Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am Are there any good examples of directors who've directed remotely? Not sure if Lynch would sign up for it, but could see it being a good idea in general for certain circumstances, inability to travel, time constraints, etc. Even just to instruct a second unit or oversee second unit photography/production.
Could you argue George Lucas sorta did that on the Star Wars prequels, lol?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Almost at the end of the week where the reddit rumour said production would begin and still nary a sound. Safe to assume it was all bs or has some form of production/pre-production very quietly begun? I'm leaning towards the former, alas.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:33 am Almost at the end of the week where the reddit rumour said production would begin and still nary a sound. Safe to assume it was all bs or has some form of production/pre-production very quietly begun? I'm leaning towards the former, alas.
Probably BS. Like most of the rumours that are doing the rounds probably. Hope I'm wrong, mind.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yawn.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:25 pm
Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:33 am Almost at the end of the week where the reddit rumour said production would begin and still nary a sound. Safe to assume it was all bs or has some form of production/pre-production very quietly begun? I'm leaning towards the former, alas.
Probably BS. Like most of the rumours that are doing the rounds probably. Hope I'm wrong, mind.
Sabrina posting a lot of memes of late, selfie... dunno if an active $85 mill production was underway, the producer would be pausing this much for social media posts, replying to comments etc..
so i'm gonna guess, that guy on reddit @therodehaus was prob wrong about production starting this week.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Agent Earle wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:04 pmYawn.
Anyone who posts 'yawn' is being even more yawnworthy.

The truth is nobody here seems to know anything. Why can't you revel in the mystery?
Last edited by NormoftheAndes on Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

sneakydave wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:17 pm
Stavrogyn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 am
eyeboogers wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:04 am I another small country (Denmark) our numbers have five doubled in a couple of weeks, due to Eurocup parties :-(
Oh, yeah, I can imagine :o My people are the same: if we are winning, there is no stopping us going to the streets and celebrating like crazy.
I'm in Scotland. We don't have cause to take to the streets and celebrate over football. :D
This year we didn't either. We won only one match, and that was against your team, but I guess you probably don't know how fearful we were of that game. It was the first time ever that we won against Scotland. Scotland was among the few remaining teams that we never won against, like Brazil, France, and Portugal.

However, if the pandemic had been around back in 2018, my whole country would have been infected.

And apologies to anyone not really interested in all this talk about football / soccer! I will try to control myself and stop talking about it.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:10 am

The truth is nobody here seems to know anything. Why can't you revel in the mystery?
Because the more I think about it, the clearer the answer that presents itself is: nobody (here or anywhere else) knows anything because there's nothing to know about. Sometimes, the simplest and the most obvious answer truly is the right one. But, please, feel free to share whichever "mysterious" information you have on your person - I already invited you to do so once, since you're giving off the vibe that something's in the works. Alas, we got zilch from you.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Oh, one other thing: if this info you're holding back should start with "I know a person who knows a person who knows a person who's really close to some of the Lynch people ...", I'll know exactly what category of "news" your statement should be filed under.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am

Because the more I think about it, the clearer the answer that presents itself is: nobody (here or anywhere else) knows anything because there's nothing to know about. Sometimes, the simplest and the most obvious answer truly is the right one. But, please, feel free to share whichever "mysterious" information you have on your person - I already invited you to do so once, since you're giving off the vibe that something's in the works. Alas, we got zilch from you.
Once again you’re ignoring the fact that Lynch and Sabrina both said they would have been working on a film or continuing story if not for the pandemic.

There could have been a further delay or even a cancellation of course, but your repeated insistence that “there’s nothing to know about” is not justifiable I’m afraid.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I think he told the literary magazine interviewers, 'I don’t know for sure, but I’d probably be making a film or continuing story'. that could mean he was pitching stuff and even without covid, it may or may not have worked out. He did try and get Antelope off the ground for a good few years, amongst various other things. Some projects work out, some don't.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

'Yawn.' The thing is, if anyone here knew something 100 percent concrete, would they really post it up on a message board? That's what PMs are made for, to people they've known for some time who they trust.

Being known for general unpleasantness and misanthropy here A Earle, nobody's going to share anything with you.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:58 am

'Yawn.' The thing is, if anyone here knew something 100 percent concrete, would they really post it up on a message board? That's what PMs are made for, to people they've known for some time who they trust.

Being known for general unpleasantness and misanthropy here A Earle, nobody's going to share anything with you.
Oh, gosh damn, sorry everyone for stealin' your time. I guess y'all are in the loop on account of Norm sharing his classified Lynch-related information with you PM-wise, him being in the know and sucha all-around pleasant guy 'n' all. Ah shucks, I musta been left out for being an A-hole. Norm, pretty please, don't leave me wanderin' in the dark here, I promise I'll be good! Heck, I'll even knit you a woolly sweater if you lemme in on your secret!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Now now kids, play nice in the sandbox together.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.