Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by baxter »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:25 pm This is like the worst possible version of Christmas Eve as a kid, where I’m mostly expecting to wake up tomorrow and not get what I wanted, but still just hopeful enough to not be able to sleep.
heheh - a great way of putting it, even if it's depressing!
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Cde. »

A 25th anniversary premiere of the new Lost Highway 4K remaster showing up in Cannes Classics I think is a pretty safe bet.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

I also think there's a decent chance Fremaux will address the rumours even if there's no film. He sometimes mentions films that have been reported on but not ultimately part of the selection (e.g. 'we spoke to Malick but he's not ready to present his film').
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Morning all. Woke up to 6 more pages and thought something had happened.

Dugpa never sleeps. Hey, that’s a good forum name. :D

Not long to wait now to put this rumour to bed.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:17 am Morning all. Woke up to 6 more pages and thought something had happened.

Dugpa never sleeps. Hey, that’s a good forum name. :D

Not long to wait now to put this rumour to bed.
:lol: I had the same this morning in Australia. It's a lovely thing to wake up and read 6 pages of Twin Peaks discussion before getting out of bed.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Today is the big day.

If there really is no Lynch project I am going to be immensely saddened.
"Jade give two rides."
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:40 am Today is the big day.

If there really is no Lynch project I am going to be immensely saddened.
Prepare to be writing in your feelings diary later.

:(
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

I encourage everyone to set their expectations to nothing. Get over the heartbreak now.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

It's not like this is the first, third or twentieth time y'all have gotten amped up for nothing.

I'm pretty sure Lynch is either up to something or at least planning to make something, and will premiere it sometime, somewhere in his own way. Doesn't matter to me whether it's today, tomorrow or next year, be it Twin Peaks or something else. I don't take this all so seriously as a permanent end. In the meantime, I'm rewatching Blue Velvet tonight just in case.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Here’s the link to the official Youtube account for the announcement.

https://youtu.be/ZaSsK8UbnYU

It’ll no doubt be the kind of announcement that makes me wish I spoke a little French.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:20 am Here’s the link to the official Youtube account for the announcement.

It’ll no doubt be the kind of announcement that makes me wish I spoke a little French.
Well played.
Here's the English language link: https://youtu.be/ejSKpiu6FOc
Be warned that the live translation can be a bit slow and shaky.
Also be warned that this is likely to start late and drag on, based on Fremaux's track record.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:42 pm
LateReg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:38 pm
Histeria wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:29 pm Aftab hasn't gone quiet. He's responding to all the barbs, digs and memes. In good spirits, it must be said.
He hasn't said anything remotely concrete though, right? That's what I mean by relatively.
From a glance through his twitter feed, he hasn't said much at all in 12 hours or more unless he's also replying somewhere else. I also don't see people giving him much hassle at all, just a couple of questions, but I didn't check all the comments.
They're under "with replies"
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Cde. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:25 am
sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:20 am Here’s the link to the official Youtube account for the announcement.

Well played.
Here's the English language link: https://youtu.be/ejSKpiu6FOc
Be warned that the live translation can be a bit slow and shaky.
Also be warned that this is likely to start late and drag on, based on Fremaux's track record.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Supposedly, Cédric is saying...no Lynch. That's it for me then.