Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Brad has excellent contacts too and in valuable sectors other below don't really lean into.

Scott Ryan is very open about how he gets (or doesn't get) access to subjects of his book and always downplays how close he actually is to them beyond that specific encounter.

Even Ben and Byron at Twin Peaks Unwrapped, who've interviewed basically everyone involved apart from David Lynch (and still got him to pop in and greet a live rewatch) go from (the perception of) teasing they know something to suggesting they're being stonewalled and can't actually get anyone to tell them anything.

Andy Hazel (a bona fide journalist outside of the TP fandom) is the one to watch for me. As a pro he was able to build lots of connections fairly quickly and his podcast was/is an impressive journalistic effort.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Brad D »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:22 am Jonah - I don't understand why you are suggesting that people like Brad Dukes on this forum have some sort of insight - yes, he interviewed a whole horde of Twin Peaks people for a book that came out last decade. Why would someone on this forum have proper inklings of what is going on in the world of Lynch or Frost?
who broke the news Lynch was dropping out of The Return? My insights are either based on first-hand conversations I've had in the last three years with various cast/crew/journalists/industry folk. These are specifically people that actually know things, some of them good friends that I hardly even talk about TP with. There were plenty of s3 spoilers I never revealed in the name of good fun. Believe it or not, I've documented many parts of the TP world since I finished my book. So there's my inklings, Norm.
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

If I had the choice between a 4th season of Twin Peaks or a sequel to Brad Dukes' book Reflections focused on The Return, I'd chose the latter.
A salamander spit donuts.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

sugarhigh wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:31 am If I had the choice between a 4th season of Twin Peaks or a sequel to Brad Dukes' book Reflections focused on The Return, I'd chose the latter.

Hahaha-thank you. That would be a really tough task for a litany of reasons.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

So, Norm, do tell us, what's Lynch working on in your opinion? How many seasons of it? Have you got any inside info?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Norm’s posts were removed for insulting a moderator before dawn on a Monday morning. Just be polite, people
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Kyle responded to the Scott Wampler tweet –the "Hearing rumblings" tweet– saying: "Cheers my friend! ☕️"
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Brad D wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:51 am
sugarhigh wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:31 am If I had the choice between a 4th season of Twin Peaks or a sequel to Brad Dukes' book Reflections focused on The Return, I'd chose the latter.

Hahaha-thank you. That would be a really tough task for a litany of reasons.
I would also love to see this.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Hopper wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 am Kyle responded to the Scott Wampler tweet –the "Hearing rumblings" tweet– saying: "Cheers my friend! ☕️"
Now that's pretty interesting. I mean, Kyle wasn't even tagged. He's gone out of his way to reply to that.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

sneakydave wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:29 pm
Hopper wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 am Kyle responded to the Scott Wampler tweet –the "Hearing rumblings" tweet– saying: "Cheers my friend! ☕️"
Now that's pretty interesting. I mean, Kyle wasn't even tagged. He's gone out of his way to reply to that.
And a whole week after the tweet.
I'll see you in the trees
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Tell you what, folks. Anybody sees Ray Wise sippin' a cup o' joe this week or the following and we're home free!
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

There seems to be two speeds to the rumor mill: either complete radio silence, giving us nothing to discuss whatsoever, or the slightly more interesting "wink wink nudge nudge" on social media variety (i.e. Kyle's Twitter reply, the Wisteria flower pics on IG once upon a time, etc.). Obviously I'll take the latter over a complete lack of movement, and it's good fodder to get this thread up and moving again, but unless/until we get more concrete news and confirmation from a reputable source it's all still just speculation which I'm taking with a massive amount of salt. Even if there is some smoke to Kyle's reply and he's not just having a bit of fun, who is to say whatever delay hit the project the first time around won't rear its ugly head again?
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

There's a balance in my head: on one side rest the very certain fact that responding to that tweet a week later –and without an tagging, as you have noticed– can only start from the intention of arousing some kind of expectation among the fans; on the other hand, weighs the fact – no less true – that feeding rumors is not part of the lynchian modus operandi, and that, if there was something going on, it would be counterproductive to reveal little winks on social media.

Soooo...I dunno. The balance is pretty steady right now!

All I can say is I respect Scott Wampler. I have been reading him for years and he is a good journalist, not a sociopath so eager for attention that he is capable of inventing hoaxes to play with people's illusions, like the guys from Obnoxious and anonymous.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Do we think it’s a bit peculiar that Kyle missed TP Day on socials, just posted a TP related post, only liked one post about TP Day on Twitter and suddenly came back and replied to a random tweet about more TP?

In non related TP news, Janus Films put out a new high res still of Lost Highway. They also are putting out the new Inland Empire remaster. Could we be getting a full 4K Criterion Lynch box set.

https://twitter.com/janusfilms/status/1 ... 52838?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Thanks for posting the Janus news, Dougie. Hadn't seen that yet. Criterion editions of IE and Lost Highway would be pretty great.