Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

Lol - sorry but this is hilarious, especially the comment:

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 2769374216

The irony of posting one last Wisteria post in this thread - but this struck me as funny. Did you hear me? I SAID IT STRUCK ME AS FUNNY.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:00 pm Lol - sorry but this is hilarious, especially the comment:

The irony of posting one last Wisteria post in this thread - but this struck me as funny. Did you hear me? I SAID IT STRUCK ME AS FUNNY.
Jesus Christ we'd moved on from that last year and had made peace with it.

Time, and time again.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:00 pm Lol - sorry but this is hilarious, especially the comment:

I'M BACK ON BOARD!!!!!
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Now that I've slammed my head into the bathroom mirror and calmed down, just want to say - I admire the optimism guys but what would Lynch gain by outright lying to EW to keep a surprise a couple of days to a couple of months away? Wouldn't it be better to say nothing, let it bubble away as a rumour, or perhaps even say something dismissive to cast a bit of doubt - but to come out and completely shoot it down seems like - why? To what avail? That said, the EW piece did appear very quickly after Variety so I don't know but ... no, I refuse to get sucked into more rumours. I'll wait and see. Someone buzz me if there's good news - hopefully I'll be sitting on a nice new pile of freshly written pages.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

sneakydave wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:52 pm Why let your fanbase get themselves whipped up into a fervour
Well you know, I think one reason is that they consistently underestimate just how psychotic said fanbase is
I'll see you in the trees
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

You know, it's possible to have fun speculating without getting too invested in any individual rumor being true.

This approach has made all of these rumor cycles a breeze for me, including this one. I had fun, but never accepted any of the rumors as being true. Lynch and Sabrina have made clear statements that make it overwhelmingly likely that Lynch will be filming something again, sometime, and probably not too far in the future. We'll know for sure when they tell us for sure. I don't think it's a good idea to depend on Lynch or Sabrina (or actors, etc.) denying rumors, or not doing anything at all whatsoever that can be interpreted as vaguely suggestive to a rabid fanbase that desperately wants something to happen and will interpret virtually anything as a sign of some kind of action.

I think it's best to approach all of it with a spirit of fun.

And we'll have fun, fun, fun, till dugpa takes our forum away. :lol:
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:07 pm Now that I've slammed my head into the mirror and calmed down, just want to say - I admire the optimism guys but what would Lynch gain by outright lying to EW to keep a surprise a couple of days to a couple of months away? Wouldn't it be better to say nothing, let it bubble away as a rumour, or perhaps even say something dismissive to cast a bit of doubt - but to come out and completely shoot it down seems like - why? To what avail? That said, the EW piece did appear very quickly after Variety so I don't know but ... no, I refuse to get sucked into more rumours. I'll wait and see. Someone buzz me if there's good news - hopefully I'll be sitting on a nice new pile of freshly written pages.
IF there is a real project, and I knew this for sure, and I was privy to Lynch's inner thoughts, I'd never expect him to confirm in response to a press interview question.

Let's imagine he said "yes" or "no comment." He has no control over the publishing date, the messaging, the reaction. If he had a project to announce, he'd never let some EW interviewer announce it for him. How would today have gone if he just pled the fifth and the interview copy said "Lynch refused to deny hes debuting a film ar Cannes."

Now that doesn't mean the denial he gave was customary. But it's one of those ones where it's farfetched to think he's lying and farfetched to think he'd answer that honestly even if it was true.
Last edited by Histeria on Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Kyle MacLachlan has a crazy idea to bring back Twin Peaks on the net as five minute webisodes, if that reassures anyone.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I hear there's also talk of a comic book insert for the new DVD set.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:15 pm I hear there's also talk of a comic book insert for the new DVD set.
What what what!

That sounds very exciting
Last edited by Histeria on Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:13 pm Kyle MacLachlan has a crazy idea to bring back Twin Peaks on the net as five minute webisodes, if that reassures anyone.
What year is this?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

1990. We're all snuggled up watching the pilot. Who killed that Laura Palmer and how will the charming quirky detective and his Girl Friday find out? And was that lady talking to a log?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:18 pm 1990. We're all snuggled up watching the pilot. Who killed that Laura Palmer and how will the charming quirky detective and his Girl Friday find out? And was that lady talking to a log?
Oh!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

You know, I could really get into this show. Looks like it's going to be a nicely plotted procedural. Sure, it's a bit quirky but it's not like they have people talking backwards or weird surrealism. I bet it wraps up with a nice satisfying reveal in a few episodes then there will be a few seasons with different murder mysteries each year. It'll probably run for years. Just like Dallas.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Rainwater wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:11 pm
sneakydave wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:52 pm Why let your fanbase get themselves whipped up into a fervour
Well you know, I think one reason is that they consistently underestimate just how psychotic said fanbase is
I resemble that remark.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*