Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah there’s a lot of really good stuff in here.

What he does discuss with Lynch is the ongoing enormous consumer marketing interest. “More than most of our shows, ‘Twin Peaks’ has a consumer products angle that we’re not used to seeing,” he said. “There’s constant interest in ‘Twin Peaks,’ and that’s something we do talk to David about because I want him to have total control over every exploitation of the show.”

This might explain why David is now the only person listed on Twin Peaks Productions and not Mark Frost. He wanted a bigger hand in the consumer aspect of the brand like theorized before. Also David Nevins says he only talks to David about it which makes it even the more likely.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:46 pm Yeah there’s a lot of really good stuff in here.

What he does discuss with Lynch is the ongoing enormous consumer marketing interest. “More than most of our shows, ‘Twin Peaks’ has a consumer products angle that we’re not used to seeing,” he said. “There’s constant interest in ‘Twin Peaks,’ and that’s something we do talk to David about because I want him to have total control over every exploitation of the show.”

This might explain why David is now the only person listed on Twin Peaks Productions and not Mark Frost. He wanted a bigger hand in the consumer aspect of the brand like theorized before. Also David Nevins says he only talks to David about it which makes it even the more likely.
TPP did recently file new trademark registrations for all sorts of memorabilia and apparel within the last year or two.

The management of TPP is still a mystery but Frost is still heading Rancho Rosa and he still owns the half the whole thing even if the filings show he no longer has his previous job role.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Histeria wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:26 am
enumbs wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:57 am I think the conclusion of season 3 works brilliantly as an ending, but I also have no problem viewing it as a cliffhanger. If we get another season then a part of me will mourn for what felt like a powerful final statement, but I am confident that Lynch (and potentially Frost) will be able to take us to a destination every bit as meaningful. Lynch always describes the show as a continuing story, so I wouldn’t be surprised if any future season ends on a similar note of uncertainty.

I would be really surprised if the roadhouse scenes are integrated into the plot in any concrete way however. I can imagine further mysterious allusions to various subjects the patrons discuss, but I just find it hard to view a scene like the Sky Ferreira one with the armpit rash as anything approaching a traditional narrative setup. There is an elliptical quality there that feels wholly intentional to me, although I could be wrong of course.
I agree it works as an ending. I just don't think the evidence supports suggestions it intended to be the ending.
I'm not arguing this either way, but there is one piece of evidence that could be considered strong: there's no electricity sound over the Lynch/Frost logo that ends Part 18. That has an air of finality about it.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Guys…..
Attachments
2881E1CD-0FB4-4AC0-B903-99DEC7FBC74F.jpeg
2881E1CD-0FB4-4AC0-B903-99DEC7FBC74F.jpeg (593.41 KiB) Viewed 4642 times
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

They said a Thor trailer will drop today (or tomorrow, not sure of time zones) which I think isn't widely reported.

Let's see if that pans out.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Probably stems from this viral tweet about Thor’s trailer dropping tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/movie_news_plus/sta ... 05729?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Does Scare Mag have a history of being reliable with this kind of thing? I note they don't have as many followers on Twitter as I'd expect for a publication. I've never heard of them but the only ones I recognise in this arena, aside from the larger publications, would be We've Got This Covered (who people say are unreliable but I've seen them post a couple of things that were right) and Viewer Anon (who I believe did change his profile picture to Coop back when the original rumours were floating around - but that was like 2 years ago and he later said he only did it as a fan).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

They have a rumour mill thingy on their website.

From looking at their tweets, I get the picture they're getting info from casting services and production listings. Anyone with access to them would know Marvel have been casting for tonnes of roles since the middle of last year, seemingly beyond the titles already announced.

However, I can't find anything to point towards the Netflix deal being revived (distinct from "Lynch is preparing a project of any type"). Though tbf to them they said the Lynch project is being revived not that it would necessarily resume on Netflix.

So if this is based on anything at all beyond guesswork or parroting other tweets then it's probably a personal source rather than the monitoring of industry trades.

I'll still be waiting for further independent corroboration. But the trend certainty isn't discouraging.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The way it's worded does imply something paused during the pandemic (as it has been heavily speculated UN/Wistera might have been) so could be conjecture on their part. Also based on the tweet that went out from the other account and the bit of buzz it got on Twitter. The wording could sort of imply Twin Peaks, I guess, if you consider it too being "paused" since 2017.

I think these kind of tweets are fun and all but if it's not a larger publication or someone with a known history of being a reliable leaker I can't see any reason to get too excited. Could be encouraging - and again not being a naysayer - but have to say I'm not feeling it so far. (But for the optimists or quasi-optimists like myself, that in itself could be a good thing as whenever I've boarded the Hype Train in the past it's never left the station!)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

If UN/Wisteria is truly resurrected do we think it’s related to TP.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

That's the neverending question we've debated on here endlessly, isn't it? The consensus is still pretty much "no idea", I think. The primary indicator perhaps saying no is if it's with Netflix (but even then that's not a given).

Speaking of publications like this, have HHM ever said anything more?
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

It’s a question that won’t be answered until we see a trailer. I think it might be the Carrie Page Story but we shall see. I don’t think HHM has said anything in a while.
"Jade give two rides."
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

Today’s song recommendation on the weather report is Everybody’s Talkin’.
Last edited by enumbs on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah I chuckled when he said that
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Regardless of the veracity of the recent social media posts, I gotta say it's kind of nice to see this thread/the rumor mill stirring once again. Even if only to start dreaming about new DL material again. Although I do think at a certain point if enough minor players are stirring the pot with rumblings and "I heard this" type of chatter there's probably some level of smoke. One random attention seeker throwing out a blatant troll job for clicks is one thing but if we start to see it pick up steam with others here and there I'll maybe start to take it a little more seriously.