Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Hester Prynne »

Reminds me of the Judy bug from Episode 8
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I agree that Michael Horse's photo could show an upright conical type of flowering plant, along the lines of Blazing Stars Liatris (but probably not that exact plant). Wisteria hangs downward, and it seems like it usually appears tightly bunched up with a whole lot of additional drooping wisteria stems, and the flowers might not usually be bunched so tightly like that.

I'm pretty skeptical on this one, and I'm very Peaks-skeptical in general, but at least Kyle definitely posted wisteria with the tag and everything.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

@Krishnan go a few pages back to see a discussion about it ;)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Aside from the famous simultaneous tweets from Lynch and Frost that announced the return of Twin Peaks in 2014, have their been any actual examples of Lynch associates "hinting" at a new project on social media? I'm just wondering if there is an actual reason to hyper scrutinize actor's social media for hints? Dropping cryptic hints on Instagram doesn't seem like something Lynch would ask people involved with a potential project to do, and it doesn't seem like something someone involved with the project would do of their own volition.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

ManBehindWinkies wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:03 am Aside from the famous simultaneous tweets from Lynch and Frost that announced the return of Twin Peaks in 2014, have their been any actual examples of Lynch associates "hinting" at a new project on social media? I'm just wondering if there is an actual reason to hyper scrutinize actor's social media for hints? Dropping cryptic hints on Instagram doesn't seem like something Lynch would ask people involved with a potential project to do, and it doesn't seem like something someone involved with the project would do nof their own volitio.

My theory: these potential cast members, production people etc. that have been "dropping hints", as you say, are just like us, casual fans who don't know anything and have gotten mixed up in the general frenzy of anticipation for a new Lynch project, with their own speculations and hints generating the same kinds of unsubstantiated rumours that got them started in the first place, rumours that then get taken for "facts" by stoked fans and click-bait "journalism" eager to see a hint in the presence of a coffee cup in an Instagram post and spread the fire further - and so the cycle goes on and on ad infinitum, until it's impossible to tell what was said in the first place, who was it that said it, when was it said and in what context, what's the truth and what only hearsay etc. etc. It's a maddening state of affairs to be in, but here we are, and will continue to be here, until an official word gets dropped on the subject, one way or the other. As to when that might be, your guess is as good as the next guy's - might be in a few hours, might be in a few years. Heck, the answer might very well be never. And so we'll stay trapped in the Black Lodge forever, with only frogmoths and tulpas keeping us company, passing the time deciphering and doing complicated calculations with "special" numbers which we've gotten from Bob knows where and which might point to that fateful, magical date when It'll finally happen ... :D
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Earle - I thought the same thing with Andrea Hays, but Kyle seems too social media savvy (and too friendly with Lynch these days) to pull that kind of thing without some sort of inside knowledge, and (likely) Lynch’s blessing.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 am Earle - I thought the same thing with Andrea Hays, but Kyle seems too social media savvy (and too friendly with Lynch these days) to pull that kind of thing without some sort of inside knowledge, and (likely) Lynch’s blessing.
But Kyle's latest semi-official answer he gave in an interview (and he's been repeating it in every single interview since The Return, really) points to a different direction, Mr. Reindeer...
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Earle wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 am
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 am Earle - I thought the same thing with Andrea Hays, but Kyle seems too social media savvy (and too friendly with Lynch these days) to pull that kind of thing without some sort of inside knowledge, and (likely) Lynch’s blessing.
But Kyle's latest semi-official answer he gave in an interview (and he's been repeating it in every single interview since The Return, really) points to a different direction, Mr. Reindeer...
Well, I think there’s a big difference between interview comments and a tease on social media. When you’re definitively asked “Is there more TP,” it’s a yes or no question, and of course the company line is deny deny deny (as we saw from Lynch himself, lying through his teeth while he was working on TR). A noncommittal but fun tease on social media is a different beast.

Plus, your response is predicated on the assumption that this Wisteria/Unrecorded Night thing is TP. I’m not so sure. Kyle could easily be telling the truth that there is no TP in the works, but there still IS a new Lynch production he’s teasing.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Hester Prynne wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 pm Reminds me of the Judy bug from Episode 8
Dude, it's a bee. lmao
I'll see you in the trees
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Rainwater wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:35 am
Hester Prynne wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 pm Reminds me of the Judy bug from Episode 8
Dude, it's a bee. lmao
No way, that's definitely Judy.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the Michael Horse post is likely a dead end. i've seen video of him in his yard, he has a lot of plants. plants/flowers/botany is something people are really interested in, particularly homeowners with gardens.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

What is the Circumference of this Circle we're going in?

- Mordeen

fqpvvcmgvjgtkpi
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Agent Earle wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 am . . .might be in a few hours, might be in a few years. Heck, the answer might very well be never.
You left out days, or perhaps months.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Maybe just weeks.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Circle isn't perfectly smooth for me. it's a little jagged.

i did ruminate that some crazy person might just be submitting absolute nonsense to production weekly, but the Glazer post gives me a little
bit of hope.

the social media posts of flowers and plants and dreaming of doughnuts or who kimmy folllows or what so and so clicks like on etc. i have zero confidence/faith in.