Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

Oh boy haha sorry for the confusion!

Yes I’m saying Laura Harring could’ve been Tammy.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

There's entirely too much Tammy talk in this thread considering we've just learned that a new Lynch project is coming out. This may have been acceptable in the doldrums of this thread during all those long painful months of speculating about a fleck of hair on Kyle's head looking slightly greyish - but let's step it up now that we've gotten this Variety news.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

More reddit comments:

u/MelmothTheBee
I am convinced he could’ve done it from his house, directing through hi def video conferencing. Considering that most of his assistants know how he works, he could’ve pulled it off.

He could receive live feed from the camera(s), and he could review high def dailies at the end of the day making sure that the artifact is as he wants it to be.

This would also be in line with her “experimental” stuff comment. It would also explain why Sabrina visited him so often.

u/shangri-la7
I agree that's plausible. Convoluted but workable.

Although I wonder, would the vibe be notably different if filmed that way? Would there be an element of disconnection from Lynch not being physically there on set? If you've seen the behind the scenes footage of The Return you can see Lynch is very tactile.

-

Thoughts?

I'm fascinated by when and how he might have filmed this new project. I know we can't know but I'm still intrigued by it.

I'm not sure I fully agree with these comments - I've also heard people say he filmed weather reports in morning then went to Calvert Studios for rest of day. But others claim he was spotted in Snoqualmie, which I think is unlikely. I'm leaning towards filmed pre-pandemic/2019 with pick-ups/additional shooting during the pandemic, and perhaps somewhat remotely.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

We have discussed the remote possibility before. It's definitely doable.

And before I was on this forum, there were multiple ads on the industry boards for crew jobs in Snoqualmie that required liasing with a director working remotely via videolink.

Not saying that director was Lynch. But someone was doing it because of Covid so it's certainly doable.

I agree with Jonah on the "all of the above" scenario. A little bit of everything.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Ickles wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:23 pm
DougieJones wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:46 pm I’m not sure about anyone else here but I don’t really see Lynch going so secretive for an original project with no ties to Twin Peaks. Also I don’t know about Lara’s role but I think it could’ve been Tammy.

Edit: People have their problems with LFB but I would really love it if we saw Laura and Donna together again.
I mean, he was pretty secretive about Inland Empire which had nothing to do with Twin Peaks. I think I'm in the minority on this forum, as I am a Lynch fan first and a Twin Peaks fan a distant second (in that very distinct order) but I'm kind of holding out hope it's more of a holistic Lynchverse thing, perhaps a version of The Antelope Don't Run No More of sorts that weaves bits from his other works in addition to Twin Peaks. I mean, at this point I'll take whatever Lynch wants to give us so it's hard to be too picky.
I'm a Lynch fan first as well. I'd wager there's more of us here than you'd think. And I wonder if there's ever been a poll on how that correlates to love of The Return.

As far as this new thing, I've always said I don't care what it is!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:10 pm And before I was on this forum, there were multiple ads on the industry boards for crew jobs in Snoqualmie that required liasing with a director working remotely via videolink.
That's really intriguing! Plus there was the shoot at the RR Diner, later claimed to be a local tourism commercial. Remember that? And the film by a woman director, conveniently set in the 90's. Not saying the latter was something, but the commercial might have been.

But I'm not sure I believe this is TP or, even if it is, that it was filmed in Snoqualmie. Could very well be TP-adjacent/set in LA or an entirely new project. Still, some of these ideas sound fun.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I just don't know that Lynch would direct remotely, unless it was a scene where remote made perfect sense, like surveillance footage or something. I just can't see it. But, crazy times.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I'm still trying to assume nothing is happening to avoid disappointment. But surely something is happening.

In any case, that Variety article made the new Cronenberg film sound awesome. There are also loads of his films I haven't seen. So that is excitement enough if the Lynch thing doesn't pan out.

Surely a new Lynch film could be nowhere near the scale required for The Return shoot. It must surely be a lowkey, experimental work?
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

A deleted post on Reddit apparently repeated the claim that some people were working on a TP show set in the 40s or 50s, but were furloughed due to Covid and haven't had a return call. No credible source though,
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

baxter wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:56 pm A deleted post on Reddit apparently repeated the claim that some people were working on a TP show set in the 40s or 50s, but were furloughed due to Covid and haven't had a return call. No credible source though,
The 40s and 50s theme matches a lot of previous rumours and tidbits.

As does the part about staff being furloughed. Though it's possible this post is made up and based on those two previous rumours.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I'm convinced that, if there is a new DL film at Cannes, it has nothing to do with TP.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:05 pm
I'm not sure I fully agree with these comments - I've also heard people say he filmed weather reports in morning then went to Calvert Studios for rest of day. But others claim he was spotted in Snoqualmie, which I think is unlikely.
You just inspired me to have what I am convinced is the most insane Lynch conspiracy theory yet. What if he had a set built of his home studio where he films the weather reports to keep up the illusion that he was home when he was actually shooting?! I remember a couple of days where the lights would pop on during the weather report, surprising him and causing him to comment on it. (For the record, I’m kidding. I’m sure he was home, and the lights were on a timer and surprised him due to the changing times of sunrise/etc. But...then again....it’s not like it would be terribly difficult to execute..... :lol: )
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Or he just green screened his house? xD
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I do think that the endless Wisteria postings, etc, were part of a genius plan to throw people off the scent. i.e. have open rumours that don't add up to anything, then repeatedly shoot them down. Very effective!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

baxter wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 pm I'm convinced that, if there is a new DL film at Cannes, it has nothing to do with TP.
I find it unlikely, but I don't even entirely believe there's going to be something at Cannes, so who knows?
Histeria wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:58 pm
baxter wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:56 pm A deleted post on Reddit apparently repeated the claim that some people were working on a TP show set in the 40s or 50s, but were furloughed due to Covid and haven't had a return call. No credible source though,
The 40s and 50s theme matches a lot of previous rumours and tidbits.
It seems that a 40s or 50s theme would be even more difficult to film in secrecy, as something of that nature usually calls for more conspicuous components and transformations of environments.