Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by mtwentz »

Stavrogyn wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:25 pm Do you think that it will be among the films announced on Thursday now that Variety has written about it even if that wasn't their original plan? (Maybe it was, who knows.)
Better be or we will all be driven crazy
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Ickles »

mtwentz wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:53 pm
Stavrogyn wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:25 pm Do you think that it will be among the films announced on Thursday now that Variety has written about it even if that wasn't their original plan? (Maybe it was, who knows.)
Better be or we will all be driven crazy
I assumed the reason Variety was able to report the news is that their source(s) felt reasonably okay with confirming this close to the announcement date.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Anyone find out what Laura Harring's mysterious Return to acting turned out to be?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Last credited role is on NCIS: Los Angeles in 2019 (three years after last appearance on same show in 2016). I think it's quite possible she and LFB are in this new thing. Let's hope she got a better agent than the one who advised her not to be a part of The Return or was holding out for a bigger role - something like that.

Twin Peaks is now trending on Twitter.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I’m not sure about anyone else here but I don’t really see Lynch going so secretive for an original project with no ties to Twin Peaks. Also I don’t know about Lara’s role but I think it could’ve been Tammy.

Edit: People have their problems with LFB but I would really love it if we saw Laura and Donna together again.
"Jade give two rides."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Lara's role was absolutely not Tammy Preston lol. She would've been Donna if she was asked. (And IIRC she claims she was)
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think Dougie means Laura Harring might have been Tammy. I'm all for two Donnas. Would fit that world perfectly (even if it got cartoonish, I don't care). LFB and Moira Kelly. One or both, preferably both. I think they both did a great job with that character in very different ways.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:46 pm I’m not sure about anyone else here but I don’t really see Lynch going so secretive for an original project with no ties to Twin Peaks. Also I don’t know about Lara’s role but I think it could’ve been Tammy.

Edit: People have their problems with LFB but I would really love it if we saw Laura and Donna together again.
I mean, he was pretty secretive about Inland Empire which had nothing to do with Twin Peaks. I think I'm in the minority on this forum, as I am a Lynch fan first and a Twin Peaks fan a distant second (in that very distinct order) but I'm kind of holding out hope it's more of a holistic Lynchverse thing, perhaps a version of The Antelope Don't Run No More of sorts that weaves bits from his other works in addition to Twin Peaks. I mean, at this point I'll take whatever Lynch wants to give us so it's hard to be too picky.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

It’s unlikely Laura Harring was offered Tammy, as that’s one of the larger roles in the show. As stated above, she rejected a part because it was too small. I’m guessing she would have been a Roadhouse patron, or at most someone like Beverly.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Is anyone up to guessing when this new thing was shot? Was anyone paying attention to Lynch's movements pre-weather reports and know of his whereabouts? And can someone remind me - was he and maybe Deming or Kyle spotted at the Salish Lodge? I know it was claimed to be for an event or something, but I wonder....

Even if this isn't TP (and we have very very little evidence of Snoqualmie shooting unless second unit stuff), and was mostly filmed in LA, I'm very curious as to when. Pre-pandemic/2019? Or somehow during the pandemic at his house while filming weather reports in the mornings? Maybe a bit of both. Mostly shot in 2019, some pick-ups and extra stuff done during the pandemic, a bit of remote directing and home studio stuff. I know we can't know but would love to hear some speculation on this.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

This is over from the David Lynch subreddit. Also I was referring to her playing Tammy but if the role she thought was too small then it very well could’ve been Donna.

Also Lynch recording himself with the weather reports and the beard might be a tease at the “passage of time thing”. As we literally saw it grow day by day, like Wisteria vines. Lynch is recording the weather reports in the early mornings. Maybe Unrecorded Night is a tease at that, we’re not seeing what he’s doing at night only in the day.

“Unless they’re just gonna surprise us.”
Attachments
B974B824-24EF-4078-80F2-E42E62FFA837.jpeg
B974B824-24EF-4078-80F2-E42E62FFA837.jpeg (575.6 KiB) Viewed 19973 times
F8BFE49D-A191-471C-8EFA-1F44CE3F6CF6.jpeg
F8BFE49D-A191-471C-8EFA-1F44CE3F6CF6.jpeg (866.91 KiB) Viewed 19973 times
Last edited by DougieJones on Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Jade give two rides."
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Honestly, the last couple years of rumors and anticipation (not to mention the pandemic) kind of rendered everything a blur, timeline wise. I don't remember when exactly the rumors of Lynch being spotted shooting something "post apocalyptic" in Washington were or even when exactly the Production Weekly stuff leaked. I wouldn't be surprised if, IE style, it's kind of all of the above. Assuming this is indeed a feature length film (i.e. 2+ hours)...that's a lot of work and footage to shoot. I'd imagine it took several years to shoot it all, assuming it was done piecemeal in various locations due to the pandemic and nature of production. They might've even shot some stuff way earlier than we're even thinking.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

I still don't buy it but if Lynch really was staging/pre recording weather reports then this is an absurdly brilliant long con :lol:
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

DougieJones wrote:Also I was referring to her playing Tammy but if the role she thought was too small then it very well could’ve been Donna.
I think there may be some crossed wires here.

Laura Harring rejected a part in the Return because it was too small, in her words “one of 200 cameos”.

Lara Flynn Boyle also rejected a part in the Return, and we have no reason to believe this was for any role other than Donna.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

IF it was filming in Washington, which is a big unverified if, I have a hard time believing he'd go there for anything but Twin Peaks, be it by that name or another.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.