Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by eyeboogers »

If anything is in development as Netflix then it is unlikely to be Twin Peaks related. Paramount owns the rights to the older seasons and are actively promoting them, basically they would have more to gain from making more than Netflix would. Not be mention the rights nightmare it might be to use clips, score and perhaps even reference things from the former seasons. Thanks to Brad for doing the digging, let's hope that Mark Frost in that interview might at least let us know if it is never happening again, or the lodge door is still ajar.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

eyeboogers wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:28 pm If anything is in development as Netflix then it is unlikely to be Twin Peaks related. Paramount owns the rights to the older seasons and are actively promoting them, basically they would have more to gain from making more than Netflix would. Not be mention the rights nightmare it might be to use clips, score and perhaps even reference things from the former seasons. Thanks to Brad for doing the digging, let's hope that Mark Frost in that interview might at least let us know if it is never happening again, or the lodge door is still ajar.
Also if Netflix goes ahead again they (and production companies working with them) usually post filings very early. We'll know long before shooing starts (in usual circumstances).
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

Histeria wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:43 pm I interpreted it as it's so boring right now in 2021 ("my weekend projects are the same as my weekday projects") but I'm thinking of 2022 for things to change.

interesting! didn't think of it this way but i think it's plausible for sure now that i see it

Jasper wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:43 am
dud wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:55 pm I think the idea that David is waiting out covid due to health reasons is pretty unlikely. In my opinion it just doesn’t fit his personality. I mean the dude is 76 and smokes and had a milk shake at bob’s big boy every day, do you think he’s the type to live recklessly or cautiously?
It might be both Lynch's concerns as well as costs. We know that in 2020 Lynch wasn’t even seeing his wife and young daughter, aside from waving to them from afar. He probably still smokes, but he’s tried multiple times to quit, and he’s cut out most sugar for health reasons, and for that matter, the most recent daily diet of his that I’ve heard about is/was severely austere.

oh wow i didn't know a lot of this, good to know. i'd say though that it's tough to judge how he feels now based on how careful he was in 2020 when his mindset could have changed a lot once he got the vaccine

DougieJones wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:14 am Also there was an interview of Lynch during the pandemic I believe and he was smoking during it

yeah i think this was summer of 2020? although it's conceivable he has stopped since then unless there is evidence otherwise

and thank you for the warm welcome everyone :)

and thank you brad for sharing that info! appreciate concrete news, whether it is exciting or a bummer lol. would rather have my hopes confirmed or dashed rather than be in this limbo lol

another thing i think about a lot: is there any real evidence one way or the other of unrecorded night/wisteria being the same project or being two different projects? maybe it is unlikely for lynch to have been pursuing two different projects on two different avenues but who knows. i've always assumed they were the same project but would be curious to see any evidence pointing in one direction or the other. (as an aside, i've never cared whether or not UN/wisteria was twin peaks related or not, both would be equally exciting, just want more lynch vibes!!!)
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I had assumed Unrecorded and Wisteria were the same project, because the Unrecorded copyrights were 13 eps and the guy on reddit said 13,
all seemed to be the same wibbly wobbly ball of stuff.

But then again, when people are pitching stuff, sometimes they throw a few things around and see what sticks, i.e. The Lemurians and Twin Peaks.

and Mark Frost had another pilot , The Repair Shop, he tried to get going same time he was developing Buddy Faro.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

To be fair, Brad only said it's Twin Peaks that's not on the radar at P+. If the project is something different, it could still happen under P+, right?
I'll see you in the trees
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Well if it was true that Twin Peaks was supposed to come after Unrecorded Night then it would make sense that Paramount+ isn’t on the radar for TP right now. Lynch is focusing on UN/Wisteria with Netflix and back off pause right now as people are claiming. Maybe the answer is just as simple at that.

I’ve been thinking and I do think UN/Wisteria is TP related and might just be a TP prequel. It could be Lynch’s own version of Twin Peaks, just as Frost’s books were Frosts’s Twin Peaks. If we go back to the rumors of it being in the 50’s, it might be more of Lynch’s vision of the history outside of the books. After the budget problems during S3 you never know.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Who's claiming that?
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Was referring to the Scare Mag tweet mainly and based on some stuff I’ve heard privately.

I talked with someone recently and was told that they indeed heard that things were moving again in Lynchworld. I was told that it’s probably Lynch’s Netflix show re-entering production coming out of the woods.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah I'd discount the scare mag one, myself. Most of their "scoops" are from Actors Access, PW/PB/PL, twitter, reddit, and Sneaky Dave (I'm not joking on the last one).

Interesting that you've heard things privately.

P.S the Frost interview is now live
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/fil ... 85620?mt=2
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I can’t really go into major specifics but I was told specifically that multiple people have heard that things were moving again. So we shall see.

Thank you Brad for the concrete info btw! It’s much appreciated and definitely adds some much needed insight into what’s going on.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks for recapping it Histeria.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Histeria wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:45 pm Yeah I'd discount the scare mag one, myself. Most of their "scoops" are from Actors Access, PW/PB/PL, twitter, reddit, and Sneaky Dave (I'm not joking on the last one).

Eh? What? I've been used in a 'scoop'?

This is a momentous day.

Just about to listen to the podcast whilst sat at my desk 'working'.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:53 am
Histeria wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:45 pm Yeah I'd discount the scare mag one, myself. Most of their "scoops" are from Actors Access, PW/PB/PL, twitter, reddit, and Sneaky Dave (I'm not joking on the last one).

Eh? What? I've been used in a 'scoop'?

This is a momentous day.

Just about to listen to the podcast whilst sat at my desk 'working'.
Well, I mean, we did determine long ago that you're David Lynch :D
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)