Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by TwinsPeak »

"She's my cousin. But doesn't she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?"
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hmm.

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:It's funny. Half the people that comment on this think it looks like Sheryl Lee but not Pheobe A.. The other half think the opposite. Apparently Sheryl Lee was asked about this in a podcast two years ago. She said she really doesn’t think it’s her, but that since she’s done a lot of things she doesn’t remember, it’s possible.

I mean it's possible? Not really a denial.
One would think she would remember working with Lynch, who gave her her start and who is her favorite director. That’s a weird response, if true.

I’m looking at it on my new 4K TV, and I really don’t think it’s them, but I can’t decide. Phoebe didn’t really act much between 1993 and TR so it’s tough finding reference photos from circa 1999. In the first shot, “Sheryl”’s eyes keep darting left in an awkward way that feels more like a jittery extra than an actress of Sheryl’s caliber, but it could also be a quirky thing DKL directed her to do. Who knows.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:It's funny. Half the people that comment on this think it looks like Sheryl Lee but not Pheobe A.. The other half think the opposite. Apparently Sheryl Lee was asked about this in a podcast two years ago. She said she really doesn’t think it’s her, but that since she’s done a lot of things she doesn’t remember, it’s possible.

I mean it's possible? Not really a denial.
One would think she would remember working with Lynch, who gave her her start and who is her favorite director. That’s a weird response, if true.

I’m looking at it on my new 4K TV, and I really don’t think it’s them, but I can’t decide. Phoebe didn’t really act much between 1993 and TR so it’s tough finding reference photos from circa 1999. In the first shot, “Sheryl”’s eyes keep darting left in an awkward way that feels more like a jittery extra than an actress of Sheryl’s caliber, but it could also be a quirky thing DKL directed her to do. Who knows.
Stupid question maybe but are we sure she knows Mulholland Drive is a David Lynch film?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Just a weird thought I had yesterday. What if unrecorded night has something to do with music, I mean in terms of story? I mean Lynch has been talking about music from the 50s/60s everyday during the weather reports. Part 8 radio station pops in my head when I hear about unrecorded night. Also to note is that they spent a lot of money on the Radio Station set
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

krishnanspace wrote:Just a weird thought I had yesterday. What if unrecorded night has something to do with music, I mean in terms of story? I mean Lynch has been talking about music from the 50s/60s everyday during the weather reports. Part 8 radio station pops in my head when I hear about unrecorded night. Also to note is that they spent a lot of money on the Radio Station set
Could be. Wasn't music label Bobkind linked to the project?
"Your log and I are on the same page."
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

krishnanspace wrote:Just a weird thought I had yesterday. What if unrecorded night has something to do with music, I mean in terms of story? I mean Lynch has been talking about music from the 50s/60s everyday during the weather reports. Part 8 radio station pops in my head when I hear about unrecorded night. Also to note is that they spent a lot of money on the Radio Station set
I've been thinking about this too. Besides the fact that he's been paying a lot of attention to early rock 'n' roll in the weather reports, it also seems significant that he chose Graceland for the Anniversary Festival. (Where potentially the announcement for the series was to be made.)

This also brings to mind an interview from INLAND EMPIRE era (I think it was for Dutch TV, but I can't find it now), where he talks about Elvis recording his first single. I think he calls it the birth of rock 'n' roll, and he starts describing it in very cinematic terms, like he's directing a scene.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The Sylvia North Story!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

MoondogJR wrote:Could be. Wasn't music label Bobkind linked to the project?
kingchatterbox wrote:I've been thinking about this too. Besides the fact that he's been paying a lot of attention to early rock 'n' roll in the weather reports, it also seems significant that he chose Graceland for the Anniversary Festival. (Where potentially the announcement for the series was to be made.)

This also brings to mind an interview from INLAND EMPIRE era (I think it was for Dutch TV, but I can't find it now), where he talks about Elvis recording his first single. I think he calls it the birth of rock 'n' roll, and he starts describing it in very cinematic terms, like he's directing a scene.
Mr. Reindeer wrote:The Sylvia North Story!
From @fatecolossal
Long new interview w/ David Lynch. Only hint of new film/TV proj: “I got a full-blown [music] studio, but I don’t have any money to pay someone to work it, because there’s no work right now. So we’ll see what happens on the other side of this transition.”
https://artreview.com/daydreaming-is-so ... for-ideas/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: From @fatecolossal
Long new interview w/ David Lynch. Only hint of new film/TV proj: “I got a full-blown [music] studio, but I don’t have any money to pay someone to work it, because there’s no work right now. So we’ll see what happens on the other side of this transition.”
https://artreview.com/daydreaming-is-so ... for-ideas/
That’s not a hint to anything really. He’s had the music studio in his house since 1997 and has always used it on and off. He’s just saying he can’t do anything at the moment because his engineer moved.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think it was more the because there’s no work right now / So we’ll see what happens on the other side of this transition part. I hope it's not just an extended music thing myself, but maybe it - whatever it is - will be very heavily musical.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Interesting tidbit is that Dean Hurley moved to Virginia. It could be possibly hurt the chances of them working extensively together.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote:I think it was more the because there’s no work right now / So we’ll see what happens on the other side of this transition part. I hope it's not just an extended music thing myself, but maybe it - whatever it is - will be very heavily musical.
I think that’s a real stretch to take that as a hint as to this upcoming film project. He’s pretty consistently worked in the music studio for the past 20+ years. It’s one of the things he does a very regular basis, like painting and building furniture. He’s just saying at the moment he can’t do it.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Panapaok wrote:Interesting tidbit is that Dean Hurley moved to Virginia. It could be possibly hurt the chances of them working extensively together.
Didn't know this and that's too bad.
I love their collaboration.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Confirmed by several people. Could be anything.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.16.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.16.36 AM.png (26.82 KiB) Viewed 8302 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM