Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Jerry Horne wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:15 pm I just know it was first sold by EE in 2020.

I'm not sure if the Graceland merch was actually made or not. Wasn't there a rumor that attendees would get an exclusive announcement of something?
Lovely item either way.

There was a rumour Graceland would see something announced, yeah.

If he was releasing mid-2020, when would he have shot this film?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

I'm guessing 2019. Not sure about 2018 - think that was too soon after The Return airing.

Does anyone know what he was up to in 2018 and 2019? I know if the Cannes rumour had been true, I would have guessed it was shot (partially at least) in 2019, which is when I think the rumours began, some of which may have been him being spotted in Washington (or was that post-pandemic?).

The HHM might've heard that rumour about a TP movie from someone who made the assumption based on the Graceland thing. It might not have been that reliable a source. There was a lot of speculation flying around. I know they said it's an inside source but idk. Unless it all ties into Wisteria/Unrecorded Night, was TP, but ended up cancelled.

For a show that was unfairly axed in only its 2nd year and had to wait 25 years to return, it's said that another season (or movie) of it may have been cancelled. It's amazing we even ended up with almost 50 episodes (and a movie) considering how poorly it was treated.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Thirteen hours…
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

enumbs wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:23 pm Thirteen hours…
Is it 9am France time the announcement comes out?

That'll be 8am for me. I'm off tomorrow so I hope I have something to celebrate.

But I'm 99.9% sure there will be nothing.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

11 apparently.
Last edited by enumbs on Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:27 pm I'm off tomorrow so I hope I have something to celebrate.

But I'm 99.9% sure there will be nothing.
I'm not expecting anything. If there is something I think it will look very strange that Lynch denied it so vehemently and seemingly genuinely in numerous publications, a podcast, and his own Youtube video only a day before. But I suppose everyone would be too overjoyed to care. I just think it's highly unlikely. Very much willing to be wrong on this one.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

As well as hitting 600 pages, this thread has also exceeded 9,000 posts. (Was probably close to 10,000 maybe altogether made here. In this single thread.)
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Like I said a couple pages back, I'm also 99.9% sure nothing from Lynch at Cannes is being announced tomorrow but I've walked away from this whole Cannes rumor cycle with a bit more hope for a new Lynch work moving forward. I think there was far too much smoke for it to be absolutely meritless so here's hoping something sees the light of day before too long.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)u

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

IcedOver wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:09 am
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:51 am Yeah, I saw INLAND in 4K yesterday, and it was very much in line with LateReg’s description. Background details like flowers and trees are still blurry, all the jagged digital edges are still there. But less crushed blacks, more balance and nuance, and some great detail in all those extreme closeups on faces that really adds to the performances. But yeah, at the end of the day, it’s always going to kinda look the way it looks.
Was that at IFC Center? How is that place as far as theater and screen size and audience attendance? Online it seems like very tiny theaters and screens. It looks like they're keeping it for a while. I'm not in NYC but could take the bus up.
Yep! The theater I was in was, as you say, on the smaller side. Maybe 150 seats? (Just guesstimating.) Pretty standard old school setup, no stadium seating or anything fancy. Screen was clean, on the smaller side as you’d expect in a smaller house. No complaints about the presentation (I was initially worried because the preshow had no audio). The attendance was more than I’d expected on a Tuesday afternoon. I was first there so I could position myself in the center; only one other person sat near me, a few seats down. I was surprised when I turned around after the movie ended and realized how many people were behind me. It wasn’t elbow to elbow or anything, but the theater was probably a quarter full. Everyone was very respectful and quiet. I was worried because it is such a long and challenging—and quiet—movie, and some patrons seemed to be “tag alongs” going with a friend or significant other who maybe didn’t know what they were in for. But for the most part you could hear a pin drop, except for some respectful laughter at the appropriate moments, which was quite lovely to experience (right out of the gate, the short video intro by Lynch got very appreciative laughter from the audience).

I will say anecdotally that I had a suitably Lynchian experience when I went to the concession stand, and the kid there was on the phone and ignored me for a couple minutes. The side of the conversation I heard was completely confounding. I couldn’t tell if he was talking to a boss, a customer service representative, or a family member. At various points he said “I love you” and “What was your name?”
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)u

Post by enumbs »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:07 pm Yep! The theater I was in was, as you say, on the smaller side. Maybe 150 seats? (Just guesstimating.) Pretty standard old school setup, no stadium seating or anything fancy. Screen was clean, on the smaller side as you’d expect in a smaller house. No complaints about the presentation. The attendance was more than I’d expected on a Tuesday afternoon. I was first there so I could position myself in the center; only one other person sat near me, a few seats down. I was surprised when I turned around after the movie ended and realized how many people were behind me. It wasn’t elbow to elbow or anything, but the theater was probably a quarter full. Everyone was very respectful and quiet. I was worried because it is such a long and challenging—and quiet—movie, and some patrons seemed to be “tag alongs” going with a friend or significant other who maybe didn’t know what they were in for. But for the most part you could hear a pin drop, except for some respectful laughter at the appropriate moments, which was quite lovely to experience (right out of the gate, the short video intro by Lynch got very appreciative laughter from the audience).

I will say anecdotally that I had a suitably Lynchian experience when I went to the concession stand, and the kid there was on the phone and ignored me for a couple minutes. The side of the conversation I heard was completely confounding. I couldn’t tell if he was talking to a boss, a customer service representative, or a family member. At various points he said “I love you” and “What was your name?”
That sounds wonderful. I really hope we get a few screenings in the UK.
misterroundheels

Post by misterroundheels »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:07 pm
Yeah, I saw INLAND in 4K yesterday, and it was very much in line with LateReg’s description. Background details like flowers and trees are still blurry, all the jagged digital edges are still there. But less crushed blacks, more balance and nuance, and some great detail in all those extreme closeups on faces that really adds to the performances. But yeah, at the end of the day, it’s always going to kinda look the way it looks.

Yep! The theater I was in was, as you say, on the smaller side. Maybe 150 seats? (Just guesstimating.) Pretty standard old school setup, no stadium seating or anything fancy. Screen was clean, on the smaller side as you’d expect in a smaller house. No complaints about the presentation (I was initially worried because the preshow had no audio). The attendance was more than I’d expected on a Tuesday afternoon. I was first there so I could position myself in the center; only one other person sat near me, a few seats down. I was surprised when I turned around after the movie ended and realized how many people were behind me. It wasn’t elbow to elbow or anything, but the theater was probably a quarter full. Everyone was very respectful and quiet. I was worried because it is such a long and challenging—and quiet—movie, and some patrons seemed to be “tag alongs” going with a friend or significant other who maybe didn’t know what they were in for. But for the most part you could hear a pin drop, except for some respectful laughter at the appropriate moments, which was quite lovely to experience (right out of the gate, the short video intro by Lynch got very appreciative laughter from the audience).

Was it auditorium 1, the one on the ground floor, directly behind the main entrance (not off to the side)? That's their biggest screen, and where I saw Inland Empire six times in its initial run in 2006/2007. Their other screens are tiny.

It's also playing at Lincoln Center and BAM, if anyone is looking for more options to see it.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:07 pm
IcedOver wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:09 am I will say anecdotally that I had a suitably Lynchian experience when I went to the concession stand, and the kid there was on the phone and ignored me for a couple minutes. The side of the conversation I heard was completely confounding. I couldn’t tell if he was talking to a boss, a customer service representative, or a family member. At various points he said “I love you” and “What was your name?”
Like Audrey listening in on Charlie's call with Tina?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Apparently Venice may be a destination for lots of high profile names skipping Cannes this year.

No idea how reputable this guy is but I've seen him posted a lot and he's not discussing Lynch here so.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/4 ... n0zeihd0nb
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

No one mentioning the Vanity Fair article?
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... at-cannes/
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:55 pm No one mentioning the Vanity Fair article?
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... at-cannes/
Felt more like a roundup of other reporting