Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:33 pm "But there’ll be something new from somebody else. It wasn’t me, though. It isn’t me.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Histeria wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:36 pm
enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:33 pm "But there’ll be something new from somebody else. It wasn’t me, though. It isn’t me.”
Everybody read that aloud in Gordon Cole's voice.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

It isn’t him because it’s Gordon Cole.

Also anyone think that Madchen’s Wisteria post was purposely put out before he went on the record to deny it. Cannes refusing to comment makes me think he’s lying.

If he wanted to keep it a surprise why would he just blurt it out in an interview.
"Jade give two rides."
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

N. Needleman wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:17 pm I am used to these cycles and they don't freak me out. What happens will happen. I do have a hard time buying Variety got rumbled.
Not to get all sappy, but thanks for always being the one to bring things back to calm level headedness. I’ve appreciated that.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Metamorphia wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:35 pm
LateReg wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:58 pm
Jonah wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:51 pm Couldn't that wording indicate it's the Spielberg film he's in maybe? (I also saw that theory posted on reddit a lot.)
I believe the Spielberg is unlikely. But one never knows.

Edit: Although, Lynch knowing that somebody else has something coming could indicate it is Spielberg.
Considering Lynch has no interest whatsoever in modern cinema usually this would make some sense.
That’s why his harping on this “new film” stands out to me so much! He could just give a simple no, but then he keeps doing this tap dance about someone else’s secret film. It’s unnecessary, and unlike him to give a crap about whatever else might be coming out. It feels like he doth protest too much, and I’m not buying it. (Although Aftab’s backpeddling about how sure he is is distressing.)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:03 pm
Metamorphia wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:35 pm
LateReg wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:58 pm

I believe the Spielberg is unlikely. But one never knows.

Edit: Although, Lynch knowing that somebody else has something coming could indicate it is Spielberg.
Considering Lynch has no interest whatsoever in modern cinema usually this would make some sense.
That’s why his harping on this “new film” stands out to me so much! He could just give a simple no, but then he keeps doing this tap dance about someone else’s secret film. It’s unnecessary, and unlike him to give a crap about whatever else might be coming out. It feels like he doth protest too much, and I’m not buying it. (Although Aftab’s backpeddling about how sure he is is distressing.)
I don't think it's backpeddaling.

If I knew for sure Lynch was premiering at Cannes because I literally edited the film for him, and was then confronted with Lynch rejecting my previous statement, I'd probably still go and check with the crew if he really is going to Cannes.

That's all he said, that he will check.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The part of Aftab’s tweet I don’t like is, “there was a lot of rumors flying around.” That doesn’t strike me as having the confidence he initially conveyed (and the grammatical error also makes the tweet seem kind of panicky).
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

trivia factoid - Steven Spielberg's The Sugerland Express was in competition at Cannes in 1974 and it won a Best Screenplay prize.
Maybe Spielberg feels like it's appropriate to 'come home' to Cannes to present this partial autobio work at this late stage in his career at a festival that helped launch him.
Lynch having a role in it, maybe DL's aware it premiering there, and that's why he knows about 'someone' having a film.
He's not a huge movie buff, and I don't think he regularly pays attention to Cannes line-ups, but he seems to know about a film.
one possibility.

Variety mentioning Laura Dern indicates their two credible sources aren't Aftab and World of Reel. I don't think either of them ever said Dern.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jerry Horne wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:47 pm
Histeria wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:36 pm
Everybody read that aloud in Gordon Cole's voice.
This one is even better in Cole's voice:

I have NO new film coming OUT. That's a total rumor. So there you are. It is not happening. I don't have a project. I have nothing at Cannes. It's unfortunate. It got built up that people thought, "Oh, that'd be NICE."

[CRANKS UP HEARING AID AND REDUCES SPEECH TO WHISPER]

But there is something new, but it's not mine. I don't know whose it is. They say there's something new at CANNES, and they don't say whose it is, and some people THOUGHT it was my film, but it's not. So we'll wait and see, and see whose it is.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

^^^ Brilliant!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:13 pm trivia factoid - Steven Spielberg's The Sugerland Express was in competition at Cannes in 1974 and it won a Best Screenplay prize.
Maybe Spielberg feels like it's appropriate to 'come home' to Cannes to present this partial autobio work at this late stage in his career at a festival that helped launch him.
Lynch having a role in it, maybe DL's aware it premiering there, and that's why he knows about 'someone' having a film.
He's not a huge movie buff, and I don't think he regularly pays attention to Cannes line-ups, but he seems to know about a film.
one possibility.

Variety mentioning Laura Dern indicates their two credible sources aren't Aftab and World of Reel. I don't think either of them ever said Dern.
Is it conceivable Dern could have a role in Spielberg's film with Lynch? Maybe they filmed together? Dern has connections to both of them obviously.

It's the fact Variety literally called Lynch's role in Fabelmans as a secret that has me a bit suspicious.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:13 pm Variety mentioning Laura Dern indicates their two credible sources aren't Aftab and World of Reel. I don't think either of them ever said Dern.
Maybe that part didn't come from the two "sources."

As for the Spielberg speculation, who knows, but Dern is also a Spielberg friend and collaborator.