Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:46 am I'm actually going to be in Spain a couple of days before the festival starts for work so it's actually not that inconceivable to try and travel over to France for it. Not sure how insane festival passes/tickets run or if they are even available this late in the game but if there's a new Lynch film there I pretty much have to at least try.
There's no public access at all. Only via Invite, industry position, press role.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Rainwater »

I don't believe it just yet. Not yet. It's too good to be true..
I'll see you in the trees
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Fatecolossal opines:

"In addition to Dern, the "other Lynch regulars," based on previous hints, seem most likely to include Kyle M, Amanda Seyfried, Sherilyn Fenn, Kimmy Robertson, Michael Horse, possibly Lara Flynn Boyle (!)..."
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

#DavidLynch now trending on Twitter.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I wonder if Amy Shiels, who played Candie in S3, is part of it. I remember last year she had some cryptic IG posts and mentioned shooting something secret (wish I could find it but I deactivated my IG account). It would make sense if it was for this.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Well, I guess we all own an apology to the Hollywood Horror Museum.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Variety also mentions Naomi Watts - and wasn't one of the very earliest rumours her and Laura Dern being spotted at Netflix around the same time Lynch was?

I'm not sure how this fit the reddit poster's info, who said the Netflix deal fell through. Will be interested to see his response especially as Ickles just posted a recent update from him which seemed to indicate nothing was happening.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Jonah wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 am Variety also mentions Naomi Watts - and wasn't one of the very earliest rumours her and Laura Dern being spotted at Netflix around the same time Lynch was?

I'm not sure how this fit the reddit poster's info, who said the Netflix deal fell through. Will be interested to see his response especially as Ickles just posted a recent update from him which seemed to indicate nothing was happening.
My guess is that they are scrambling to think of a cover to pretend they still know anything about anything.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Oh my god :shock: Could it be that the rumors were right all along? I've been telling people for almost two years now that a new David Lynch is coming, maybe even Twin Peaks, but still, could it truly be possible? I won't believe it until I see a full-blown official confirmation!

And how I hope for it to be a film like Fire Walk with Me, a Dale Cooper/Richard and Carrie Page-centric sequel to The Return!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:04 am
Jonah wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 am Variety also mentions Naomi Watts - and wasn't one of the very earliest rumours her and Laura Dern being spotted at Netflix around the same time Lynch was?

My guess is that they are scrambling to think of a cover to pretend they still know anything about anything.
When I first read his response, my first thought was how idiosyncratic the production agreements are with Lynch and Frost. They first sign an agreement with a broadcaster then everything goes through their companies with very little or no input from Showtime/Netflix/Whoever.

There were rumours last year about how staff were retained in reserve rather than let go. If that is true, then it's possible all the legwork was already completed on the TTP/Rancho Rosa/A2K side of the project. So even though the contract between it and the distributor fell through, the contract for the crew was with TPP not Netflix.

In that case, it would appear no movement has occured on the usual channels even though it's occurring on the Lynch side.

Not sure if that makes sense. But it could explain why there was so little official information in the usual places beyond the original filings.

We also don't know yet what form this project is taking. Too soon to judge.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

IMG_4869.png
IMG_4869.png (591.19 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

the way variety uses “upcoming series” i’m wondering if that mean a series is coming and this either the pilot or a seperate film…
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

All the proverbial dots seem to be connecting.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

First the forum news I read about in the morning and now this... I won't be able to sleep tonight.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)