Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

My wants are the same as yours. Perhaps it’s naive, but I still think that they are are also the two most likely outcomes. If not, then I expect it to be something he’s produced or involved with in some way. Let’s say…

50% Peaks related
20% Lynch directed but no relation to Peaks
15% Lynch produced e.g Happy Worker
10% Fabelmans
5% Non-Existence!
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Ickles »

Wants:
1. New Lynch non TP original film
2. New Lynch non TP original pilot
3. New Lynch TP film
4. New Lynch TP pilot

Expects:
1. INLAND EMPIRE restoration special screening
2. Nothing
3. New Spielberg
4. Something Lynch produced (i.e. Jennifer Lynch or Happy Worker, etc.)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

The IE special screening is a good guess, though wouldn't explain the secrecy or why he said it's not something of his - unless he was just specifying not something new. I think they should do an IE special screening anyway, would be fitting.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

That's mostly an educated guess based on this tweet from the Deadline guy: https://twitter.com/AndreasWiseman/stat ... 1767565322
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

LateReg’s post from yesterday makes sense to me, that it could be the IE restoration, and there was a tragically hilarious Comedy of Errors / game of telephone that led to people jumping to the wrong conclusions. Guess we’ll see!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

IE would make sense except for why would Lynch say he doesn't have a film at Cannes and he didn't know who did etc.? I get he might have been trying to say he didn't have a NEW film at Cannes, but it's still the same effectively as him shutting down rumours of a new film or a Twin Peaks film, yet seems an even more extreme reaction if it's "just"* IE and not something brand new.

* Not meant to mean it's a lesser film but it's an older film even if restored, less likely to require such insane amount of secrecy and Lynch outright "lying" to publications, podcasts, his own Youtube video. Seems he'd just clarify it was IE or say nothing until announcement.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Who knows. It's all confusing no matter what the outcome, really. If there's absolutely nothing Lynch related at the fest then his comments about something from somebody else make no sense, if something from Lynch does sneak in his denials make no sense, ditto if it's a repertory screening (IE or Lost Highway 4K). Honestly, it's weird even if it is the new Spielberg thing given his reference to an NDA for that on that podcast. He doesn't seem like the type to potentially narc out a fellow filmmaker trying to premiere something as a surprise. It's all weird.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If it's the Spielberg film, I think the NDA could explain his wording. All he said was someone has one, let's see who.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

But why would he even say that when he has no obligation to? His comment could have ended after the denial. Adding that wink wink afterwards for somebody else's film doesn't really seem like his style.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

That wasn't the Spielberg film. In the same interview he was asked about his role and said "I can't talk it because NDA but I guess it's true."

Then he was asked about his own project.
Last edited by Histeria on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Great new fatecolossal thread.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... f0NZFIufiQ

“Jordan Ruimy said "Kaleem [Aftab] told me he knew someone who saw the Lynch and loved it"
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:04 pm Great new fatecolossal thread.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... f0NZFIufiQ

“Jordan Ruimy said "Kaleem [Aftab] told me he knew someone who saw the Lynch and loved it"
He's quoting Dugpa on that line :lol:

Full circle.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Speaking of Cronenberg, just saw The Brood on Criterion Channel a couple of weeks. Hadn't seen that movie in years.

Still gives me the creeps!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

mtwentz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:16 pm Speaking of Cronenberg, just saw The Brood on Criterion Channel a couple of weeks. Hadn't seen that movie in years.

Still gives me the creeps!
The Brood is really good. Although I think Videodrome and The Fly are his best works, maybe also Spider and A History of Violence.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I want to rewatch Existenz.