Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I'm just saying we live in a day and time where people are willing to dress up like Q anon shaman and break into buildings
because of scant things on the internet and obsessively reading into them.

when I see Kyle Maclachlan post wisteria flowers, and wisteria lane being a thing on Desperate Housewives, which he was on,
I dunno...
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Production Weekly isnt as reliable as Variety or Hollywood Reporter. its not any great publication, and theyve gotten the A2K email address going to the wrong A2K at one point
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Bear in mind Andrea Hays played Heidi in Twin Peaks and she posted about #wisteria a week before Kyle. I am pretty sure if he wanted to make a connection to Desperate Housewives he'd make it more directly.

Yes there are people out there who get involved in cults like Trumpism or any excuse for dressing up or rioting but then I don't see Twin Peaks fans going to those lengths and trying to storm Graceland - unless I missed out on that one?
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

@AgentEarle It felt like the Skype setup in TR was tailored for a Harry cameo, and I was really surprised it never happened. We know he was meant to be in it (even seeking the jacket) and backed out at the last minute. Maybe Brad knows the reasons? But it seems he has no interest in acting at this point, TP or otherwise. I’m not optimistic. If he wanted to do it, he would have done it in 2015 when asked.

@NormOfTheAndes I thought the Will Hayward scene was really warm! Even moreso once I learned that Mark directed it, with his son and his brother and wife and mother present. It’s a really sweet moment and I’m so glad we have it.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

im sorry, i didnt mean to suggest anyone would get uncouth in public. sometimes i say the wrong thing.

HHM isnt like an actual museum, Production Weekly is hardly reliable, pictures of flowers, my general point.
I could be wrong, but I'm tepid to become like a Q anon person looking at flowers and deluding myself it means something.

yeah, i think there are bored people on the internet who possibly send fake things to places like production weekly, it can happen.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Hey well fair enough - HOWEVER, if the mentions in these production publications were completely fake Lynch would have made a statement a long time ago saying so.

Mr Reindeer - the Skype call with Doc Hayward was better than him not being in the show but I didn't pick up so much on its warmth. I thought it was cutesy and I loved him mentioning cooking fish and muffins (I believe) ....but, its not the same as being in the show fully. At the same time, no explanation was given as to where his wife was, where he was living or his current relation with his daughters - so there was something off about the whole thing. But then that fits in completely with the nature of The Return.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It’s explained in Mark’s book that Will and Eileen split over fallout from the Ben stuff in late S2. I don’t think any of that is necessary to TR though. All we need to know is that he’s moved. His Skype handle is “Middlebury Doc” (referencing Middlebury, Vermont, where Warren was living).

Obviously having him via Skype was no one’s first choice but it was the only option. As you said, it beats not having him in the show at all. I thought he and Forster had great chemistry despite not being in the room together. I loved Will quoting/paraphrasing Groucho Marx, and Frank’s reaction.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Wow, speculation about Twin Peaks has somehow opened the door to political jabs.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

In Jack’s defense (although I disagree with his assessment of Production Weekly), I don’t think the implication that QAnon is demonstrably false is a “political jab.” It’s just fact.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, i apologize. i didnt mean to get political. just most recent example of people reading into something that isn't there i could think of spur of the moment.

these O & A videos looking for clues/hints , ie. kimmy robertson following back a fan unrecorded night fan account, and look she doesnt follow back that many fan accounts,
so it means its real and it's TP related,
sometimes it just reminds me of things conspiracy theorists are always showing me...
Last edited by JackwithOneEye on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I wasn't referring to Jack's post.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

if you look at production weekly's site, there's a submit button, and it appears to be a small staff and I dont know
how much follow up they do. so i get skeptical.
and the A2K productions email being to the wrong A2K made me suspicious.
the unrecorded night title is in copyright database, and we know TP Return was shot at Calvert Studios, so if you wanted to be a crank
and mess around... it occurred to me to be a possibility one could have enough info to spread around and exagerrate it.

But i could be being a conspiracy theorist myself here. just spitballing.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

But the fact that Lynch DID copyright the scripts and that they’re on file with the copyright office is a pretty big indicator that something is happening, no? I’m not aware of him copyrighting anything that he hasn’t filmed in, like, decades. He’s not exactly a prolific writer.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Based on everything I gather, including very recent conversations I just can't reveal here - TP4 seems like a virtual impossibility.

separate from that, and speaking pragmatically, and removing one's self from TP fandom - The Return was not a hit. I think it is sort of a trophy for Showtime to have under their banner for eternity, but I don't think it moved the needle. If they wanted more, I imagine they would have thrown the money at Lynch and Frost by now. Of course, there is some evidence to suggest, maybe, possibly, Lynch wrested control away from Frost and could maybe do a FWWM-ish series, but if it were actually TP, its also hard to imagine CBS licensing it out to Netflix. (I myself would love to know what's up with Frost unfollowing Lynch on twitter a while back. that doesn't seem like an accident) to play devil's advocate, with the money floating around in the streaming wars, I bet there's enough money to make Lynch and Frost play nice!

Not to say its impossible... but I have no significant hope that Unrecorded Wisteria is in fact Twin Peaks. No April Foolin', just reading tea leaves and also going on what has been told to me firsthand. ***All this to say, I had no faith in a third season until the "twin tweets."
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

But you had already removed yourself from Twin Peaks fandom right?