Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Stavrogyn »

What I want: Twin Peaks season 4 pilot
- but anything directed by Lynch would be phenomenal

What I expect: a special INLAND EMPIRE screening which makes everyone think that there is no new Lynch project, until someone realizes that one thing doesn't have to necessarily exclude the other, so we spend another 300 or more pages speculating, this time on Tulpa, until sometime in the next few years a new film finally does come out.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

Only 300 pages? :wink:
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

And yes, new David Cronenberg will be more than a good enough reason to celebrate tomorrow.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:32 pm Only 300 pages? :wink:
I'm trying to be optimistic! :D
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I cant see it being the Spielberg because I believe that's slated for an awards season release, which is so far away from a May premiere. Cannes is not usually the place for those sort of premieres. Then again, the Spielberg makes sense due to Lynch's comments and due to the speed with which Spielberg works.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Wildcard: Could it be Indiana Jones 5?
8)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Stavrogyn wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:32 pm And yes, new David Cronenberg will be more than a good enough reason to celebrate tomorrow.
Yes, I'm 110% with you on that. Still, better my two favorite Davids than one. I'm greedy like that.

Seriously I'm so excited for Cronenberg's return after 8 years, but it could be really historic with Lynch's first film in 16!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

No disrespect to Cronenberg, but I think I'd go for Lynch above any other living director - and I'm not even a Lynch first, Twin Peaks second fan (but probably the opposite). It's just a different level for me. Then again, I've slackened off in my general movie watching/following directors in recent years, whereas in my 20's I was much more into following directors and watching all their films. I did really like A History of Violence though (and Existenz). I had Map of the Stars rented but never got around to it. I want to rewatch The Dead Zone too.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:49 pm No disrespect to Cronenberg, but I think I'd go for Lynch above any other living director - and I'm not even a Lynch first, Twin Peaks second fan (but probably the opposite). It's just a different level for me. Then again, I've slackened off in my general movie watching/following directors in recent years, whereas in my 20's I was much more into following directors and watching all their films. I did really like A History of Violence though (and Existenz). I had Map of the Stars rented but never got around to it. I want to rewatch The Dead Zone too.
I think Cronenberg's built the most consistent filmography of any North American director over the past half century. His run from 1979 to 2011, or maybe from his debut in 1975 to his last in 2014, is pretty much unrivaled. But I do think Lynch has higher highs. But Cronenberg is such a cerebral filmmaker they're not as easy to compare as one might think.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I've seen a lot of his films but it was a long time ago. Dead Ringers is another one I liked. I really need to watch more. The two I know best or have watched more than once are A History of Violence and Existenz. Probably my favourite two.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

my personal faves are THE BROOD, VIDEODROME, NAKED LUNCH, DEAD RINGERS, SPIDER, and A History of Violence
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

LateReg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:58 pm
I think Cronenberg's built the most consistent filmography of any North American director over the past half century. His run from 1979 to 2011, or maybe from his debut in 1975 to his last in 2014, is pretty much unrivaled. But I do think Lynch has higher highs. But Cronenberg is such a cerebral filmmaker they're not as easy to compare as one might think.
Agree with everything except the part about Lynch having higher highs. It's tough for me to even consider which of his features is the best because there are so many of them that I like so very much. Maybe the anser would be: whichever it is that I'm currently watching! P.S.: I do think eXistenZ is an unsung classic.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Did Madchen Amick delete her Wisteria post?
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:28 pm Did Madchen Amick delete her Wisteria post?
was just a story i think, and a repost of anothe ig user
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:28 pm Did Madchen Amick delete her Wisteria post?
Stories disappear after 24 hours.