Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by AXX°N N. »

Jasper wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:29 am I was remembering the issue as having to do with the ending, but according to Lynch, Ronnie Rocket is missing the “big idea.” It’s surprising, since he seems to have put no small amount of effort into it, and since it’s such a legendary unmade work among Lynch fans. We might expect that the presence of a “big idea” would have been what was driving him in the first place. I guess not, or perhaps over time he grew to feel that it was missing some major thing, while he possibly didn’t feel that way earlier on. Who knows?
Never knew that, interesting ... Come to think of it, I have always felt it was missing something, or more like, the disparity between drafts changes the focus in extreme and odd ways for something I was sure was a cohesive idea. I can't remember if it's the first or second draft, but one of them I prefer waaaay more than the other, but I still had trouble imagining it as a full work on-screen.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 pm
Mordeen wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 pm The ski resort is called Big Mountain, which is indeed in Whitefish. Whitefish is about 10 miles north of Kalispell, and a log cabin in Kalispell is mentioned in Season One, specifically by Truman to Cooper, as owned by Philip Gerard. Hawk went there to check it out.

I also happen to live in a log house in Kalispell.

If Lynch was in Whitefish last week he likely would have been disappointed since the normal clean air and Rocky Mountain views have been sullied by a blanket of smoke from forest fires for about a month, unless he wasn't here for the sky but instead for scouting...

- Mordeen
Let’s Rock!
No local business owners that I've talked to can corroborate the report of Lynch being in Whitefish, let alone Kalispell, Big Fork, Evergreen, Columbia Falls, Hungry Horse, Lakeside or otherwise. He's not someone who blends in up here.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Nice to see you back Mordeen.

Are you still confident that “news is coming” or should I stop my daily clue hunt?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Stavrogyn wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:48 am
Jasper wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:29 am At least we got the inspired appearance of Jimmy Scott singing Sycamore Trees in ep. 29.
Probably my favourite moment of whole Twin Peaks.
It really was a stroke a brilliance.
AXX°N N. wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:44 pm Come to think of it, I have always felt it was missing something, or more like, the disparity between drafts changes the focus in extreme and odd ways for something I was sure was a cohesive idea. I can't remember if it's the first or second draft, but one of them I prefer waaaay more than the other, but I still had trouble imagining it as a full work on-screen.
It's been a long time since I looked at those scripts. I think the Sycamore Trees part might have been in the first draft. "I'll ring your neck!" "No, no!" Something like that. Then wasn't there one ending set in a room with a floating Hindu deity? That might have been the first draft as well, but my recollections are very vague.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 6050809857

Lynch with Scott Cameron. No idea if this is a recent pic but if so that would be...notable to say the least.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I looked at the pic. I cant tell if it's new or around the time he got the honorary oscar.

some folks say they can see props, scene breakdowns, and actors lists in those notebooks, blurry mess when I tried to zoom in,
could be his schedule , lists of paintings.

he's worked with scott cameron for lots of years, going all the way back to cowboy and the frenchman, so he prob considers him a good friend, maybe he had him over to his house around at the time of the oscar.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

It looks like a new picture as Lynch looks the same as in recent videos. But if so isn't it a bit weird they'd just whip the Oscar out and pose with it if they were just getting together for dinner/to look over notes or whatever reason (even if planning a project)? It would make more sense if it was taken around the time of Lynch winning the Oscar. Unless he asked to see it and Sabrina thought "hey this might make a fun photo" or something. At least it gives us something new to talk about here.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

my hunch is it's from the time of the oscar. Cowboy and the Frenchman is going back 30 years, so he probably considers Scott a friend , beloved co worker, big part of the team.

Seems odd they would pose with an honorary oscar a few years later, and they're sitting fairly close together, in the midst of all this delta covid stuff, that seems odd. If they were talking pre prod stuff in this day and age, would probably be on zoom or something.

Fate Colassal claims to see 7" in one of the notebooks in the image and the word suffolk, could be fine art related, measurement of a litho or something. the hamptons are in suffolk, a lot of art collectors there, Isabella Rosellini lives out there.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Don't think it's a new photo based on the way Lynch looks.

You can almost make out the text on the form. Someone really dedicated to UN sleuthing could try running the photo through one of those upscalers like Gigapixel, lol
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

talent in front of the camera like Kyle and Laura Dern get a lion's share of press attention, but when you think about it, a 1st A.D. does a hell of a lot of heavy lifting on set, 16 hour days, does a lot of unpleasant work with making things run on time, and to be Lynch's AD for so many projects, they must get on and he must be excellent at what he does, original Twin Peaks, On the Air, Hotel Room, Lost Highway, Straight Story, Mulholland, TP Return.

I was reading an interview recently with Jim Jarmusch in Vulture where he said the 1st Assistant Director has the most stressful job on set, 'Every AD has back problems. They have high blood pressure. They’re all messed-up. It’s the roughest job on a film.'

Makes sense to me after winning an honorary lifetime achievement oscar, Lynch would invite Scott Cameron over, since he's been a big part of it, and his work should be appreciated.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:06 pm talent in front of the camera like Kyle and Laura Dern get a lion's share of press attention, but when you think about it, a 1st A.D. does a hell of a lot of heavy lifting on set, 16 hour days, does a lot of unpleasant work with making things run on time, and to be Lynch's AD for so many projects, they must get on and he must be excellent at what he does, original Twin Peaks, On the Air, Hotel Room, Lost Highway, Straight Story, Mulholland, TP Return.

I was reading an interview recently with Jim Jarmusch in Vulture where he said the 1st Assistant Director has the most stressful job on set, 'Every AD has back problems. They have high blood pressure. They’re all messed-up. It’s the roughest job on a film.'

Makes sense to me after winning an honorary lifetime achievement oscar, Lynch would invite Scott Cameron over, since he's been a big part of it, and his work should be appreciated.
For sure. If you watch the behind the scenes footage of TR, you’ll see Scott way more than anyone besides Lynch himself.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Is Scott the one who was repressing Lynch, preventing him from going dreamy?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

it's a male voice off camera I think, maybe Scott. Assistant Directors usually have to tell hard truths about logistics and schedules and get things to run on time
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

It's definitely him, and Sabrina is there as well. And yeah, I'm guessing that's mild relative to what goes on with most productions. Even in that exchange it's clear they're friends and close colleagues.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:28 pm my hunch is it's from the time of the oscar. Cowboy and the Frenchman is going back 30 years, so he probably considers Scott a friend , beloved co worker, big part of the team.

Seems odd they would pose with an honorary oscar a few years later, and they're sitting fairly close together, in the midst of all this delta covid stuff, that seems odd. If they were talking pre prod stuff in this day and age, would probably be on zoom or something
He got the Oscar in October 2019. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the first in-person meeting they've had since then. And the fact that they have notepads in front of them is notable as well, imo.

As for covid, I mean we know he was at the post-house recently. Not hard to believe he's had a few vaccinated friends over his place (if that's where this pic was taken).
Last edited by BGate on Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.