Hm.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

enumbs wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:00 am https://youtu.be/ejSKpiu6FOc
Thank you - that has the English translation but I'm not seeing it at that timestamp.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hopper wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:02 am Screenshot_2022-04-14-14-01-18-137_com.twitter.android.jpg

The Variety journalist who broke the news. Hm.
She's really doubling down on it at first glance - or does that emoticon mean it's a joke/they messed up?