Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by madeleineferguson »

It's definitely not Lynch's style to let anyone steal the thunder of an announcement. I believe these little blurbs from Productionlist.com and Production Weekly are simply oversights on the part of Netflix.

I'm sure it's tricky for Lynch/Netflix to want to make any kind of celebratory announcement now, given the state of the world. But if shooting really is starting in May, they're going to have to announce something soon, or it will just get leaked. And Lynch hates that!
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

krishnanspace wrote:Where in LA are they shooting? Wouldn’t extras have been contacted as of now? By next month of Kyle hasn’t dyed his hair then I don’t think this is related to Twin Peaks
According to Production Weekly, they are shooting at Calvert Studios where the Return's sound stages also were. If it's actually May 3rd start, I would think sets and wardrobes would have to be well in motion by now.

The lack of big casting leaks, or even someone like Jack Fish/ Ruth De Jong acting as big Art Department head or Peter Deming in that zoom who would have to be really involved in pre production set building and set-up, makes me think maybe this is a much smaller scale, lower budget production than people are thinking. Maybe it's 13 mini-episodes, closer in scale to to What Did Jack Do..
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hey all. So I'm taking the new PW listings and Andrea Hays's "Wisteria" post as a pretty damn fine cup of... indicator that it is happening again.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I adore Freddie and the green glove showdown and always will.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

sneakydave wrote:The lady who played Heidi in Twin Peaks tweeted a few hours back

"I learned something today" and posted a link to a web page on how to grow Wisteria.

Interesting

https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksHeidi/stat ... 19968?s=19
It is interesting, although she learned something on the same day we did, so she might just be talking about the same production listing.

It would take a lot to convince me that there's anything going on related to Twin Peaks.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Jasper wrote:
sneakydave wrote:The lady who played Heidi in Twin Peaks tweeted a few hours back

"I learned something today" and posted a link to a web page on how to grow Wisteria.

Interesting

https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksHeidi/stat ... 19968?s=19
It is interesting, although she learned something on the same day we did, so she might just be talking about the same production listing.

It would take a lot to convince me that there's anything going on related to Twin Peaks.
I can understand a degree of scepticism but this is taking things a bit too far. Andrea Hays is a minor Twin Peaks cast member and her posting about Lynch's new project on her twitter profile AS WAITRESS HEIDI seems a bit more than her just having an interest in his work.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I dont think the actress who played Heidi posting a link about Wisteria is neither here nor there. She could just be googling stuff and hoping to get a call.

naturally Obnoxiouis and Anonymous is running with it. grasping at straws. I mean really.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

JackwithOneEye wrote:I dont think the actress who played Heidi posting a link about Wisteria is neither here nor there. She could just be googling stuff and hoping to get a call.

naturally Obnoxiouis and Anonymous is running with it. grasping at straws. I mean really.
She only had a minor role in Twin Peaks, I don't see her trying to just gain favour by tweeting. One, that would not work. Secondly, she is really not a professional actor. Your opinion but I disagree. I think there's plenty more to this.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote:
JackwithOneEye wrote:I dont think the actress who played Heidi posting a link about Wisteria is neither here nor there. She could just be googling stuff and hoping to get a call.

She only had a minor role in Twin Peaks, I don't see her trying to just gain favour by tweeting. One, that would not work. Secondly, she is really not a professional actor. Your opinion but I disagree. I think there's plenty more to this.
According to IMDB she has been pretty active the last few years not only as an actor but as costumer designer, makeup designer, producer, director, etc. etc. So it would certainly stand to reason that she looks at industry trade websites and could have spotted the news there.

I don’t think Jack meant she was trying to gain favor, just that she was excited like the rest of us by the news that Lynch is doing something, and possibly hopeful that he might cast her.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
NormoftheAndes wrote:

According to IMDB she has been pretty active the last few years not only as an actor but as costumer designer, makeup designer, producer, director, etc. etc. So it would certainly stand to reason that she looks at industry trade websites and could have spotted the news there.

I don’t think Jack meant she was trying to gain favor, just that she was excited like the rest of us by the news that Lynch is doing something, and possibly hopeful that he might cast her.

I doubt she looks at industry publications etc now, but maybe...sure.

Just seems unusual to make a mysterious tweet about Wisteria like that on a Heidi the waitress twitter account. I am sure she has a phone number for Lynch's casting agent if she has any immediate questions.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

It's not like we're the secret society of DL fans and there's only 12 of us. thousands of people are aware of dugpa. there's lots of lurkers. i know for a fact TP actors have looked at dugpa.

she coulda seen stuff on here, or any number of sites, was curious about wisteria flowers, googled it, and thought it was interesting.

i'm not suggesting she's a machivellian genius, and DL will remember heidi cause she posted a link to wisteria flowers, but she could just be a human person with awareness and not living in a vacuum and used google to look something up. so what ?
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

JackwithOneEye wrote:It's not like we're the secret society of DL fans and there's only 12 of us. thousands of people are aware of dugpa. there's lots of lurkers. i know for a fact TP actors have looked at dugpa.

she coulda seen stuff on here, or any number of sites, was curious about wisteria flowers, googled it, and thought it was interesting.

i'm not suggesting she's a machivellian genius, and DL will remember heidi cause she posted a link to wisteria flowers, but she could just be a human person with awareness and not living in a vacuum and used google to look something up. so what ?
Lordy, you're certainly not interested in even the possibility it might be something more?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote:

I doubt she looks at industry publications etc now, but maybe...sure.
Why do you say that?
Just seems unusual to make a mysterious tweet about Wisteria like that on a Heidi the waitress twitter account. I am sure she has a phone number for Lynch's casting agent if she has any immediate questions.
There are a lot of assumptions here.

I don’t think it’s unusual for a Lynch alum to post/be excited about a potential Lynch project even if they’re not in it.

Who said she had “immediate questions”? I think she was just excited like the rest of us and having some fun. I could have easily posted that exact same tweet today after seeing the production blurb and no one would have blinked.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

She almost certainly looks at Twin Peaks and David Lynch pages if she has a Heidi twitter. Obviously she's literate and has access to the internet.
I'm sure she's as intelligent and aware as we are , and has a sense of humor.

but ok, fine, I'll play along. it means Unrecorded Night is Twin Peaks, and it's definite, offiical, happening May 3rd, Netflix etc.
call CBS News and take it to the bank.
Hollywood Horror Museum right all along.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote:She almost certainly looks at Twin Peaks and David Lynch pages if she has a Heidi twitter. Obviously she's literate and has access to the internet.
I'm sure she's as intelligent and aware as we are , and has a sense of humor.

but ok, fine, I'll play along. it means Unrecorded Night is Twin Peaks, and it's definite, offiical, happening May 3rd, Netflix etc.
call CBS News and take it to the bank.
Hollywood Horror Museum right all along.
Maybe don’t call CBS. They’re probably a little salty about Netflix stealing the show.

I know people enjoy speculating and that’s fine. I just hope that if they do turn out to be wrong, those people don’t get mad or feel misled by Lynch & co. because they read too much into the tea leaves.