Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Metamorphia »

enumbs wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 am Perhaps he thought a Twin Peaks Day greeting might be a little frivolous in light of today’s news.
Exactly this.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Yeah, I had considered that but didn't think it would register. You might be right.

Wrong Odessa in the spotlight today.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Ickles wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04 am I get the spirit of the comment, that David probably isn't as plugged into social media stuff and memes but he seems pretty connected to his fans /..."/.
Funny, he strikes me as being exactly the opposite. The interviews and various statements he gave during TP "revival" period from, let's say, 2014 till Covid, paint to me a picture of a man far removed from anything on the level of "reality" existing outside whatever goes on in his head.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Anyone else find it interesting that only two people involved with the show were posting about Twin Peaks Day today. Ray from S3 and Mark Frost are the only two I’ve seen comment on the day. Even Kyle who is always on top of social media hasn’t put out a post. For example he put in his Instagram post for his birthday a Diane quote. Similarly David didn’t acknowledge it. Maybe it’s going unrecorded?
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

No - I think It's because of the news. Even I took down the silly greeting I only posted on here. I know some of the TP fandoms still posted but a lot of those posts were early in the day. There was even a major pitching event for writers on Twitter that was almost cancelled. It went ahead but the organizers acknowledged the news. Of course, it's also quite possible Lynch and others might not comment on it anyway (I know he did last year but not sure he always has) just in general, but if there's less today and if Kyle isn't contributing to it that's probably why.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I presume its because of the news.

If it isn't then Kyle is an odd one. Sabrina too. Usually she re-shares stuff that fans send her or tag her in regardless of the occasion.

Kyle will have people who assist with social media who can post these for him (and do so regularly). And he's personally recorded many video greetings for previous years (plus marking many more occasions on tiktok).

But I presume it's the news.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah I definitely think the world’s state of affairs factored into whatever people were gonna post/say today. I hope everyone around the world here is staying safe as we chart these troubled waters.

Mark’s account is very political though and he was tweeting about TP Day and Ukraine simultaneously. Obviously though what’s going on in the world is above all and I hope everyone here stays well!
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I remember Lynch challenged Putin to do the ALS Ice Bucket challenge whatever summer that was, 2014 or something. I wonder if that ever reached Putin in any meeting, I imagine Lynch films way off his radar.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I guess Lynch could make a animated sequel to Twin peaks too. He doesn’t need to be physically present too. Something like what if from marvel.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

They made The Animated Series (1973-1974) as a sequel to Star Trek (1966-1969) with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, and the rest of the original cast providing voices, so that's one example. But I would rather have a live-action sequel.

Interesting clarifications from Hollywood Horror Museum - if we still give them any credit?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

So if Wisteria is new Twin Peaks and has picked back up production that would be great.

Edit: I’ve sent out a couple owls. We’ll see what comes back.
"Jade give two rides."
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Brilliant, emotional Weather Report today from DL. Certainly looks like any Twin Peaks Day messages were out of his mind given the events in Ukraine.

"There's no room for this kind of absurdity any more!"
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

It's funny how the HHM guys are now very vague as to what their infamous 2019 tweet was all about - they're making it sound like they really didn't have any idea in what form the supposedly planned TP content was to come out, or what would the content even be. It was some "TP-related thing", they're saying. Whereas back then, they sure didn't sound like they haven't got a clue - on the contrary, they set the Internet ablaze with their claim that come 2020, we're all gonna be "giddy with excitement" based on what the TP crew's got planned. So now, three years later, most of their knowledge and "insider" information seems to have evaporated... That just goes to show you how various on-line presences claiming to be "in the know" of "something really special" and hinting left, right, and center to stir up fervent speculatons are just out there for their own self-indulgent goals and whatever they say has to be taken into consideration with extreme caution and dubiousness.

But thanks, Krishan, for your sleuthing!