Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by eyeboogers »

Most likely some business reason delayed whatever he was supposed to announce. I think this for many reasons, and primarily because I have a hard time believing that Dave spends time reading all the user comments after each day's weather report :lol:
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Still hoping it will be announced the morning of February 24!

Any word on whether Lynch has been vaccinated yet?
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote:Hi, folks. Just wanted to say, based on the "announcement" we've just heard, I think the time has truly come to bid farewell to any possible future works from David Lynch once and for all. This is based not only on the endless "trolling" aspect coming over from his side but also - or, more precisely, predominantly - on what he was saying today and how he looked and sounded saying it. It's a massive bummer, but there it is.
I've erased a number of shorter, more humorous responses because I can't understand exactly where you're coming from. I'm disappointed of course but I read none of what you did into that video, or anything else surrounding it. So...I guess we'll see what happens.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Agent Earle wrote:Hi, folks. Just wanted to say, based on the "announcement" we've just heard, I think the time has truly come to bid farewell to any possible future works from David Lynch once and for all. This is based not only on the endless "trolling" aspect coming over from his side but also - or, more precisely, predominantly - on what he was saying today and how he looked and sounded saying it. It's a massive bummer, but there it is.
While I agree that age is catching up to Lynch, Production Weekly is reputable, we essentially know he's due to film something in three or so months. He himself said six months ago if Covid wasn't happening he would be filming a project. So, of all things to take as a definitive "yeah, he's not making anything else", this is .. an odd one. If April comes and goes with no filming happening on something, and Lynch himself starts saying, when asked, that he has no plans to work on a film/television project, then I'll assume his filmmaking days are done.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

I just don't see stepping away from youtube for a while as being something that would warrant a 'big announcement' with 24 hrs notice...
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

:| :?
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Man, I'm the anti-tea leaves guy here but I can't believe no one is reading between the lines that the reason he was planning on pausing the weather reports is that he's going to be busy getting into pre-production. That was the first thing that popped into my head. A man can hope!

Also, after the whole kerfuffle last time around with Showtime, could anyone blame Lynch if he's a bit gunshy about making big "official announcements" until literally every last T is crossed and i is dotted and maybe even not then?
Last edited by BGate on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

ringbearer wrote:I just don't see stepping away from youtube for a while as being something that would warrant a 'big announcement' with 24 hrs notice...
In context of the smallness of his YT channel (that deals with the weather and picking numbers from a jar), it would be a big announcement.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I agree there's good news in his almost break from the weather. (I think most of us caught that ) And I like his youtube channel. But i wanted alot more from this announcement. Fake announcements just makes it worse.

I still blame HHM for getting my hopes up so long ago that now I'm just ravenous for new Twin Peaks.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

In context of the smallness of his YT channel (that deals with the weather and picking numbers from a jar), it would be a big announcement.
I can't remember now, but did he announce last time he stopped?
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Check Google news - several publications picked up yesterday's pre-announcement. Wonder if they'll update.
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

The worst part is that since 2-1-21 was for some reason not fit for announcing a project, we will have to wait for a long time before the numbers are this right again.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Just read through the YouTube comments from this morning, and it’s actually lovely seeing all the gratitude expressed to him.

There will be another video today though, if he’s actually continuing the weather report!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DangerMo

Post by DangerMo »

Hi everyone, hadn't stopped around here in a long while.
Just sticking my head out for a quick check-up : everyone okay? Anyone hyperventilating?

:lol:

Seriously, whatever the reasons behind this teasing and today's announcement, give the man some credit for deliciously trolling all of us.
I, for one, would juste like to be reassured that he's getting both his vax shots soon, I'd be seriously pissed if we were to lose him to some stupid virus.

Take care, Love.