Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by sneakydave »

Just catching up. Seems a bit odd he'd be posting and deleting tweets throughout the course of the day relating to it. I take it none of these tweets gave any other information in addition to his original tweet?

I've said tweet far too many times.

I'm not holding out any hope tbh. Just another in a long line of vague info that served to get us excited and led nowhere.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Paying attention to such self-indulgent social media blurps by total no-names and devoting energy to deciphering them is a fool's errand, we should've learned that much by now. And I'm not saying it to be insulting to anybody, I'm just stating what I see as a fact.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Histeria wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:41 am
Agent Earle wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:38 am Paying attention to such self-indulgent social media blurps by total no-names and devoting energy to deciphering them is a fool's errand, we should've learned that much by now. And I'm not saying it to be insulting to anybody, I'm just stating what I see as a fact.
Well he's not a no name and I recognised him from his time at a very good film publication years ago.

And not to be insulting to you but you're not the arbiter of what constitutes "fact". Though to be fair to you, you did say "what I see as fact" rather than "what is fact".

I don't see it as "fact" he knows about a new Twin Peaks Season and is tweeting it to let us know, either.

But I do see it as something worthy of discussion here (or worthy of being permitted to discuss here). Albeit that's my subjective judgement call rather than something I'd claim is "fact".

There's a distinction between those two things. And there's lots of space in between, too.
Hey, fair enough! If it gives you pleasure to speculate and discuss on its grounds, go ahead, I'm certainly not stopping you. I just chimed in to say it displays the indicators of BS - as I see it. But if it leads some of you to the conviction that we're on the threshold of something big, I'm happy for you.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I got a bit swept up in it myself last night despite not really taking much stock of the original tweet. Speculation can be fun - and I agree this is the place for us to do just that. But I also agree that it's often time consuming and leads to nothing so we should all temper our expectations.

I think the guy is legit. I'm still not sure I believe whatever he heard is solid info anymore than the rest of what we heard before - though it very well could be. And don't forget, back during prime speculation on here, many online media sources picked up on the news then too and ran with it even though it led to nothing. I'm also not trying to dampen anyone's fun - but I remain highly skeptical of these rumours for now.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Yes, this is what Cooper has been doing all these years in the waiting room, he is merely reading this thread and waiting. And Laura shows up occasionally, and whispers what somebody has just tweeted.

I do not think about S4, if it shows up it shows up. And if it does, maybe it'd be fun to turn the tables on them, and subvert their expectations by not watching it. Instead, I might grab a bottle of fine red Bordeaux and keep reading an interesting book.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

boske wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 am Yes, this is what Cooper has been doing all these years in the waiting room, he is merely reading this thread and waiting. And Laura shows up occasionally, and whispers what somebody has just tweeted.
I love this! As I said a couple of pages back, at times it feels like this thread is the real Season 4 - the endless mystery (speculation) without answers. It feels very meta, very Lynchian. If we ever do get more TP, perhaps we should call it Season 5 instead and keep this as Season 4 - our time between worlds, between seasons, between lodges, between patience!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

https://twitter.com/danielrw89/status/1 ... 86337?s=21

“I'd heard something at least was meant to getting announced in the near future”

“I saw a Twin Peaks Twitter account that has always been good for stuff tweet a single full-stop which seemed enigmatic and ominous. Whatever happens, if it does, will be fascinating I’m sure.”
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

That's Jerry's account they're referring to. I didn't read into his tweet as knowing anything - more perphaps just an acknowledgement of the rumour, plus he later retweeted the tweet with a fun X-FIles "I Want To Believe". But I can't speak for him of course - so Jerry, let us know your thoughts!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Ah okay wasn’t sure if they were talking about Jerry or not. Only time will tell I’m still holding my breath for something on Twin Peaks Day. Would be interesting if Lynch puts any little hints in the weather report today.

This is a stupid theory and not based on anything whatsoever but Sabrina privated her Instagram account right before TP Day. Is it possible that they are announcing something and she went on private right before the storm.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I did think she might have gone private because she thought something was about to leak online, but your version makes more sense. Then again, let's face it - it's probably just that she got sick of people constantly asking her about TP on there or reading a lot into all her posts - and assumed that would increase leading up to it. Though even if she's gone private can't everyone who's still following her still see all her posts? And I'm guessing a lot of TP fans follow her on there.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am I did think she might have gone private because she thought something was about to leak online, but your version makes more sense. Then again, let's face it - it's probably just that she got sick of people constantly asking her about TP on there or reading a lot into all her posts - and assumed that would increase leading up to it. Though even if she's gone private can't everyone who's still following her still see all her posts? And I'm guessing a lot of TP fans follow her on there.
Yeah going on private doesn’t erase her already existing follows so the people that have been badgering her are still following her and seeing her posts. So if it was about to get much worse she might have gone on private because she knows her account is going to get a lot of attention.
"Jade give two rides."