Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by baxter »

Yep I'm optimistic too.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Has Lynch had an an exhibition of new work after "Squeaky Flies in the Mud" in late 2019 ? A lot of talk about how he's been focusing on his paintings and art, but I don't think there's been a recent show....

If the Cannes thing is Lynch, I would say it's possible the Mayershi doc that he said would take him a long time. Also, such a big gap between Inland and TP Return - possible maybe he filmed stuff
for Antelope Don't Run No More in those 2007-2015 years, and maybe finished it in pandemic, I dunno. Antelope could fit the "some doubt it even exists" part of the Aftab tweet.

One thing though that makes me think it could be Michael Mann, Kaleem Aftab writes in his 2011 review of Drive -

" Without doubt the most stylish film in years, Drive plays like the best episodes of Miami Vice."
so I suppose MV could be his favorite tv show..

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 87163.html

One possibility for Spike Lee - he did film a pilot for a show for HBO called Da Brick years ago - which never got picked up, could be possible Spike Lee re-packaging it as a feature.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Mann has been working on Tokyo Vice, as well as trying to get funding for his long gestating Ferrari biopic, which now seems like it's finally about to go ahead for real. Beyond that, he doesn't seem the type to work on a small production in secret.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Michael Moore is another possibility. Kaleem Aftab writes here "If there's one thing in America that doesn't need fixing, it's Mr. Moore"

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 97039.html
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

At least twice before, with two different films, Moore has pulled the 'secret' card, he is a Cannes Palm D'Or alum, and Aftab's reviews of his films are pretty glowing. possible TV Nation his fave show.

"Michael Moore Unveils Secret Donald Trump Movie"

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/mich ... 201892477/

Michael Moore’s new film, Where to Invade Next, explores how the US government maintains a state of “infinite war”, according to the Oscar-winning documentary film-maker. Moore revealed rough details of the project, which he has been making “in secret” since 2009, in his first Periscope broadcast.

https://www.projectcasting.com/blog/new ... vade-next/
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I love how one spark sets this thread ablaze. 8 pages! :D
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.23.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.23.48 PM.png (142.76 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.32.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.32.25 PM.png (70.83 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.30.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.30.30 PM.png (63.22 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

JackWithOneEye are you trying to kill all hope :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

It just seems likely to me, considering the situation in Ukraine, maybe Moore would make something timely about Putin and Russian Oligarchs influence in the west or something.

He already made two 'secret' / 'surprise' features he dropped in the past without much or any lead-up, so this is part of his schtick.
Moore he has a pre-existing relationship with Cannes, he's won palm d'or, and a prize for Bowling for Columbine, and I think he premiered Sicko there.
and this Kaleem Aftab is really into Michael Moore.

There's a whole bunch more tweets I found too, but might violate dugpa's politcs rules to post, but Aftab's and Moore's politics are closely aligned.
TV Nation is a show too that I've seen on a lot of people's TV top tens.

Makes more sense to me than Lynch unfortunately. Though I would rather it be Lynch.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jack - I appreciate your reasoning and agree with the unlikelihood of Lynch having completed a major feature in total secrecy. But I still think that it makes more sense that that tweet refers to Lynch. Also, for what it's worth, that Cedric guy we were talking about a couple days ago responded to fellow cinephiles who said that rumored surprises like this usually end up being disappointing/overhyped, and he said "No!" So I definitely don't think it's Michael Moore, for what it's worth.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:49 am Makes more sense to me than Lynch unfortunately. Though I would rather it be Lynch.
His list of favourite films doesn’t contain any of Moore’s work, but it does contain Blue Velvet: https://www2.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people ... /voter/444

On Twitter he has referred to Wild at Heart as one of his favourites, and also recommended it as a starting point for getting into Lynch. So we have two favourite films he could be talking about. Based on this, his aforementioned love of Twin Peaks, and the apparent corroboration from the World of Reel guy, I’m pretty confident he’s talking about Lynch.
Attachments
D5FC9DEC-5AA9-4D52-AAC4-5A0BFD4FB2BF.png
D5FC9DEC-5AA9-4D52-AAC4-5A0BFD4FB2BF.png (353.18 KiB) Viewed 4439 times
90876B85-2CC9-43E7-895A-5B3B31E63DD8.png
90876B85-2CC9-43E7-895A-5B3B31E63DD8.png (280.2 KiB) Viewed 4439 times
Last edited by enumbs on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

enumbs and LateReg - good points. sure hope you guys are right.