Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

True. It's shorter and as you said easier to tease with photos of plants.
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:37 am (also, what would the photo possibly be)?
The phonograph in the Fireman's place? The static on the TV at the beginning of FWWM? Laura's body disappearing? Laura screaming at the end while Cooper says "what year is this"? Lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Unrecorded could be in reference to objective vs subjective memory, whether an event happened if it's not been recorded or not. The nature of stories, Rashoman and all that, everyone remembers things differently. Fred Madison not liking video cameras etc, in his case repressing, blocking out memories of the murder. The idea being he is a narcissist of some sort who just wants to define what the 'truth' is, and Blake chasing him around with the video camera recording his actions seems to be a stand-in for memory, not being able to escape a recorded memory. I don't know if the words recorded or unrecorded appeared in LH dialogue, "someone broke in and taped us" I think Arquette says, but there was a red recording light with the Blake camera.

The girl in the hotel room in Inland Empire looking at recorded memories on the TV was reminiscent of that to me. I can't remember if IE used a red recording light or not.

Wisteria seems linked to Lynch's love of LA, Juniper trees also he mentions sometimes.

it all leads me to think, oh maybe he wants to push the Monica Bellucci thing, and show some flipside hollywood story with her that would link up with the cafe, and thats why TP productions is playing a role with some IP.

The exact speech about the dreamer living within the dream is how Lynch introduced screenings of IE in 2006.

Possible also this is a Rashoman type deal with a specific night that has multiple different viewpoints we see or something.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i'm not thrilled with the analysis of wisteria and flower pics on instagram and twitter. seems unsettling and uncomfortable to me that Twin Peaks fans think these pictures are talking to them. but thats me.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:37 am ...(also, what would the photo possibly be)?
ur_w_04_19_22_poc.jpg
ur_w_04_19_22_poc.jpg (46.11 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Is that dialogue in the episode or just on that pic?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's not dialogue from The Return.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 am i'm not thrilled with the analysis of wisteria and flower pics on instagram and twitter. seems unsettling and uncomfortable to me that Twin Peaks fans think these pictures are talking to them. but thats me.
I think fans might be reading too much into random photos of wisteria plants, but not the one Kyle posted which actually had the hashtag "#wisteria" attached. That's clearly a tease - either about the upcoming project or just messing around, but either way it was deliberate.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 am
JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 am i'm not thrilled with the analysis of wisteria and flower pics on instagram and twitter. seems unsettling and uncomfortable to me that Twin Peaks fans think these pictures are talking to them. but thats me.
I think fans might be reading too much into random photos of wisteria plants, but not the one Kyle posted which actually had the hashtag "#wisteria" attached. That's clearly a tease - either about the upcoming project or just messing around, but either way it was deliberate.
Yeah, again, as someone who’s usually very skeptical about reading the social media tea leaves, that one seemed pretty cut and dry to me. Kyle knows what’s up. It may have just been a wink or screwing around, but he knew what he was invoking.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah, the Heidi/Andrea Hays one could be quibbled about, you could argue she was just stirring the pot or had learned about the rumours herself as a fan or that she had been contacted, there's a few interpretations. And I didn't think there was much to Hawk's post. But Kyle's was pretty clear. There's only two possibilities - he's messing around or hinting at the project he knows fans are buzzing about, and the former doesn't seem very likely (though it's possible).
Dougie Cooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dougie Cooper »

I can't remember if IE used a red recording light or not.
Speaking of red things in IE, I noticed that the red cup tossed from the small shack in IE was duplicated in TPTR when a red cup came flying out of Becky/Stephens trailer. Whatever that means.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

In relation to Kyle's tweet; i really hope that he is 'in the know'. However as previously mentioned, a number of years ago Lena Heady caused a twitter storm when she tweeted a picture of stones arranged in the shape of a heart. I believe she even hashtagged it as Stoneheart. Everyone got real excited. And nothing happened!
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

ringbearer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:17 pm In relation to Kyle's tweet; i really hope that he is 'in the know'. However as previously mentioned, a number of years ago Lena Heady caused a twitter storm when she tweeted a picture of stones arranged in the shape of a heart. I believe she even hashtagged it as Stoneheart. Everyone got real excited. And nothing happened!
Actors can be fans too. Sometimes they geek out just like us. It’s entirely possible Kyle had his “Lynch fan” hat on there. Time will tell.

(For those who don’t know, Heady was referencing a fairly major storyline from the books that the Game of Thrones TV show ended up completely ignoring.)
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

i think i'm just trying not to get my hopes up (but failing!)

the production/zoom meeting at least implies that he's preparing to work again....I doubt they were just catching up
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:20 pm
ringbearer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:17 pm In relation to Kyle's tweet; i really hope that he is 'in the know'. However as previously mentioned, a number of years ago Lena Heady caused a twitter storm when she tweeted a picture of stones arranged in the shape of a heart. I believe she even hashtagged it as Stoneheart. Everyone got real excited. And nothing happened!
Actors can be fans too. Sometimes they geek out just like us. It’s entirely possible Kyle had his “Lynch fan” hat on there. Time will tell.

(For those who don’t know, Heady was referencing a fairly major storyline from the books that the Game of Thrones TV show ended up completely ignoring.)
I think the difference here is that Kyle didn't just put up a photo of a wisteria plant. He added a "#wisteria" hashtag to it, which seems more deliberate and knowing than just a photo. It's still not concrete proof or anything, but I think it's a bit more than an innocent photo, particularly given it was shortly after Andrea Hays tweet and not long after rumors about Wisteria was circulating on social media.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

yeah like I said, Lena added '#stoneheart' too so it's anyones guess