Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by baxter »

Amazing Histeria! Could that be it then?!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

Stavrogyn wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:28 am After reading all of this, I'm leaning towards Lynch lying, for reasons already mentioned. I'm still optimistic, but at the same time completely ready to accept the possibility that there is no new project and that there never was.

The thing that now interests me the most is this: it's not only that Variety is supposed to be a reputable source, but some others, like The Playlist and Deadline (if I'm not mistaken) have repeated their news after it came out, clearly considering it trustworthy enough. Furthermore, Le Figaro did the same thing: https://www.lefigaro.fr/cinema/un-film- ... s-20220412

I'm going through the text, and they directly say that they got this from Variety - On doit cette révélation à Variety qui la tiendrait de «deux sources bien informées» - but they also add the possibility that the film might open the Cannes Film Festival, which I don't think I saw before.

As far as I know, these are all reputable news outlets.
Great post. I think Variety just threw everyone for a loop and convinced everyone else, who piggybacked on it. As I said a couple of pages back, I even saw this latest rumour convince a couple of people I know to be staunch skeptics about these rumours who didn't believe any of the other ones.

I'd assume once Variety posted it everyone else followed suit - but maybe they have their own internal ways of double-checking and confirming with sources. It's also just likely the sources (I'm betting we know one of them based on their tweets recently) seemed legit to Variety and it was the sources who messed up, though you'd think Variety would have checked with Cannes. Maybe they did. Maybe they got a "no comment" too and that was enough for them rather an outright denial. Variety has a good track record but does that particular reporter? Someone mentioned she might be connected to people in Cannes as she's based in France. I don't want to rake her over the coals so not mentioning her name again here, but I don't know how reliable her past scoops might be. This might just be a case of Variety letting something they should have checked more slip through the cracks - or as the article had the title "predictions" in it and the article mentioned "rumours" they felt they didn't need to, letting it be more a fluff/guess/speculation piece? But still surprised as the Variety thing is what sealed it for many, including skeptics and presumably other news outlets.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

baxter wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:33 am Amazing Histeria! Could that be it then?!
Four projects slated as far as I'm aware

One is a co-production for Justin Kurzel's next film.

Ms American Pie for Apple TV+, directed by Tate Taylor

The Dolls for HBO.

Last is Fruitcake a film that's been reported on already, directed by Max Winkler

No match...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Laura Dern has several projects in development

A quick glance at Lynch on IMDBPro shows:

"A Fall from Grace" is written by Jennifer Lynch and features David Lynch

Duwayne Dunham's "The Happy Worker" features Amy Shiels - and David Lynch is executive producer

"The Other Me" - David Lynch is executive producer

Could it be one of these? Though of course it could also be a project not listed anywhere.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

sneakydave wrote:I did have the thought, as I struggled to get to sleep last night, that others have said on here - maybe Lynch remote directed someone else on set to take charge of his movie for him and the movie is in that person’s name.
Diane Keaton’s been suspiciously quiet of late.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:53 am Laura Dern has several projects in development

A quick glance at Lynch on IMDBPro shows:

"A Fall from Grace" is written by Jennifer Lynch and features David Lynch

Duwayne Dunham's "The Happy Worker" features Amy Shiels - and David Lynch is executive producer

"The Other Me" - David Lynch is executive producer

Could it be one of these? Though of course it could also be a project not listed anywhere.
A Fall From Grace still hadn't recieved a release as far as I'm aware. We discussed the conspiracy of it being a front last year.

The Other Me seems to be a legit film from what I saw of the trailer a few months ago.

The Happy Worker was also discussed in conspiratorial terms. But that one seems legit.
Last edited by Histeria on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Regarding Diane Keaton, a sequel to Episode 22 IS needed. Maybe this really is a James/Evelyn movie.

And if you check the posts on that episode in the episode threads you'll see I unearthed an old quote from Lynch back in the day praising that episode and saying he really liked it.
He is particularly fond of an episode directed by actress Diane Keaton that aired Feb. 9. "I love that show!" he exclaimed. "It was very stylized but absolutely great! We have a lot of terrific directors working on episodes. They have a freedom with this they're not going to get anywhere else in television, and they run with it like crazy."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 398efa643/

But wait - there's more!

And to think when I saw this tweet I first assumed it was a joke:
https://twitter.com/refinedrapture/stat ... 5682546689

Dugpa's known it all along and that's why this forum is closing - for that site.....

Oh wow..... I think we might have solved this finally.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I have a thought.

Lynch has been putting out stuff under the Jack Cruz name recently, like a music album as mentioned before.

Maybe it’s a Jack Cruz project.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:05 am I have a thought.

Lynch has been putting out stuff under the Jack Cruz name recently, like a music album as mentioned before.

Jack Cruz is not in the United States!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Histeria wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 am

He’s at Cannes Film Festival…..

That would also explain why he’s saying it’s not me but he knows who’s doing something.
"Jade give two rides."
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

You know what, I'm admittedly not the biggest optimist in the world but this time I'm consciously choosing to be one even if it may be foolish of me. In all likelihood, there probably is no new Lynch project at Cannes but I still do believe that something (whatever that may be) has been in the works for years and will come to fruition sooner rather than later. For as long as Lynch is alive, there's hope. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 8)
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah we literally just have to wait one more day before we find out.

Also it’s pretty funny that Sabrina captioned her post “For the real story.”

Not the unofficial one like Unrecorded Night…Variety is one of the biggest publications for Hollywood and I don’t think they’d run this story if it was fake information. They had to have heard something with some merit for them to run it. And I really don’t think Lynch would spill the beans on the project if it’s two days before getting announced. Also it’s possible that he has an agreement with Showtime/Netflix to not talk about it until it’s announced.
"Jade give two rides."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I doubt anything would be announced tomorrow, even if it is happening. They'll put everyone off the scent, then announce it late.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

DougieJones wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:12 am Variety is one of the biggest publications for Hollywood and I don’t think they’d run this story if it was fake information. They had to have heard something with some merit for them to run it. And I really don’t think Lynch would spill the beans on the project if it’s two days before getting announced. Also it’s possible that he has an agreement with Showtime/Netflix to not talk about it until it’s announced.
I agree, except that I don't think that it would be Netflix, if there really is a project premiering at Cannes. As mentioned before, the relationship between Cannes and Netflix is, to put it mildly, not all roses.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Histeria wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 am

I was referring to this:

A wonderful stroke of serendipity: The fact it was exactly one year before yesterday's "it's someone but it's not me" spiel.