Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

Rainwater wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:37 am LateReg, I think you're thinking of the user counterpaul. I love his posts too. He was definitely on the wavelength.
Yes, that is whom I speak of! Thanks!
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

underthefan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:02 pm I told y'all not to pay attention to anything Sherilyn says or does. :roll:

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 72514?s=20
Surely that goes for this latest statement, too :D
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

It does if you've ever taken her seriously. :lol:
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

What's the issue with Fenn? She's clearly in on it all.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:34 pm What's the issue with Fenn? She's clearly in on it all.
Is she? She wasn’t signed for TR until very near the end of production and was publicly calling L/F sexist for not offering her more money. She’s not exactly inner circle. I think it’s most likely that she heard the same rumors we did and was trying to get attention and/or hoping to be cast. Now she’s walking it back and playing cagey.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

She knows absolutely nothing. It's a ploy for attention (clearly successful) and a job from Lynch (which I, for one, hope is not). Even if this is new Twin Peaks, it doesn't need Audrey. Cooper and Laura are the only essential characters.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:57 am I’m currently watching a Dutch show called Undercover and if they wanna cast Philip Jeffries they should cast Raymond Thiry.

He actually looks like a mix between Ray Wise and David Bowie
Well now, he does have the look. Just lighten his hair and provide him with a little extra hair in front, and give him one special contact lens to make his eyes mismatched. After that its just down to his acting skills.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:43 pm
NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:34 pm What's the issue with Fenn? She's clearly in on it all.
Is she? She wasn’t signed for TR until very near the end of production and was publicly calling L/F sexist for not offering her more money. She’s not exactly inner circle. I think it’s most likely that she heard the same rumors we did and was trying to get attention and/or hoping to be cast. Now she’s walking it back and playing cagey.
How do you know who is 'inner circle' or not at this current time? We've gone through a major pandemic - it seems reasonable that some of the Twin Peaks cast have a bit of an in-joke going on, even if they don't know the full reasoning. I don't think Kyle even knows everything.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

underthefan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:22 pm She knows absolutely nothing. It's a ploy for attention (clearly successful) and a job from Lynch (which I, for one, hope is not). Even if this is new Twin Peaks, it doesn't need Audrey. Cooper and Laura are the only essential characters.
Ok, you mean you didn't like Audrey in The Return? In terms of essential characters, Laura is dead. I'd agree that Cooper is essential as long as he has an actual storyline.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:28 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:43 pm
How do you know who is 'inner circle' or not at this current time? We've gone through a major pandemic - it seems reasonable that some of the Twin Peaks cast have a bit of an in-joke going on, even if they don't know the full reasoning. I don't think Kyle even knows everything.
I just don’t think Lynch and Fenn have ever been friends, the way that he is currently with Kyle, and has historically been with Laura Dern and Naomi Watts. I think they respect each other professionally despite periodic conflicts. But I’ve never seen any indication that he talks to her socially outside of the times they work together. I don’t see any reason for her to know anything unless she is cast in it. Which she could be! But I don’t see any evidence of that beyond her own notoriously erratic/meandering social media posts, and I think it’s equally and in fact arguably way more likely that she’s just saying stuff to get attention. Kyle and Sabrina seem way more likely to actually know something. Sabrina especially obviously, if something is going on, she knows. Their posts interest me much more.

I’m not saying I don’t want to see more Audrey. I do. But I see no hard evidence that Sherilyn at this moment in time knows any more than the rest of us about whatever this is (and I’m still not at all convinced it’s Peaks).
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

I was suggesting that 2020 onwards has been a very different time - so I can imagine that Sabrina (Lynch maybe) have contacted some of the cast like Fenn. It seems a possibility to me all things considered.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I think Norm should do some sleuthing on Mrs. Fenn front - as he's clearly somewhat familiar with her - and then report back to us.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It could be, sure. We’re all shootin’ in the dark here. But keep in mind that TR was in the works script-wise since 2011. While there were admittedly initial “feelers” put out for some if not all of the original cast members during the scripting phase, actual casting/offers were by all accounts done pretty last minute, with Fenn not cast until like seven months into the production, and Lynch seemingly willing to work around the people he ended up not getting (Ontkean, MJA, Fenn almost until nearly the end of production) as opposed to pinning everyone down up front like most productions would. It seemed to be a very...improvisatory casting process, despite the enormous lead time. Since way less time has passed between seasons than last time, Lynch may feel the “feeler” calls aren’t necessary, and idk, maybe his preference would be to cast last-minute again and not give anyone a heads-up until necessary. Given his paranoia and secrecy, it just doesn’t strike me as his style to give actors an unnecessary heads-up during a pandemic when no work could be done. Who knows. There are so many variables. I just think almost any assumption is basically inevitably going to be guesswork. I certainly acknowledge that Sherilyn COULD know something. I just don’t see it as the most obvious foregone conclusion based on the evidence.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

No one seems to know much of anything about when or what the production will be . . . seems silly to me to criticize a former cast member for posting pictures of wisteria to their Instagram or Twitter accounts when they are known to post a lot anyway (just because you don’t like or have an interest in what someone posts doesn’t mean they are erratic or unstable) — someone could say the same about people posting a lot on this forum.

If someone doesn’t like someone’s Twitter or Instagram account, then why keep reading it, obsessing over it, and posting about it? I understand wanting to gleam info from any any social media hints that are out there, but let’s leave personal feelings about former cast members out of it please.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

If your post (or some portion of it) was directed as me, Hester, because you mentioned the word erratic, which I used: I didn’t mean to imply that Sherilyn herself is erratic, and certainly I don’t believe I ever used the word unstable. I was referring to her posts themselves as erratic, and that was admittedly perhaps a bad word choice. The dictionary definition of erratic is, “not even or regular in pattern or movement; unpredictable.” That’s all I meant. But perhaps a better word that would have more captured my intended meaning would be, “spontaneous.” It seems like Sherilyn posts whatever she feels like in any given moment, and I have no issue with that. I just think it’s a bit unwise to read too much deeper into her meaning when she posts random flower photos that may or may not relate to a potential show about which she may or may not have direct knowledge (and hasn’t claimed to have any knowledge—in fact, denied it), which was my point. I didn’t mean to criticize her as a person at all.

EDIT: And, looking back and rereading my posts, I also said I believed she was trying to get attention, which I suppose can be read as a bit judgmental. But in terms of a discussion we were having about why someone would post something potentially provocative on social media, where a primary goal IS to get attention and likes etc. (as an alternative to her actually knowing something about the show as Norm was saying), I stand by that and don’t believe it’s out of bounds. I was talking about her potential motives in terms of what she may or may not know, which is the purpose of this thread.