Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Stavrogyn »

Eh, there's nothing we can do. Until we hear something - if we ever hear something - at least there are enough great things out there to keep us occupied for multiple lifetimes. I hardly find the time to watch or read even a small percentage of things I'm interested in.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

Dave - Didn't he say that BEFORE "The Return", though?

Stavrogyn - Agreed. I have a long list of things I want to watch and read, but even the few limited things I've been watching lately (a handful of old TV shows such as Northern Exposure, Due South, and China Beach) I've only gotten halfway through them over the entire winter. I also stopped watching a few of the new TV shows I had been following, again at the halfway point or just after. So the list grows longer lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Halfway through is a good place to stop watching "Due South" (after Paul Haggis departs as showrunner).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I've moved the "Northern Exposure" posts over to the thread I created for it in Hap's Diner: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4337

There's also some threads there for some of the other shows I mentioned here too, including "Due South": http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4353

Just quickly on that, to reply to the post above - The first half of "Due South" was excellent. I watched some of Season 3 and quite like the replacement detective (once I got used to the cast change) but haven't watched it all yet. I believe Paul Gross was more heavily involved.

Happy to continue discussing both shows in the threads above.

With regards to Twin Peaks, anyone notice it was trending the other day on Twitter for some reason for several hours?

Russ Tamblyn joked about it and said he made it trend (https://twitter.com/RussTamblyn/status/ ... 4911384576) but I couldn't figure out why it was actually trending.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
slacker345

Post by slacker345 »

Breaking today.. who knows if it really is Lynch, but the guy behind this website, and the guy who originally posted the tweet, are respected film insiders.. https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/4 ... fqfy4s7jup
waspballoon

Post by waspballoon »

slacker345 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:00 am Breaking today.. who knows if it really is Lynch, but the guy behind this website, and the guy who originally posted the tweet, are respected film insiders.. https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/4 ... fqfy4s7jup
To fan the flames a little, Googling "Kaleem Aftab David Lynch" turns up an old twitter bio, "David Lynch. Experimental music. Crime films. Filmmaking. Spike Lee. Letterpress. USA. Sofia Coppola. Emmy Awards. Arts & culture news", as well as several writings of his on Lynch's film, and even a Jennifer Lynch interview.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

So I don't really think there's much smoke here BUT (devil's advocate)...if the purported rumors of Lynch shooting "something apocalyptic" in Washington a while back were somehow true and the hubbub over various actors tweeting social media teases (Wisteria flowers, etc.) was more than just wishful thinking AND it's also true that the Netflix deal is dead I could see Lynch re-configuring whatever he shot for Unrecorded Night/Wisteria into a standalone film. Perhaps it was supposed to be a bigger anthology thing but he scrapped it for one film instead? Again, I'm having trouble getting too excited about such a minor, unsubstantiated rumor but I can see whatever this was turning from a lengthy multi-episode series into a standalone film which is a possibility I hadn't considered before.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

IF this is true surely it would have to be a short film right? It can't be a full feature, can it? :|
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Oh look.

I posted something. Then a rumour started.

Maybe I AM David Lynch?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

You reactivated the thread - and the rumours. Maybe you are. 8)
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Sneaky!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Meanwhile... From reddit:

AmeliaMangan
How much d'you wanna bet it'll premiere at Cannes and turn out to be that day's weather report?

:D
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

I'm reading from a reliable source that it's actually a feature film. Oh boy.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Wow. I'm trying not to get too hyped here. I've got lots of thoughts. Have been messaging a friend. But, again, trying not to get too hyped as mostly these rumours don't seem to pan out.

Some random thoughts:

It would explain all the Wisteria/Unrecorded Night rumours.

Also, maybe Netflix did put up some cash - or sign up for distribution rights - or it was meant to be a series but then became a film, i.e. MD. Would that also explain all the scripts we saw copyrighted or was that to throw people off it being a film?

Lynch has barely left his house right? That we know of anyway. Would have to have been filmed mostly in his place maybe?

Could see Laura Dern and Kyle being involved, they're friends, they have been at his house. Maybe some of the TP cast too (even if it's not TP-related) given he knows them so well.

Could see Lynch doing a little directing remotely and there was some studio where trees were delivered, so maybe some soundstage time too (though I think that tree rumour turned out to be for something else).

I'd be very surprised if some of the TP cast were also involved and/or if it's tangentially connected to TP
- but if it is well, they sure kept it under wraps despite all the rumours. Even if it's not, they did a great job keeping it under wraps.

But you know I'm tired of all the subterfuge and if it just turns out to be not Lynch again then - ugh.