Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:54 pm
Jonah wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:13 pm What are your thoughts?
KPJK.jpg
Love it, hope you're right!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

With slightly more things indicating that it is more Twin Peaks than not.
That's a superbly pithy and accurate way of putting it!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Well The DavidLynchtheater1 account has another story up today. Second this year after yesterday's mysterious one that was swiftly deleted.

So it's safe to assume the one yesterday wasn't an accident.

Also..
https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 72357?s=19
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Is it bad that I had no idea who Amy Shiels was until just now? Gotta bone up on my minor TP S3 character actors, I guess!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

This is for you Ickles. Image
Last edited by Jonah on Fri May 28, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Can someone remind me what episode my Lucy gif is from? Is it the thunderstorm episode where the judge arrives?
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Jonah wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:31 am Can someone remind me what episode my Lucy gif is from? Is it the thunderstorm episode where the judge arrives?
I think it is, yes.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

peculiar thing, town of 51,200 people has neither a courthouse/ or a county wide courthouse, judge has to come in and try cases in the bar (owned by a canadian crime family.)
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:10 am peculiar thing, town of 51,200 people has neither a courthouse/ or a county wide courthouse, judge has to come in and try cases in the bar (owned by a canadian crime family.)
:lol: right?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i guess if twin peaks citizens get summoned for jury duty, they have to listen to cases in the roadhouse.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

TP always looks and feels like a town of 5,000 people to me. Maybe Ben Horne made up the 50,000 number to attract investors for Ghostwood?

I don't mind the Roadhouse doubling as the courthouse... although it does make me think about Cooper's press conference in the pilot. That looked close enough to a room that would be in a city government building. Odd they have something like that but no courthouse.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

It was supposed to be 5,120 or something until the network made them add another digit - so a good in universe explanation could just be that the sign is misprinted and the population is around 5,000.
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

Jonah wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:42 pm It was supposed to be 5,120 or something until the network made them add another digit - so a good in universe explanation could just be that the sign is misprinted and the population is around 5,000.
IIRC that is in fact the explanation offered by the Twin Peaks Access Guide—the actual population was revealed to be not 51,201 but rather 5,120.1!
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPcKeLWnFjc ... =copy_link

(for those who can't or don't feel like opening the link, Kimmy Robertson posted what looks like a wisteria plant)