Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by eyeboogers »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:45 pm
I agree. All due respect to BRM, who do great work from what I’ve read, but has Lynch ever agreed to be interviewed by them? Does he have any relationship with them?
Without in any way implying that Blue Rose will be the ones to announce a new Lynch project, unless I misremember the final issue of Wrapped in Plastic magazine did feature a Lynch interview. John Thorne was the co-editor of WIP and is now serving in a similar capacity for Blue Rose.

Regardless I hope the announcement of the Lynch project happens soon, this has now dragged on so long that even Mordeen has started posting in frustrated Dobbelganger-mode (we've all been there). I personally really like Lissie's contribution to "The Return". Let's just hope and assume that there is no need to even consider a replacement for Badalamenti. There was not that many new compositions of his in The Return, but what was there was stellar.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

underthefan wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 am I find the possibility that BRM know something and will be announcing it on Thursday WILDLY optimistic, but to each their own. :lol:
Same.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Is it about the bunny?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

What is a bunny, really?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Depends on whether or not it's chocolate.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Agent Earle wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:52 am It's probably the day the new coffee cups with TP logos they've ordered for the office are expected to arrive. :D
Way more likely! :D
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What if they've ordered chocolate bunnies too?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm stuck in a bunny loop.

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Jonah wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:05 am What if they've ordered chocolate bunnies too?
Hey, I'd die for a frogmoth-shaped paperweight!
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Bit surprised to see the NIN kick-back. I thought that some of the songs felt .. not throwaway, because I loved the majority of them, but, most of them served purely as a 'here's a little denouement into the credits for some semblance of episodic structure'. But, the NIN's one felt hand-in-glove with the tone of that episode. I *loved* Reznor's kind of demonic laughter, and just how grimey the song was (evoked The Pink Room for me). It's telling that it's one of the few that is slotted into the middle of the episode rather than near the end. And I say that as someone who doesn't really listen to NIN.

But, on that note: yes, him and Atticus Ross are some of the best composers working out there today. From their work with Fincher to something like Soul? They have a wonderful restraint about their music. I'd just say, in a hypothetical world where Season 4 or a related spin-off came out and it was announced they were doing the score? I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Especially given that Part 18 makes me think that Twin Peaks (if there is anymore) is in a vibe way divorced from Badalamenti's more iconic TP sounds than even Season 3 was (though, you do of course have Dark Space Low which is one of the most soul-sinking heart-crushing sounds out there). Not saying Badalementi couldn't do it or anything, he's obviously talented. But, I think of Richard in Judy's Diner and the imagery of that episode, and, shit, yeah, I could see a Reznor/Ross score. But this is all super hypothetical anyway.

Anyway, god, this waiting hurts. Just tell me what's happening so I can prepare myself for more Peaks or something new entirely.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Rudagger wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 am Bit surprised to see the NIN kick-back. I thought that some of the songs felt .. not throwaway, because I loved the majority of them, but, most of them served purely as a 'here's a little denouement into the credits for some semblance of episodic structure'. But, the NIN's one felt hand-in-glove with the tone of that episode. I *loved* Reznor's kind of demonic laughter, and just how grimey the song was (evoked The Pink Room for me). It's telling that it's one of the few that is slotted into the middle of the episode rather than near the end. And I say that as someone who doesn't really listen to NIN.
I've never liked or cared about NIN in any way shape or form, but I agree that the song and visuals worked just right in part 8.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I'm a very casual NIN fan - I enjoy some of their stuff and am also oblivious to much of their catalogue. I thought that song worked pretty well in its context, moreso than many.

Must say I am amused at so many that are convinced an announcement / production of something is imminent. I really, really would not be getting my hopes up for more TP. A separate Netflix series seems possible, but I've really not seen any hard proof or had any conversation recently that leads me to a scintila of the hype around here lately. The wisteria posts on social media are a big joke, tbh.

When trailers and some familiar faces are spotted around Calvert, I'll change my tune. Not being a Debby downer - just going off what I see and hear. All this said, I'd love to be totally wrong! :lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Brad, what about the person you mentioned who was contacted for a role? Without revealing more, does that give any indication whether this might be more TP or not? I understand if you don't want to/can't say more. Just curious about that.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

And since you're here, Brad, does my memory serve me correctly if I remember you mentioning an unrelated solo Frost project coming sometime in an unspecified future? Practically nothing has been heard on that front sans your vague word a good number of months ago. Does that still stand, according to your knowledge? You're not obliged to answer if it could cause trouble for whomever, of course.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jonah wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:53 am Brad, what about the person you mentioned who was contacted for a role? Without revealing more, does that give any indication whether this might be more TP or not? I understand if you don't want to/can't say more. Just curious about that.
That person has never been in TP - but I suppose that's one little thing keeping some hope alive for me, whatever this Netflix thing is.